Hey folks.

Just got my Saiga 12 folder in today, and was shocked to see how loose and cheesy the ACE folding mechanism was. This evening, I was showing off my new toy during a small family bbq, and my son, not knowing anything about the folding stock, tried to fold out the stock without pushing the POS button, (little guy, little effort. YOU KNOW) and it broke in two places. I could see anyone easily busting this terribly made product.

I will send this crap back to ACE demanding a refund.

ACE SUCKS ASS! :killer:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And BTW, what do you mean "bringing this up here"???? Isnt this a discussion forum where we can all share with each other what products work and dont? C'mon there amigo, Ive invested over 2k into this rifle, and to come across such a pile of shit product, I dont want anyone else to have this problem. I appologize if I am trying to help out someone else who might invest in some crap.

And BTW, what do you mean "bringing this up here"???? Isnt this a discussion forum where we can all share with each other what products work and dont? C'mon there amigo, Ive invested over 2k into this rifle, and to come across such a pile of shit product, I dont want anyone else to have this problem. I appologize if I am trying to help out someone else who might invest in some crap.

. . . except you're not helping anyone with anything.

Have you contacted Ace about a replacement?

If not, you have nothing to say here.

If you do contact Ace and they tell you off (which they won't), then you'd have something to tell us.

You are the ONLY person that I can remember having a complaint about Ace stock hardware, and it's not even a valid complaint because you've not contacted Ace yet. . .

. . . except you're not helping anyone with anything.

Have you contacted Ace about a replacement?

If not, you have nothing to say here.

If you do contact Ace and they tell you off (which they won't), then you'd have something to tell us.

You are the ONLY person that I can remember having a complaint about Ace stock hardware, and it's not even a valid complaint because you've not contacted Ace yet. . .

I've found ACE gear to be great. I've had problems with them sending me the wrong stuff at times, but I've bought A LOT of their stuff and it is very well made and robust. The push button folders don't lock up as solidly as the 'regular' ones, but they are still good gear. Please contact ACE and I think you'll find they take good care of you.

Jake

Nalioth,

I can some what see your point, however, I was just making a comment about a bad product. Do the forum rules STATE that I have to contact the manufacturer FIRST before I post here? Common sense, yes. I was just angry that such an expensive product went to shit. IS THAT WRONG?

Of course Im helping here if someone else reads this before buying this BAD product. And to believe that I am the first person you have heard of with issues on this product? Are you for real? Out of the packing, this folding mech was more loose than a Bangkok whore.

Quit supporting the vendors, and start supporting those who make legitimate issues here.

Peace, out.

Ace is basically the only game when it comes to putting a folder on a Saiga unless you want to go through extensive modifications and cost. The Tapco folder is a joke. The Ace push button is a bit sloppy (I have one) and I can easily see where it could be improved. The male and female parts of the lock should be tapered slightly so that it would fill the gaps before bottoming out.

The old style Ace folder is tight, but takes a lot more effort to fold. That's your trade off.

I absolutely love my ace stock!

Ace is basically the only game when it comes to putting a folder on a Saiga unless you want to go through extensive modifications and cost. The Tapco folder is a joke. The Ace push button is a bit sloppy (I have one) and I can easily see where it could be improved. The male and female parts of the lock should be tapered slightly so that it would fill the gaps before bottoming out.

The old style Ace folder is tight, but takes a lot more effort to fold. That's your trade off.

I absolutely love my ace stock!

The latest version of the Tapco folder is actually fairly decent. It has a thick metal pin, instead of a plastic one and feels very sturdy and solid when unfolded.

I have that version. I never fired the gun with it on. I upgraded to an Ace a few weeks later. Didn't trust it.

I am not a huge fan of Tapco products or any thing - my first experience with them was a "Galil" handguard for my S7.62x39, which wouldn't stay put and then broke.

Yet, I fired the shit out of my S12, breaking it in with that Tapco folding stock on. It doesn't budge. I don't see any problem with it. It's a great deal for $45, especially considering that it's an easy, drop-in install.

I don't know about the push-button model, but the regular Ace hinge is standard equipment on all Tromix conversions. Tony has built and shipped thousands of them.

It's the industry standard part, and (in my experience) Ace stands behind their product.

Generally it's an accepted form of courtesy to allow a company to correct a problem before bad-mouthing them on the internet; that's all I'm going to say about that.

$2K invested? Must be pretty cool, how about some pics?

I had a push button ACE mechanism on a carbine I used to own. I much prefer the non-pushbutton model I have on my Saiga-12. It's been my experience that ACE stands behind their product. You shouldn't have an issue getting a refund or replacement.

Personally, I'd see if you could change to a non-pushbutton folding mechanism.

Pics would be cool too.

Corbin

I GOT THEM ON THE PHONE, THEY'LL BE RIGHT OVER!

post-7166-1248204977_thumb.jpg

Sometimes when you buy a product, there are issues with the product, good companies post their contact information, so you can talk to them about getting a refund or replacement. If you were to say buy a a brand new Ford truck and the transmission fell out, would it be fair to goto a message board and bitch and whine about how Ford sucks without contacting the dealer or manufacturer first? Grow up and go whine to your mommie, maybe she wants to hear it.

Can this thread goto fight club yet?

Generally it's an accepted form of courtesy to allow a company to correct a problem before bad-mouthing them on the internet; that's all I'm going to say about that.

+1 on that. I send guys free shit anytime they have a problem, but if they run their fucking mouth off in the internet before even contacting me about a problem, they end up on the Black List. That means, you just fucked yourself and the unlimited, unconditional Tromix warranty just evaporated.

Why in the hell would ACE want to take care of you now, AFTER you already trashed their ass?

Tony

+1 on that. I send guys free shit anytime they have a problem, but if they run their fucking mouth off in the internet before even contacting me about a problem, they end up on the Black List. That means, you just fucked yourself and the unlimited, unconditional Tromix warranty just evaporated.

Why in the hell would ACE want to take care of you now, AFTER you already trashed their ass?

Tony

Quoting Bob and Tony for TRUTH!!!!

I've never heard anyone bash ACE before. I have the standard version,and two of the folding AR adapters,and those things are rock solid. Can't comment on the push button,cause I don't own one.

I agree you should give someone a chance to make it right before trashing them.....hell I gave Diavolo Arms a couple months of calls and e-mails before I went ape shit on the internet......hasn't done me any good so far,so good luck with that.

Tony

+1

Contact them.

I had a problem with an ACE folding hinge and they took care of it fast. They even sent me the replacement hinge before I sent them the defective one.

Hell, on one of my Tromix's (Tromix, Tromixs'), the pin that holds in the mag catch/release kept moving out to one side, so I emailed Tony . . . I sent it back to him and he TIGed it in place, smoothed out the welds and refinished it for me at NO CHARGE. And he had nothing to do with the pin wanting to come out, but he stood (and stands) behind his work. And in this case, he fixed what Izhmash fucked up. Of course, I'm not holding a grudge with Izhmash as I have since acquired a few more firearms made by them since then . . .

Give 'em a chance . . .

Tony

+1

Contact them.

I had a problem with an ACE folding hinge and they took care of it fast. They even sent me the replacement hinge before I sent them the defective one.

Hell, on one of my Tromix's (Tromix, Tromixs'), the pin that holds in the mag catch/release kept moving out to one side, so I emailed Tony . . . I sent it back to him and he TIGed it in place, smoothed out the welds and refinished it for me at NO CHARGE. And he had nothing to do with the pin wanting to come out, but he stood (and stands) behind his work. And in this case, he fixed what Izhmash fucked up. Of course, I'm not holding a grudge with Izhmash as I have since acquired a few more firearms made by them since then . . .

Give 'em a chance . . .