Do we need the Fight Club Sub Forum?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do we need the fight club sub forum?

• Yes
    • No
    • Leave as is with the password protection

If you get rid of the fight club, Surly probably wouldn't show his homo-erotic face around here much. Some people might consider that an improvement, but then there's Gaddis.

Where would Gaddis be able to display his ability to recognize "talent?"

• Like 1

I say leave it as is. Some topics get out of hand with an argument, but I think it's nice to be able to move it over there and let people finish the dispute. I think allowing people to argue and get at each others throats are part of what makes this place unique.

Plus, what would Surly do?!?!?:unsure:

I say NO we don't, but my opinions don't matter any more where forum policies are concerned.

That said... It was actually ME who originally came up with the idea of starting such a forum here. It was never really used the way I had envisioned it anyway.

What I was wanting when I originally suggested it was, a section where the MODERATORS or STAFF could MOVE a thread that had been become unstable and was nothing more than a pissing match between a F'king troll, (or several), and a Member or Staff Member who was trying his or her best to keep the peace, til the trolling attacks by assholes got so out of hand it became a "war" thread that was no longer fitting to have out in the open in a public thread. To put it real simple, it was supposed to be a place where people who were ALREADY arguing and being uncool, would be allowed to CONTINUE their little pissing match with no holds barred, and it would be confined to a small section where just anyone who was surfing through the forums wouldn't happen across it accidently, or have to see a bunch of childish arguing, when they came here to talk, read, and learn about GUNS! Now it has been bastardized and manipulated in such a way that it is nothing but an embarrassment to our forum IMO. I know I sure as hell wouldn't want anyone who I considered a good decent person, or definitely anyone I considered a BUSINESS prospect, to come here not already familiar with the way things are around here, and then let them wander into there and see all the bullshit pissing matches, and vulgarity that is now the norm in there. (and YES that does include some of my OWN pissed off ranting and vulgarity that I'm not proud of...I finally gave the hell up and decided if others could say whatever the F**K they want in there, then so can I)

It gone from my original idea (which was actually supposed to be USEFUL)...to being used as a "trash can" to dump shit that nobody wanted to see, to finally being separated from the trash, and used specifically for TRASH TALK. Now it's just a place where trolls have license to call anyone out, and talk any kinf of shit they want to about anyone they want to, without suffering any consequences, other than returned attacks, which always run their course and become more and more inflamed, til eventually there's nothing left to do but offer to settle the problem FTF.

Case in point.....there's a particular whiney little bitch on the forum here, who got his little panties all in a bunch when I "talked down to him" in a thread once, and just couldn't leave it alone....he had to keep hammering away, trying to make his little point to me, or more importantly, had to keep seeing if he could turn more and more OTHER people against me, or trying to make me look bad, so he used the "fight club" as a place he could start a little crybaby thread about how upset he was that I wouldn't return a PM about the LRBHO, a subject that everyone knows I am tired of responding about even with FRIENDS, so I sure as hell ain't about to answer a question from some douchebag who has made it his mission to piss me off on the forums whenever he got the chance!

There are actually those who believe the very best thing about this forum, is the ability for troublemakers and assholes to run rampant around here with no fear of being policed like they really should. That very thing is what leads to all the stupid drama that I see talked about all over the gun forums, which is so well known here.

Maybe another poll, or question that needs asked around here is.....Is the excessive DRAMA that's present here, actually GOOD or BAD for the forum as it grows and changes... You all know my answer to that one. I made it my number one goal about three or four years ago, to declare outright WAR on trolls, and those who want to hide behind their "freedom of speech", and use it for an excuse to argue and fight all over the forums, causing nothing but problems for everyone around here. All my "fans" out there love to accuse me of calling anyone a troll who "disagrees" with me. Well that's bullshit! There is a huge difference between disagreeing with someone, and going on a hate campaign against them.

• Like 2

Do we need it? No. Is it sometimes entertaining? Yes.

Does it add value or resolve disputes? No.

It does allow for freedom of speech but.... it tends to bring out the more base behavior of members.

My vote is to nix it.

I say get rid of it. A thread I had posted on got moved to that forum. Because the thread had been moved to the "Fight club" another poster felt free to attack a civil post with an insulting and inappropriate response.

I'll admit I responded in kind, and gave as good as I got, but afterward have regretted doing so because the entire exchange was just plain stupid.

Posts from trolls, and habitual trolls themselves should be removed from the forum. All of us need place to vent, and there is an appropriate, and civil way to do so.

Condoning inappropriate behavior and cyber bullying on the board by allowing those so inclined to hijack legitimate threads is unacceptable.

As for the individual who attacked me in the fight club - you have repeatedly distinguished yourself as the S12 board "cell block bitch" you ignorant inbred banjo picking crack whore.

^^ See how easy it is to descend the slippery slope? Lets just ban and redact personal inflammatory attacks from the forum and get rid of the fight club altogether.

Now - the moderators are faced with a difficult choice. Move the entire thread to the fight club, or redact the offensive language above;)

This is a great topic. +1 to the originator.

WS

WS

Edited by WaffenSchmied

As someone who has had a few threads get moved to that forum I would have to say, no we don't need it.

I have been on many forums with fight clubs, flame pits, etc and on most of these forums the subject is discussed in a very aggressive manner but nothing is normally resolved.

In our Fight Club, people just post stupid comments and hollow threats, it's worse the the smack talk before a WWF match.

People should be able to discuss volatile subjects with out have to resort to acting like idiots.

• Like 2

post-19652-12551937247043_thumb.jpg

No fight club??

post-19652-1255193481738_thumb.jpg

Sometimes things just should be kept how they are. If someone lacks the wit & capacity to comically CRUSH

their co-debater, they should just stay out of there...

I have never seen W.J. there... (Smart guy...)

But there are sometimes (clint eastwood)post-19652-12551936700685_thumb.jpg

When it is just a great place to tear the crap out of an asshole that is shitting all over the place!

post-19652-12551935829155_thumb.jpg

There are certain styles that are funny, & some just run a tirade of vulgarity that, well,,, lacks in creativity...

They are transparent though. Some people just do not know when to give up.

post-19652-1255193757207_thumb.jpg

Yes they may make asses out of themselves, But should we take away guns, because people shoot themselves in the foot every so often? HELL NO!!

How about the guys that can't handle it just stay out?

post-19652-12551952930374_thumb.jpg

Self control, What a concept...

Shit, While we're at it , Why don't we make the forum background PINK?

No fight club is a bad idea as far as I am concerned...

There is a lot of fun to be had there when the situation presents its self.

post-19652-12551936149691_thumb.jpg

If it ain't broke.... DON'T FIX IT!

Let the content cops reside elsewhere.

post-19652-12551953741655_thumb.jpg

EDIT :

DO BE SURE TO MOVE THIS THREAD INTO FIGHT CLUB WHEN IT GETS COLD HERE!!

Edited by Paulyski

at least bring down a mop and some clean soapy water.

+1

Maybe have a week long limit & then the thread get's dumped automatically.

Then you wouldn't have such an accumulation of B.S. & you still have the occasional fun.

Where would the guy's who live down there go?

funny-dog-pictures-homeless-hug.jpg

post-19652-12551975078497_thumb.jpg

I tend to think it is better to leave it like it is. But having said that, I've never been in the fight club since it was separated from the main forum by a password. My concern is if children don't have a place outside where they can piss and moan and whine and argue and cry and fight, then they'll just bring all that shit in the house. Of course, something can be said for just deciding that this is a place for grown men and making everyone act like it. I'd also be in favor of that.

• Like 2

I have to admit, the fight between Patriot 12/crusader was some of the funniest, most inventive shit I've ever seen anywhere, anytime, anyplace! lol. LMAO!. I especially liked the way how it was all drawn out, and took a lot of people by surprise when it ended. Other than that, my first impression when I first took a peek, was "WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?" Yeah, male joking and ribbing is a given, but this is just a big pissing match to see who can get the upper hand on put downs. Not cool in my book. To each his own. I didn't vote, because I don't want to take away some poor schmucks only form of entertainment, when the next time the question might be directed at "what/or do we need" a thread forum that I may be partial to. The perv's are harmless in their own little corner. And Pauliski, That photo is one of the most sad, disturbing, yet gratifying pictures I have ever seen. I have 4 dogs (notice I didn't say "own") and 99% of the time I would rather spend time with them than put up with all the bullshit from most of the people I've run across. Dogs will never, ever do you wrong. I do enjoy peoples company, but am wary of some of them, and their intentions.

I would say with the password protection, Anyone who ENTERS the fight club does so BY THEIR OWN CHOICE!!!!

They are warned in advance before they enter the password... They KNOW what they are going into... They have ZERO RECOURSE to complaining about the contents if they do not like it... JUST DONT GO BACK IN THERE!

I dont understand why Juggs even asked this question... I must be "out of the loop" somewhere... :unsure:

I DO like the idea mentioned above that after a certain pre-ordained period of time, The threads in there are deleted... gone forever... If they made it there to begin with, there MUST HAVE BEEN A REASON... they were BEYOND redemption... so there would be no point to retain them for the long haul... However, I DO see the value of a place where one can go, or threads can go when they DO get to that point that they do not belong in the general sections...

Maybe forum life is just too complex for my simple mind to resolve properly... :unsure:

:smoke:

Delete the juvenile stuff if you must, but the Patriot 12 stuff should be saved. JMHO. The part where the white bitch dog should have been made with the KA Pucks, GUNFIXR PLUG and 25% reduction hammer springs. It is a part of Saiga 12 Forum history and should be put into a shrine. I doubt it will ever happen again. Probably a good thing. lol.

Actually its a shame that we even need the fight club in the first place. We are supposed to all be adults here, and should act as such. There is a thing called agreeing to disagree and let it go.

If I want to fight, I have a wife that serves that purpose well. ;)

I would rather see people be held accountable for their words, and if the mods have to spank them with time outs, so be it. The "bad seeds" can make the rest of us look as bad as they to visitors or new people.

Just my opinion of course.

Need? No. Funny as hell? Yes.

The idea of auto-delete is interesting, baybe an archive for the clasics :lol:

I'd just hate to see the rest of the forums become a stuffy ass police state, other than that I don't care, and I didn't vote.

I was also very drawn to Paulyski's photo. That is so powerful in so many ways and from almost any perspective.

It is.

Dogs are like young children... They wouldn't know their missing something unless you told them.

They would probably be happier that way, because you are always with them.

+1

Then you wouldn't have such an accumulation of B.S. & you still have the occasional fun.

post-19652-12551975078497_thumb.jpg

You know, the more I look at this picture, it strikes me as who in the HELL would make fun of homeless people. With the currant administration (obama) that we have it seems like a pretty heartlees fucked up judgement to make on a person. The picture I see you posted shows a guy hugging a dog with all he's got, and the dog is loving him back as well. Many people are close to losing everything, and the fucking humans around them don't give them this kind of loving feedback. Paulyski, you must be one fortunate son of a bitch to be able to make fun of others troubles. Not all homeless people are caused by drugs, alcohol, or mental illness. The local Monroe Shock Absorber company (Tennecco) Just announced they were closing here, displacing 500 jobs in a county that experts say can only absorb 150. It must be nice to be in a position to be able to make fun of all the homeless people that will result from that plant closure. I know shit is bad all over the country, but for you to post a picture and make fun of people that don't have it quite as good as you do is reprehensible. FUCK YOU IN YOUR GODDAMN ASSHOLE, BUDDY! Most people that lose their jobs , when they are living paycheck to paycheck don't really have a choice. They can stay in a "Christian" shelter and listen to the preaching day and night, or try to make it on their own. For some motherfucking reason, being homless or jobless has replaced the "I'm Pregnant" disgust with Americans. There was a time when families binded together, but if a girl was pregnant out of wedlock it was un acceptable. That has seemingly changed to be if you don't have a job, you are somehow considered subclass, and the teenage pregger with no daddy or multiple daddies is OK. Just the action of you posting a picture of someone with troubles far worse than you tell us all a lot about the person you are deep inside. You might think it's funny to laugh at others problems, but the fact remains it is happening to a LOT of Americans right now, that don't deserve or wanted it. I swear to GOD that that dog will love that guy with all his heart and soul. All the dog needs is a little hug and some food, and he will give that guy FAR more than any person ever could in his place. There is even the Rock Group Three Dog Night, whose name comes from an old Austrailian outback story of how to judge how could the night was. One dog - mild, two dogs - cool, and three dogs - a bitter night. Just you posting that picture says a lot about your character. I would rather know and love any dog over shaking your hand. Homeless is nothing to laugh at. I hope to God it never happens to you. Bruce Springsteen summed it up best "But there's things that will knock you down that you don't even see coming, And send you crawling like a baby back home. from his song "when you're alone".

I posted my previous response before I read yours. The picture clearly makes fun of homeless people. I hope that you are not so inclined. I'm sorry if there was any mis-understanding. Dogs are not meant to be discarded as an afterthought. If you actually get to know them and interact with them, they are amazing creatures. So are the homeless.

I posted my previous response before I read yours. The picture clearly makes fun of homeless people. I hope that you are not so inclined. I'm sorry if there was any mis-understanding. Dogs are not meant to be discarded as an afterthought. If you actually get to know them and interact with them, they are amazing creatures. So are the homeless.

I disagree that that pic is meant to mock the homeless. The dog is the subject of the caption, not that poor man. I think the message it's trying to convey is that no one is truly homeless if they have someone who loves them.

I also disagree with your assertion that Paulyski posted that pic in an effort to belittle the homeless. I think you should re-examine your assumptions here.

+1

You know, the more I look at this picture, The more it disturbs me. The picture you posted shows a guy hugging a dog with all he's got, and the dog is loving him back as well. Many people are close to losing everything, and the humans around them don't give them this kind of loving feedback. Paulyski, I don't understand if your trying to demean them or what? :unsure:

Actually, I see beauty in this picture. I do not feel that it is making fun of the less fortunate by any means.

When I see it , it is quite moving.

It inspired me to cradle my little dog is a kodak moent'esque sort of way.

Edited:

To make a more direct conversation. :up:

Edited by Paulyski

I never venture in there, but appreciate its existence. I think it helps to be allowed to vent, act like a complete jackass, fence words, or just shit on each other, in a designated area.

To run with Cobra's trash can analogy, I know that's not what you envisioned, but a trash can has a useful purpose. There are a lot of conflicting personalities on this forum, so the garbage isn't going to go away. Life is a lot better when the garbage doesn't pile up where everybody has to see and smell it. If you tuck the trash can in the corner, only use it when you need it and put a lid (the password) on it, that garbage doesn't stink up the rest of the forum.