Destroy 40 enemy killstreak rewards (UAV's, turrets, etc.) using Cold Blooded and you get Cold Blooded Pro. Once you get that your name won't light up red (over your head) to the other team.

Definitely a plus.

Love your new avatar Shooter!

That's gotta be my favorite perk. So many people have walked right past me only to get knifed. And I am now officially addicted to knifing. I can't help but laugh when I get a good kill streak with a knife.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hiding i think are for noobs. when u corner yerself n lay claymores around you, u show no type of skills. sure its real life situation type stuff, but cmon thid is a video game. isint that boring to j

You know... I was seriously looking forward to this game. I have always LOVED the Call of Duty series and have had many LANs just playing the first one. I own COD4 on both Xbox360 and PC and have gone

Well if you have it preordered there is a new site up for a chance to win some nifty stuff suprizeattack.com

Posted Images

C-B Pro definitely has it's advantages.

This is a copy/paste from a post I just left on a MW2 thread over on Arfcom:

One day I was bored, and decided to see how much people don't pay attention, and if Cold-Blooded Pro (no name and no red cross-hairs when targeted by an enemy) is actually any good. So I laid here in the tall grass on Karachi for an entire match:

Modern-Warfare-2-Multiplayer-Map-Ka.jpg

I had a silenced SCAR. So when enemies would go by, I would put 1 round into them. Obviously they didn't die, but they did get a directional damage indicator. Even still, not once was I noticed. I didn't kill anyone. I just kept 1-rounding enemies when they went by. One guy took off running toward the chicken coop, and then I saw him peek back around the corner a second later. He still didn't see me. It was entertaining.

:lolol:

It also came in handy the other day on Rundown. I had just picked up a Care Package that I had dropped at that gas station in the back. When I was leaving the area some guy was coming toward me, hit me a few times, and I proned out in the tall swampy weeds to recover. Then I went to crouching, started looking around, and my cross-hairs lit up red and I could barely even see him. So I knifed his ass. He literally came back about 4 times (he must have been spawning right across that little bridge) before I could leave, and I just kept doing it. He couldn't find me. It was pretty damn funny, and I bet he was pissed. :lol:

Anyone tried MAG on PS3 yet? I played for a few hours last night, I liked it. I picked Raven since they seemed to be the underdogs.

I've been hearing a lot of good things about it, and the videos on YouTube look pretty cool. So is it every single game is guaranteed 250-ish people to be playing? That sounds insane. Once you pick a "company" to play for, are you stuck with that one for good?

I want to get Battlefield: Bad Company 2 when it comes out, but I'll probably hold out until it goes on sale, 'cause I'm cheap. That game looks awesome too. The completely destructible environment sounds crazy. There was a video of a guy running into a building in one of the objective-based games. Apparently, an enemy team member had planted explosives all around the base of the building, and blew it when the other guy ran in, killing him. Chopping down trees with mounted machine-guns, to get a clear view of the approaching enemy. Blowing bridges, so enemy vehicles can't cross. Sounds like fun.

C-B Pro also comes in handy for when you're the one to get slaughtered in a Game Winning Kill-Cam. No one knows it was you getting splattered, because you're name doesn't show up to enemy, and everyone watches from his point of view. laugh.gif

I know, isn't that great?

I've played the new Battlefield. There's a downloadable free demo from Xbox live. I'm not sure if PS 3 has that option. Honestly, I think it sucks. I didn't like it at all.

The Hopping 1, love your new avatar too.

Obake, I stare at yours in every thread I go to. Keep posting please.

I've played the new Battlefield. There's a downloadable free demo from Xbox live. I'm not sure if PS 3 has that option. Honestly, I think it sucks. I didn't like it at all.

That sucks to hear.

I'm not sure if PS3 has a demo to download. Not that it would matter to me anyway.................when I downloaded the 4 extra maps for COD4, it literally took 4 hours to download the 250MB file :ded: . So I can't even imagine how long a whole demo would take. DSL sucks hard.

(.......and oh yeah, I finally got the "Misery loves company" challenge done this morning, where you have to cook a grenade and not throw it, killing yourself and 1 enemy. I caught a sniper slacking in a house on Wasteland. I wonder if he watched the Kill-Cam :lol: )

That sucks to hear.

I'm not sure if PS3 has a demo to download. Not that it would matter to me anyway.................when I downloaded the 4 extra maps for COD4, it literally took 4 hours to download the 250MB file 010.gif . So I can't even imagine how long a whole demo would take. DSL sucks hard.

(.......and oh yeah, I finally got the "Misery loves company" challenge done this morning, where you have to cook a grenade and not throw it, killing yourself and 1 enemy. I caught a sniper slacking in a house on Wasteland. I wonder if he watched the Kill-Cam laugh.gif )

Some people like Battlefield. It's just not my style. I like the map though.

I still haven't got The Ripper title yet. Everytime I get 2 melees I get killed and don't get the third.

I'm trying to keep the K/D ratio up. It's hard to keep up playing hardcore. What's your K/D ratio? I'm sure it has gone up a lot since you first started playing.

I still haven't got The Ripper title yet. Everytime I get 2 melees I get killed and don't get the third.

I'm trying to keep the K/D ratio up. It's hard to keep up playing hardcore. What's your K/D ratio? I'm sure it has gone up a lot since you first started playing.

Try using the tactical knife on a pistol, it seems to be a lot faster. I don't have the tac knife yet but it's next on my list.

Try using the tactical knife on a pistol, it seems to be a lot faster. I don't have the tac knife yet but it's next on my list.

I would but I'm a javelin whore.

I use the javelin as my secondary and scavenger so I can (pick up) shoot them bitches all game.

I love it.

I would but I'm a javelin whore.

I use the javelin as my secondary and scavenger so I can (pick up) shoot them bitches all game.

I love it.

Oh yeah, The Ripper is a "JAVELIN WHORE" I second that!!!! had to give a comment on that one. I guess I would be considered a "Knife Monkey".

• Like 1

That sucks to hear.

I'm not sure if PS3 has a demo to download. Not that it would matter to me anyway.................when I downloaded the 4 extra maps for COD4, it literally took 4 hours to download the 250MB file 010.gif . So I can't even imagine how long a whole demo would take. DSL sucks hard.

(.......and oh yeah, I finally got the "Misery loves company" challenge done this morning, where you have to cook a grenade and not throw it, killing yourself and 1 enemy. I caught a sniper slacking in a house on Wasteland. I wonder if he watched the Kill-Cam laugh.gif )

Some people like Battlefield. It's just not my style. I like the map though.

So is it just the challenge where you have to get a 3-Kill streak with a knife? If so, I have it :D . I got that one on Wasteland, before they patched the Care Package high-speed sprint glitch. I would run full retard around the perimeter and knife the snipers. I think the highest streak I got, purely knifing, was about 7 or 8 on that map.

I'm starting to not like Hardcore. People know there's no kill-cam, so they just camp. It get's annoying after awhile.

My K/D is 1.20 right now (I mostly play TDM and Domination). I think it's like 11K+ kills and 9K+ deaths. But I'm still at 15, for my highest killstreak. Kinda weak. But I think it has to do with my Kill Streak Reward selections. I'm rocking, UAV, Care Package and Predator. Just until I finish the "Call in X amount of UAV's" and "Call in X amount of Care Packages" challenges done. Once I finish those, I'll switch my Kill Streak Rewards to the good stuff, so I can hopefully get a higher top kill streak.

There is definitely camping in hardcore. It can be a pain in the ass sometimes. I just don't like core because you have to empty a whole mag in a guy to kill him and I don't like the deathcam. Pros and cons in both I guess.

1.20 is actually good and you haven't been playing this game that long. I've seen a lot worse from guys playing a lot longer. It's higher than a lot of peoples' on my friends list. Some of these guys have been playing since day 1. I'm impressed bro!

+1 Chupa (Knife Mokey)

Guess what, The Javelin Whore got the game winning kill with a javelin at Terminal. The catch is I launched it from Dreams and landed it on Burger Town thru the glass window of the roof. First time I got the match winning kill with a javelin. I jumped out of my seat. 027.gif I've been wanting to watch the slow mo replay with a javelin since day one. I was happy as hell!

The Hopping 1, he sent you a friend request the other night when we were playing. WARMACHINE1107

He should be on right now if you want to send him a request now. I saw him on but I had to go because I'm getting up early to go shooting tomorrow.

Edited by THE RIPPER

Anyone tried MAG on PS3 yet? I played for a few hours last night, I liked it. I picked Raven since they seemed to be the underdogs.

I've been hearing a lot of good things about it, and the videos on YouTube look pretty cool. So is it every single game is guaranteed 250-ish people to be playing? That sounds insane. Once you pick a "company" to play for, are you stuck with that one for good?

I want to get Battlefield: Bad Company 2 when it comes out, but I'll probably hold out until it goes on sale, 'cause I'm cheap. That game looks awesome too. The completely destructible environment sounds crazy. There was a video of a guy running into a building in one of the objective-based games. Apparently, an enemy team member had planted explosives all around the base of the building, and blew it when the other guy ran in, killing him. Chopping down trees with mounted machine-guns, to get a clear view of the approaching enemy. Blowing bridges, so enemy vehicles can't cross. Sounds like fun.

You unlock different games as you rank up. As far as I can tell some have more players on the map than others. I still suck at it. I went a few games with 0 kills and 0 assist. I finally racked up a bunch of kills while another company was camping a church tower sniping off my crew. I had a RPG and found the perfect spot to stick a rocket in the tower and take out 3-4 at a time. Still getting used to the PS3 contoller. It's a bit small for my hands I am a XBOX person. It's addictive though. I stayed up until 2am playing and had to be up at 6. You are stuck with your company. Everyone picks Valor ( 'Merica...Fuck Yeah)

There is definitely camping in hardcore. It can be a pain in the ass sometimes. I just don't like core because you have to empty a whole mag in a guy to kill him and I don't like the deathcam. Pros and cons in both I guess.

1.20 is actually good and you haven't been playing this game that long. I've seen a lot worse from guys playing a lot longer. It's higher than a lot of peoples' on my friends list. Some of these guys have been playing since day 1. I'm impressed bro!

I haven't had the game too long, compared to some.................but sadly, I probably have more hours logged than those who got it when it first came out, lol. It's winter. I hibernate, and this game is addictive. I'm at like 6 days and 8-ish hours logged. :D

You unlock different games as you rank up. As far as I can tell some have more players on the map than others. I still suck at it. I went a few games with 0 kills and 0 assist. I finally racked up a bunch of kills while another company was camping a church tower sniping off my crew. I had a RPG and found the perfect spot to stick a rocket in the tower and take out 3-4 at a time. Still getting used to the PS3 contoller. It's a bit small for my hands I am a XBOX person. It's addictive though. I stayed up until 2am playing and had to be up at 6. You are stuck with your company. Everyone picks Valor ( 'Merica...Fuck Yeah)

Sounds pretty cool. I'll most likely check it out when it goes on sale...........like when MW2 dropped to $40 for a week, is when I snagged it up.

I've got a headset on the way, so I'll be able to communicate and talk shit soon. :lol:

Some neat tips gleaned from looking at the in game mechanics closely and from playing this game WAY too long:

*The FAL actually has increased damage with the holosight. It raises the minimum damage to 40 from 35. This, coupled with stopping power, makes it a 2 shot kill at ANY range.

*The red dot on the fal is inaccurate. It places bullets where it's not supposed to.

*Some guns do not benefit very much from stopping power. Some LMG's and the FAL fall under this. Look at the chart below. If the multiplier from stopping power after you throw in your silencer mods (if applicable) does not increase directly the number of shots required to kill, leave it off.

*Bling is the devil if you're using it to mount a sight PLUS another accessory. Most of the time you can make do with iron sights, exceptions being if you just cannot get them down, in cases like the FAL where some attachments increase damage.

*If you use an LMG use the grip. Seriously.

*For anything but some smg's and maybe the acr if you're so inclined steady aim is generally useless. Steady aim has ZERO effect on your shotguns.

*Shotgun reticles do not decrease nearly as much (IF AT ALL) when running as compared to other weapons. Keep this in mind for your "run and gun" class.

*The sights on the desert eagle are misaligned. Beware. Gun kinda blows anyways.

*The much maligned m9 pistol is actually a 2 shot kill at close range with stopping power. Couple it with tac knife and you have a very nice cqb option, especially if you're fast on the trigger.

*Despite what the game says the ACOG does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to increase your range. It does diddly. Range, in game mechanics, has to do with drop off in bullet damage. This is not affected by the use of the ACOG. Why IW decided to show it as such is beyond me.

*The UMP is a 3 shot kill at ANY range EVEN with a silencer. 1 shot kill on hardcore.

*The grip does NOTHING for shotguns EXCEPT the AA12.

*Aiming down the sight on ANY shotgun actually increases your shot spread. So don't do it.

*The red dot sight on the f2000 and the TAR-21 WILL NOT go down during an EMP attack. Somewhat useless since EMP is a low tier killstreak and these particular red dots are not desirable due to how much they obscure but...interesting and useful in a niche.

*Silencers decrease damage across range for all weapons EXCEPT light machine guns. LMG's have their damage flat decreased, since LMG's have constant damage at ALL ranges. This is why people are able to snipe with the RPD.

*The MG4 with a silencer without stopping power is, on paper, the WEAKEST weapon in the game at 5 shots to kill even at point blank range unless a headshot is involved. This is worse than the vector which has a 25-20 damage depending on range.

*Commando actually teleports you a distance of 6 feet to your target. That is 6 feet THROUGH ANYTHING. Keep this in mind.

*Sitrep pro cancels out ninja pro. Kinda useless unless you're on hardcore but even then...ninja pro > sitrep pro except in some situations. Plus leveling up sitrep pro is a pain.

*With blast shield on you can easily survive an rpg blast at relatively close range. Couple this with an rpg or an at4 for fun and watch people scream when you don't die.

*Blast shield IS canceled out by danger close. So be careful.

*You can use the predator to shoot down enemy air support. Difficult to do but it causes a lot of Q.Q. when you do it.

*When you have an ac130 or a gunship you can normally pop off 2 flares. This is done by right clicking. Also binding your weapon swapping to your mouse up and down key will help out a LOT when you pop off an ac-130.

*Don't use care packages. They show where you are. Go for something that actually ups your kill count. My favorite? Predator>Attack Chopper (mobile) >chopper gunner. If I want a nuke? Harrier (for initial bomb blast ONLY if UAV is up) > chopper gunner > NUKE.

*Semtex has almost twice the blast radius as a frag grenade. Time your throws and you'll generally do much more damage.

*Leave scrambler at home. If you're on hardcore it's useless. If you're not on hardcore you just let me know that something is creeping up behind me. Waste of a red perk slot that could go to hardline, stopping power or cold blooded.

*The care package glitch NO LONGER WORKS. Neither does the Javelin glitch. Do not look like a retard and either run around with a CP nade or try to javelin yourself. You will be farted upon.

Also note that ALL of teh in game values shown on the loadout selection screen are COMPLETELY MEANINGLESS. THEY MEAN NOTHING. They do not correlate WHATSOEVER with what is in the game's files that govern weapon mechanics. So instead of relying on the little green bars...use this chart.

MW2%20Weapon%20Chart.gif

Edited by Tsm002
  • Like 1

*When you have an ac130 or a gunship you can normally pop off 2 flares. This is done by right clicking. Also binding your weapon swapping to your mouse up and down key will help out a LOT when you pop off an ac-130.

Obviously, this write-up is for PC's, but what about console? PS3 specifically. Don't the flares drop from AC130's automatically? Or am I being shot down early, because I'm not dropping flares because I'm retarded.

(Hell, I have over 6 days time into this game...............and just found out yesterday that you can give the Predator missile a "boost" to make it go faster. Knowing that might have helped when I was zoning in on a guy, and he runs into a building right before I blow his ass up. :cryss: )

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously, this write-up is for PC's, but what about console? PS3 specifically. Don't the flares drop from AC130's automatically? Or am I being shot down early, because I'm not dropping flares because I'm retarded.

(Hell, I have over 6 days time into this game...............and just found out yesterday that you can give the Predator missile a "boost" to make it go faster. Knowing that might have helped when I was zoning in on a guy, and he runs into a building right before I blow his ass up. :cryss: )

Yes you have over 6 days of playing time into this game now wich tells me 2 things jeese put it down for a bit and I have not been able to play in a while. Also this tells me that damn I suck after not playing for so long but should be getting back into the swing of things :killer:

Yes you have over 6 days of playing time into this game now wich tells me 2 things jeese put it down for a bit and I have not been able to play in a while. Also this tells me that damn I suck after not playing for so long but should be getting back into the swing of things :killer:

Yeah man, I pretty much burned myself out on MW2. I haven't signed in for quite awhile. I'll probably jump back into it when the DLC comes out. The current maps are getting BORING.

Funny thing is, I maxed out level 70 in about 3 days/6 hours.............and still haven't Prestiged even though I'm at 6 days/X hours now :lolol: . Last I looked, SuperHawk wasn't too far ahead of me in hours, but he was already deep into Prestige (maybe even his 2nd?).

Give it a few more months they will put out a map pack. When I get bored i play the battlepak or whatever you see a bit more of rust and the smaller maps. I would like to know how to use the predator to shoot something down or is that just a PC thing? Also thanks for posting the damage charts that was cool to see.

I love playing in Rust - full time total chaos. Plus, for a relatively new player, it is a great place to boost the kill count. I do wish it was a larger playing area, so I would enjoy seeing a pack that makes the area larger.

WJ

Yeah got on and played a bit in 2 days straight even got on mw and played a bit on that still a whole lot of people playing on there still and at least rust is not as small as shipment on the first mw have some running aroound room not much more but still good fun I would like to see some new maps probly get on later to day after work I use the same name on psn as here :killer:

I love playing in Rust - full time total chaos. Plus, for a relatively new player, it is a great place to boost the kill count. I do wish it was a larger playing area, so I would enjoy seeing a pack that makes the area larger.

WJ

You need to put down that kiddie MW2 game and enter a real battle with a Saiga shotgun in Bad company 2

I made a second PSN account awhile back. Mainly to remember what it's like to start from scratch (to see if I wanted to Prestige my normal account), and partly to have an account to let friends abuse and wreck the stats on :lolol: . Anyway, I've been trying to rank it up so it's got the good stuff.........................and now I've become extremely addicted to playing Hardcore TDM. I like it so much better than regular "core", and it's renewed my interest in the game, at least enough until the DLC maps come out.

Also, HC has gotten me into sniping, which I can't stand to do on regular "core". I went 21-1 on Afghan, during a HC:TDM. I was wrecking shit with the .50/ACOG/Silencer. It's nice to be able to snipe from a good spot, and for people not to see where you are on the Kill-Cam. :devil: I went 13-0 on Wasteland with the same setup. Picked a nice spot, and didn't move the whole match, except to pick up my CP. If the match was longer, I'm confident I could have went much higher from that same exact spot.

Give it a few more months they will put out a map pack. When I get bored i play the battlepak or whatever you see a bit more of rust and the smaller maps. I would like to know how to use the predator to shoot something down or is that just a PC thing? Also thanks for posting the damage charts that was cool to see.

You can use the Predator to shoot down low-flying enemy air support. I've used it a bunch of times to shoot down Harriers and choppers. I even saw a YouTube video of someone using a Predator to shoot down an AC130, but it's really hard because of how high it flies and the fact that it stays to the edges of the map. But shooting down Harriers and choppers with the Predator is easy. They have a big red box on them, just like enemy personnel.

You need to put down that kiddie MW2 game and enter a real battle with a Saiga shotgun in Bad company 2

I'll probably pick this up when it gets cheaper. I'm a cheap SOB. :angel:

Edited by -Shooter-

hardcore is the bomb especialy if your leveling your sniper rifles or the FAL, play with CB-pro and a sniper is a huge annoyance lol I like to stay zoomed in so I dont give up my position after a kill, cant tell you how many times the enemy goes right by me while I am in the prone in a gillie suit. Also playing hardcore is a great way to get your 200 one shot kills to unlock all the gillie suits for the sniper rifles.

hardcore is the bomb especialy if your leveling your sniper rifles or the FAL, play with CB-pro and a sniper is a huge annoyance lol I like to stay zoomed in so I dont give up my position after a kill, cant tell you how many times the enemy goes right by me while I am in the prone in a gillie suit. Also playing hardcore is a great way to get your 200 one shot kills to unlock all the gillie suits for the sniper rifles.

Yup. I'm loving HC, and sniping. I hated sniping in core. I run CB-Pro, Ninja-Pro and depending on the situation, I'll either run Bling Pro (I like the .50 with the ACOG and silencer) or Marathon Pro or Scavenger Pro in the first perk slot.

Reasons why sniping on HC is ridiculously awesome:

1) No Kill Cam for them to watch and find out where you are.

2) One-shot-kills no matter where you hit them (at least with the .50.....haven't tried the others yet)

Funny thing is, about my "who-gives-a-shit" account.....is that I have a higher K/D than my normal account :lolol: . I'm coming up on 1.30 and I've been playing HC:TDM exclusively.

Something weird happened on Wasteland the other day, while sniping. 2 guys came running along side my spot. I let them pass and took them out, 1-shot each, right in a row. Ping, Ping! But then a challenge thing popped up and said I completed the "Kill 2 enemies with 1 bullet" challenge. I know for fact I didn't though. I shot one guy, and then shot the other guy within a split second. 2 shots. A guy I work with said he had the same thing happen to him. 2 shots, 2 kills.....but completed the "kill 2 enemies with 1 bullet" challenge. Weird.