What's your preferred carry?

I used to carry my massaged Colt Combat Commander all the time until I drank the Glockaid.

Now it's my G19 or G23. Nothing else required but the trigger to make it go bang. I wouldn't want someone to get the drop on me because I have to mess with a safety first.

Edited by MT Predator
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My primary for several years has been my Glock 17, but it's not as concealable as many other handguns out there. I'm waiting on a new IWB holster for my Taurus PT 145 Pro. Should be here anytime.

Thinking of a smaller secondary pistol too. Maybe a 380.

Corbin

Get the Glock Clip.

It's awesome. I carry full sized concealed with no issues.

2s2-2.jpg

If you need a smaller gun, I would reccomend the P-64.

It's the smallest, most accurate 9X18 out there.

I've been carrying it more & more lately.

I can get consistant middle head shots @ 75' with it.

I figure it would be great for an active shooter situation due to it's accuracy. Plus it's sexy as hell & has a walther style loaded chamber indacater in the rear. You will need to do a spring swap to reduce the 28Lb trigger pull, but once you do, the gun's AWESOME.

The top one is mine.

The bottom one has the style of grips that I traded for. I like the thumb rest grips best.

More James Bond-esque ^_^

I sized this image to scale, that's how big it is.

1Lsidep-64-1.jpg

PolishP-64.jpg

You can find out more about the P-64 HERE.

IMO you will not find a cooler more accurate concealed piece with a respectable round. And they're around $200.00! :D

They kick like a mule though. It's inevitable for such a small gun with such a strong round. They are noticeably smaller than a Bersa.

Not a gun you want to shoot at the range all day.

Here it is next to a Makarov for comparison.

P64andMak.jpg

Edited by Paulyski

If at all possible I prefer to carry my XD9 (4" Service) in my Crossbreed Super Tuck, 16+1 of either 124gr +P Speer GoldDot or Hornady Critical Defense 115gr.

At work I can't risk a customer seeing it, so it rides in the cab of the truck outta sight, I may not have instant access, but at least its nearby.

A Uncle Mike's IWB clip-on makes having it available for meals and around the hotels a quick option.

Edited by ChileRelleno

I don't have any hand guns small enough for warm weather concealed carry. I switch between my Taurus 1911 and my Taurus tracker .44 mag-mostly when hiking in the woods. I'll probably get the S&W night guard 8 shot .357 with a 2-1/2" barrel eventually.

I don't have any hand guns small enough for warm weather concealed carry. I switch between my Taurus 1911 and my Taurus tracker .44 mag-mostly when hiking in the woods. I'll probably get the S&W night guard 8 shot .357 with a 2-1/2" barrel eventually.

If your looking for a nice summer carry and you don't mind it not being a "mag" or a .45 cal check out the. P64. Like Pauly said. Light, reliable, cheap, accurate and well made. If you don't like the 9x18 Walther makes a nice slim semi called the PPS. Comes in 9mm and .40. The 9 has a mag with max cap of 8+1 the .40 is less. Works well with any modern ammo (+P). I carry it (9mm) almost daily and forget I even have it.Taurus also makes the 709Slim in 9mm.

If your looking for a nice summer carry and you don't mind it not being a "mag" or a .45 cal check out the. P64. Like Pauly said. Light, reliable, cheap, accurate and well made. If you don't like the 9x18 Walther makes a nice slim semi called the PPS. Comes in 9mm and .40. The 9 has a mag with max cap of 8+1 the .40 is less. Works well with any modern ammo (+P). I carry it (9mm) almost daily and forget I even have it.Taurus also makes the 709Slim in 9mm.

Thanks for the advice, I've kinda been checking this little number out. It's another Taurus, but it's a small 10+1 rd. 45 acp for C.C. http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=39&category=Pistol&toggle=tp&breadcrumbseries=CC1

I don't want to buy a gun with different ammo if I don't have to-maybe .357 because I really like it and I prefer revolvers. Being able to throw .38's in there is kinda cool too-save some cash at the range.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice, I've kinda been checking this little number out. It's another Taurus, but it's a small 10+1 rd. 45 acp for C.C. http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=39&category=Pistol&toggle=tp&breadcrumbseries=CC1

That's what I carry, in a crossbreed holster. Great pistol, though the safety isn't ambidextrous. For summertime though, it IS a tad large for CC under a T-shirt, unless the shirt is larger and untucked. For the size, you can't beat it for 10+1 shots of 45 ACP.

Gonna second the P64, you beat me to it paulyski..

Picked one up last week for 200 shipped, replaced recoil and hammer springs, took it out and was absolutely amazed by it. Has a good amount of wear but that chrome lined barrel looks perfect! Didn't try shooting it with original springs because the replacements arrived before I went to the range but I love the thing now. My only complaint is the rear sights suck pretty badly. Very accurate and has a nice feel to it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...