http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,580959,00.html?test=latestnews

These are the athiests we all love to hate. :) Not content to walk around and be happy with their beliefs or lack thereof; they insist on intruding into everyone else's lives as well. If you don't like it, don't look. What a prick. Same deal as me tryijng to outlaw queer parades and earth day celebrations because I find them to ""extremely offensive" and part of the "cult" of Christianity new age religions.

+100%. Excuse my french, but these dickheads need to shut up and enjoy the show! Most people know that I don't follow any religion as a whole, just the practice of being the best man I can. Freedom of religion is a right we have in this country and every time one of these cry baby pussies gets a decoration taken down, etc. they are taking away the importance of what all those men and women died for to make this great nation what it is! I'm on board 1911, those people better protest fag parades and green celebrations too as they are 'offensive' to others as well.

• Like 2

I agree that this guy goes too far. I do believe in the "Seperation of Church and State" but this guy is way overboard. Which is why I consider Atheistism as problematic as I do Monotheism. Stars, "Angels", etc are not really religion specific and thus should be ok. But not to the hardcore Atheist. Also, this creates a backlash pushing those of us theist to greater reactionary moves until it all gets WAY out of hand. One more mark in favor of Civil War.

The guy needs to get a life and let others live.

Mikel

heres the problem - state and church are SEPERATE in this country. yes, our laws and systems are based with the belief of God in mind, but thats as far as it should go. I dont like the fact that what that means is all public works shouldtn be able to display ornamental dressings related to religeon, but thats what the same book that also protects our right to bear arms says.

....or would you be ok with the judge saying to you "thy heathen self is GUILTY in the eyes of the lord....GUILTY of your sins, GUILTY in the eyes of Jesus, and GUILTY in the eyes of the ever serving faithful people....you are hereby sentenced to a solitary jail cell until such a time as JESUS gives us word that your SOUL HAS BEEN SAVED". ??? all because you told the DA to go fuck his facist self right in front of the judge? (ill give you one guess who actually said that to the DA in court)

...???

I understand what you guys are complaining about, but, well....it is what it is. if it aint checked, it will be abused badly.....just like all power. yes, I just made a comparison to one of the TV evangelists being the judge in your town.....you wouldnt like that, would ya guys?

as for the gay pride crap and that other stuff? try hanging around where I come from and see how we handled that bullshit.

walk your talk, and dont look back....

Ever notice the side that attacks all traditional symbols are offended, yet are first to file suit, protest, or be destructive/violent if offended by those who disagree with them. Remember these are the same personalities of John Kerry and Pelosi. Now you have the same kind of traditional hating types in charge of our country. Willing to destroy all with conflicting views to thier agenda. :smoke:

That dude needs to get a life! The whole separation of Church and state was taken out of context and was deemed law in 1972. It is based on letter from a pastor in Mass to Jefferson or Madison I forget which. Expressing his disapproval of a State RUN Church. That they left in england. Christianity is all through Our constitution , the declaration, on our money. But here is the beauty of it all it allows for people to believe in nothing if they wish. all atheist should be glad where they live and get a life and leave the founding religion of this country alone. No one is asking them to believe in the birth of Christ. If they are offended tough get over it. Im offended that that are offended. and round and round we go. Im not asking for non Christians to come to Christ. Although it would be nice. You have your right to believe what you do and leave the rest alone. Just as we do the same. Enjoy Christmas even if it is the one time of year that all are more forgiving of one an other what ever there reason.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. People like this are the Jesse Jacksons of atheists. I'll say 'Merry Christmas' to anyone that says it to me, hell, I even buy Christmas presents.

I hate that this dude has such a raw pussy that anything pertaining to Christmas that he comes in contact with is 'terribly offensive.' Where does it say that one has a right to not offended in the Constitution?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. People like this are the Jesse Jacksons of atheists. I'll say 'Merry Christmas' to anyone that says it to me, hell, I even buy Christmas presents.

I hate that this dude has such a raw pussy that anything pertaining to Christmas that he comes in contact with is 'terribly offensive.' Where does it say that one has a right to not offended in the Constitution?

+1 I'm a true, hardcore, Atheist and I really don't care what anyone puts up. Whatever floats your boat is not for me to moment on. Not all of us atheists are like that.

• Like 1

That dude needs to get a life! The whole separation of Church and state was taken out of context and was deemed law in 1972. It is based on letter from a pastor in Mass to Jefferson or Madison I forget which. Expressing his disapproval of a State RUN Church. That they left in england. Christianity is all through Our constitution , the declaration, on our money. But here is the beauty of it all it allows for people to believe in nothing if they wish. all atheist should be glad where they live and get a life and leave the founding religion of this country alone. No one is asking them to believe in the birth of Christ. If they are offended tough get over it. Im offended that that are offended. and round and round we go. Im not asking for non Christians to come to Christ. Although it would be nice. You have your right to believe what you do and leave the rest alone. Just as we do the same. Enjoy Christmas even if it is the one time of year that all are more forgiving of one an other what ever there reason.

TacSat(not all of this is directed at you),

You're right, and the historical signifcance of that should not be altered(ie no redoing documents, monuments, buildings, etc). But I do believe that the Establishment Clause is there for a reason. Overused/abused yes, but needed. And ask youself WHY Christianity permeates our history, could it be that nothing else was allowed to exist until relatively recently.

I find it funny that those who push so hard for Originality of the Costitution, also tend to be those that scream the loudest when someone suggest we remove "In God We Trust" from our money and "under God" from the Pledge, yet NEITHER were there to begin with. What was that about ORIGINALITY?

Truth is this country was founded by Christians but not entirely so and not to the exclusion of all else. It would be nice if everyone shared the same beliefs, but we don't and it's not a requirement. The problem is that some would change that if they could. In this case it's the Atheist mentioned in the OP, in the past it's been various Christians(hence the money and pledge changes) and I'm sure the list goes on. We need to quite quibbleing about stupid shit and let everyone live there lives. It seems like most of those making a big deal of the whole "Keep Christ in Christmas" are either trying to force their disbeleif on others or trying to force their belief on others. Why not just be happy letting everyone say there bit, what ever it is and say yours in return? I tend to find that more sincere.

Joyful Yuletide to one and all,

Mikel

As an atheist myself I apologise. "He was acting stupidly". That being said I have a Christmas tree in my living room now..with an angel on top... :eek:. I'm not going out of my way to be a Bah Hum Bug asshole. Whatever makes the kids and girlfriend happy. Religon doesn't offend me, it just isn't my thing.

Happy Holidays...Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanza, Solstice, etc.

Yeah, really. People have different cultures and traditions. Sometimes, they do goofy things like set up Christams trees or light candles. It's harmless. Just a freaking holiday.... you know, when people are trying to be happy?

Save the intolerance for when people do BAD things in the name of religion, mmmmkay?

yeah, the guy went way to far; but why am I not suprised he is from Cali. Im not a christian, but if people wanna celebrate a holiday of compassion, what the heck is wrong with that? This guy needs to grow up. He is one of the many that makes california look so bad. All the stupid crap I hear out of cali residents makes it the only state in America I do not wish to visit, ever. We are not religious, but have a tree, presents, and lights. Its about seeing family and friends. I say merry christmas to the christians (and anyone else i think would like to hear it). Just don't be offended if you say God Bless You, and I reply, No thank you. I feel its the time of year when most christians live up to their own standards. So many forget what their religion is about 11 months of the year. I say this because I have read the majority of the Bible (and several other religious text), something I have found many christians have not done. I dont think monuments, buildings, and pre-existing documents should be altered; however, all new documents (including money) should have no reference. There are to many religions in this country to cater to just one. I also do not feel I should be required to live to the standards of christian morality. I do not feel that gluttony, sloth, pride, envy, or sex outside of marriage are sinful or evil in any way. just unhealthy. i don't have a turn the cheek mentality. murderers should be executed, always. rapists should be castrated, always. thieves should be behanded, always.

and to all whom are not easily offended and those that are christian, Merry Christmas. Enjoy the holidays! And to all who kill in the name of religion, your own God will have a special place of damnation for you, no matter what people on this planet tell you.

• Like 1

There are no true Atheists.

They are all agnostics.

If God appeared before them, they would believe.

When the time comes & the Lord MAKES HIS PRESENCE KNOWN there will be no mistaking him.

Then people will either be for, or against him.

But then it may very well be to late.

There are no true Atheists.

They are all agnostics.

If God appeared before them, they would believe.

When the time comes & the Lord MAKES HIS PRESENCE KNOWN there will be no mistaking him.

Then people will either be for, or against him.

But then it may very well be to late.

Some people already have trouble mistaking burnt tortillas and fogged up windows for God. Those people tend not to be atheists.

We're here. The universe exists. That's proof enough for me.

All the old timers here know I'm an atheist, but I don't shove it down anyone's throat as that is my main complaint about the bible thumpers that boycott stores that don't say merry christmas, etc.

I have never started a thread about my beliefs or lack thereof, or made a point of pointing out every single example of an asshat christan I can find. Its points out our differences instead of our similarities and I feel serves no good purpose. It's a gun forum after all.

But hey, it's America. I can read it, or not, and comment, or not.

It goes both ways, there are bad examples on both sides of the issue.

Edited by Paladin

heres the problem - state and church are SEPERATE in this country. yes, our laws and systems are based with the belief of God in mind, but thats as far as it should go. I dont like the fact that what that means is all public works shouldtn be able to display ornamental dressings related to religeon, but thats what the same book that also protects our right to bear arms says.

....or would you be ok with the judge saying to you "thy heathen self is GUILTY in the eyes of the lord....GUILTY of your sins, GUILTY in the eyes of Jesus, and GUILTY in the eyes of the ever serving faithful people....you are hereby sentenced to a solitary jail cell until such a time as JESUS gives us word that your SOUL HAS BEEN SAVED". ??? all because you told the DA to go fuck his facist self right in front of the judge? (ill give you one guess who actually said that to the DA in court)

...???

I understand what you guys are complaining about, but, well....it is what it is. if it aint checked, it will be abused badly.....just like all power. yes, I just made a comparison to one of the TV evangelists being the judge in your town.....you wouldnt like that, would ya guys?

as for the gay pride crap and that other stuff? try hanging around where I come from and see how we handled that bullshit.

walk your talk, and dont look back....

+1000

There are so many hypocrites on here. Its pretty much cut and dry - separation of church and state. There are no gray areas. How does this relate to the 2nd amendment? I've heard the argument so many times before from folks that say that ANY restriction of guns go against their rights. No guns in bars, no guns in court houses, etc. You give the law makers an inch, they will take a foot. Its the same thing with separation of church and state - its one of the principles this country was founded on. If you don't believe me, go read your history books.

Christmas, whatever its roots and religious history, is still an observed AMERICAN holiday.

Christian or not if you are AMERICAN your country observes Christmas. Now what it means to you is up to your own interpretations.

As an atheist I view Christmas as a holiday to remember that which is most important to you. More important than any god, country, political view, video game, etc, is MY FAMILY.

Does that mean I will disrespect and mock those who observe Christmas for religious purposes?? Hell no. For to do that would be hypocrisy to the extreme.