Promag 12 Round Drum

I am really curious to see how these promag 12 round mini drum will work..I have access through one of my dealers to get them for $69bucks a piece..I will order one and report back to this forum if it goes well...So far i have had great luck with the 10round promag..hopefully i will have the same luck with there drum..

post-16872-12657760419835_thumb.jpg

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let me get something clear here. I don't think they will be worth a damn! I haven't yet tried one so can't say for sure. But what I do know is your position on this subject is "Silly" to put it as

Sounds like this would have made a better PM....nice.   Well you're wrong Mike. You are taking things much too personal. I made an observation based on what has been written on these pages and that

It's no use. I'll get thrown under the bus for trying to defend myself against an attack that should have been a private conversation. If you hadn't quoted it I was on my here to just delete it. Thank

Posted Images

I just don't see how you can justify skimping, when for a few dollars more, you get a 20 round drum from a company that not only has a presence here, but a reputation for putting out a good product, as opposed to saving a few dollars, losing 8 rounds in capacity and supporting the efforts of a company that knowingly markets JUNK.

• Like 6

I am really curious to see how these promag 12 round mini drum will work..I have access through one of my dealers to get them for $69bucks a piece..I will order one and report back to this forum if it goes well...So far i have had great luck with the 10round promag..hopefully i will have the same luck with there drum..

post-16872-12657760419835_thumb.jpg

Looks good, except I don't like the look of the clear plastic cover. It looks like it snaps on instead of held with bolt or screws.

If it works well, might be a good option for a 60 dollarish price range. Any higher price, may as well get a MD 20.

Edited by HMRUBICON

I own a MD20 Drum..Its great..I should have waited two weeks more and i would have gotten that great deal that mike is giving away at 100 bucks a piece..But for 69bucks.i am curious..If it works just as good and it is made of the same materials as the MD20.. I think it would be a great buy.Only time will tell now when i recieve mine...I will do a video and post it on Youtube so everyone can see if it is a piece of shit or something of quality..Right now it is too early to judge something no one has any experience with..

Looks like you'll get what you pay for, the cover on that looks like it is made of toy plastic.

And even if these drums are complete garbage....we can thank them from bringing the $260 MD20 down to $100. I'd never spend $260 on mag, simply don't got that kinda money. $50 more and I could get another Saiga. But $100 drum? You bet.

As far as drum sizes go I like 12 a lot. Smaller and more nimble, and a lot less weight. Sure it's "only" 12 but I cannot think of any (realistic) application where 12 rounds of 12gauge is not enough firepower. Isn't Chaos making a 10 round drum? that'd be a great option too for a smaller drum, if it's in a realistic price range like these and the MD20.

Will this one be good? Who knows. Maybe, maybe not. And even if it's not run-over-by-a-car worthy, if it can reliably feed a dozen rounds into the gun for only $60 that's a good deal IMO.

Edited by Klassy Kalashnikov

After 2 complete piece of shit STICK MAGS, which are much simpler to make than drums, & a 3 month wait with around 10 phone calls before finally receiving my warranty replacement (that was just as much a pile of crap than the one I returned) I will never deal with that company again.

I do look forward to laughing at the people who waste their hard earned supporting a company that produces shit, knowing they're supporting a company that produces shit.

• Like 2

It looks like if you drop it while loaded you will end up with a bunch plastic shards scattered on the floor. I like the idea of a 12 round drum but this looks cheap. I'm going to have to see a whole lot of really good reviews before I would even consider it and I just don't see that happening.

• Like 1

You guys should really hold out for my double stacks. You will be able to get 2 of the double stacks for that price! They will work without the wondering. They will hold 3 inch as well as 2 3/4. They will still be a tight package. They will be more manageable, grabbing a stick is easier than grabbing a circle.... And more...

Good call on the promag cover. If you look it doesn't appear that the cover braces the body diameter like our drums. And don't expect them to use the same material as our drums. Let me point something out here. The material in your typical promag magazine is inferior to material used by other people. The material used by other people, that blows away your typical promag material, is inferior to our material... I don't see these promag drums taking much abuse, such as an occasional dropping by accident. I definitely don't see them standing up to being run over. We will see... I am almost betting it will pancake.

• Like 7

You guys should really hold out for my double stacks. You will be able to get 2 of the double stacks for that price! They will work without the wondering. They will hold 3 inch as well as 2 3/4. They will still be a tight package. They will be more manageable, grabbing a stick is easier than grabbing a circle.... And more...

I patiently await, but that sounds really good.

Your double stacks are the only mag I'm planning on buying for myself in the future. I even left a space in my new custom case to cut out for them in the future...

However, your drum on my S-12 impressed a couple guys so much, that they're all over me to build them a gun just like it.

It looks like a toy.

Those plastic 'ears' holding the cover on WILL break if you fool with them. We shall see as to quality.

That said, competition is a good thing as it keeps quality up and prices down.

I'll hold out for a MD Arms double stack if I want an intermediate count ammunition feeding device.

Edited by Etek

Good call on the promag cover. If you look it doesn't appear that the cover braces the body diameter like our drums. And don't expect them to use the same material as our drums. Let me point something out here. The material in your typical promag magazine is inferior to material used by other people. The material used by other people, that blows away your typical promag material, is inferior to our material... I don't see these promag drums taking much abuse, such as an occasional dropping by accident. I definitely don't see them standing up to being run over. We will see... I am almost betting it will pancake.

What is the ETA on those double stacks?

What is the ETA on those double stacks?

+1

Wow I wonder if I can cork and fork that drum to work j/k after 1 year and 2 months of complaints to promag I finaly got rid of the 5 stick mags I had after they replaced them over 3 times and swaped parts threw the mail and they still did not work and promag refunded my money I doubt I will buy one to use but for a thrill would make good target practice

+1 for this. You guys are going to love Mike's double stack mag. It'll definitely be worth the wait and, like he mentioned, with his new mags you get 1) more versatility in ammo choice, 2) much much better quality / dependability, 3) easier storage / transportability, and 4) twice the number of product for the price.

Go put the cash you were going to waste on one of these ProMags in a sock, and wait for the superior product to come out. You will not be dissapointed.

Zach

Kross

I wonder if the new Promag drum will work better than the Promag drum I bought for my Ruger 10/22. The 10/22 drum never did work,I could not load it. The drum went back to Promag. Eight months later (I had given up ever seeing it again), I got the drum back from Promag. The 10/22 drum still did not work - what a peice of junk. The 10/22 drum just sits on the shelf collecting dust. Promag is on my 'no buy' list.

The guys at Promag are not deaf. They have heard all the talk... and all the anti promag hype. I'm sure they didn't just go into this blindly and put out a Tonka quality drum, knowing full well their product would have to run the gauntlet on this forum, just like the 10 rd stick they are still having problems with. More importantly even, they surely were familiar with the interweb battles between MD Arms and "that other company", and all the mudslinging, prejudices, torture testing, videos, endless comparison posting, and all else that has gone on between the only two drums so far available for the S-12. They had to know the friggin wall they were up against, before ever taking on the idea of a drum mag for this gun. I applaud them for taking on that challenge and at least producing something. I will withhold all judgement until I have actually had one in my hands and tried it. I'm looking forward to Chaos' new drum also. It will be interesting to see the differences. Sight unseen, I would bet Chaos' 10 rd drum will be higher quality, just like MD Arms is, but there's good reason for that...

All that said, at the very least, Promag jumping in the pool, whether they piss in it or make it better, has already brought on a great thing....the drums went from being overpriced toys, to something a lot more people can afford and will actually get to own now.

I also have one of their newer, improved .22 drums for the Ruger 10/22. It was a must try at least, for my Krinker Plinker. From the horror stories I heard about it's predecessor, I was hesitant to even try it. It does work, but I have had some jams with some ammo. This seems to be a common thing though with any after market mags for the 10/22.

Post edited to remove my positive comment about doublestacks. This thread is not about stick mags, it's about drums.

Edited by Cobra 76 two
  • Like 3