:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattle911/archives/195667.asp

U.S. Customs and Border Protection said Wednesday that its officers have seized a shipment of what it describes as 30 machine guns (M-4 automatic rifles) shipped from Taiwan.

The guns were fashioned to shoot plastic balls but could have easily become real weapons, the feds said.

Picture

gun.jpg

The shipment arrived on Oct. 20 at Tacoma and has been investigated since. The guns were seized Feb. 8.

The shipment was described as toys and parts and valued at $10,000.

Officers examined it and found the rifles. They were the same size, weight and look of M-4 rifles. There were no serial numbers that a real gun would have but neither were there orange-blaze tips, which are required for all imported toy guns.

Investigation by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosive showed that the guns had been tooled to shoot plastic balls. However, parts could be switched out quickly to allow them to fire live ammunition.

ATF lab results indicated the rifle to be a WE-Tech, Model AWSS M4CQBR, Airsoft M-4 copy.

The guns will be destroyed.

I was at one point I was realty in to airsoft. Then I found real guns. I owned one of those guns, they are the best fake gun you can buy.

But, there is no way in hell it could ever be fashioned to fire live rounds.

I think you'd have better luck with real guns and some orange spry paint.

And on a note, orange tips are only needed if you are a first hand dealer.

maybe they should stick to toys, and leave the machine gun manufacturing to the people I walk with...

I know, Im just the saleman for one of them and all....

but, yeh, Im being a dick.

ya know what, this inspires me to make a new thread.....

This one is truly baffling. If one can convert an Airgun specifically tooled to shoot plastic balls - presumably from some sort of hopper - into an NFA firearm, what kind of trouble are we in if our 8 to 14 year olds figure out how to convert gum ball machines, and Pez dispensers into fully automatic weapons? Or how about those kiosks that serve up Jolly Ranchers and Gummi Worms by the pound in crowded movie theaters. Now THAT is a chilling thought!

After reading about this, I just don't how I'm going to sleep at night.... Am I going to have to look over my shoulder every time I walk past a soft serve ice cream dispenser, or Slurpee machine at the local 7/11?

This one is truly baffling. If one can convert an Airgun specifically tooled to shoot plastic balls - presumably from some sort of hopper - into an NFA firearm, what kind of trouble are we in if our 8 to 14 year olds figure out how to convert gum ball machines, and Pez dispensers into fully automatic weapons? Or how about those kiosks that serve up Jolly Ranchers and Gummi Worms by the pound in crowded movie theaters. Now THAT is a chilling thought!

After reading about this, I just don't how I'm going to sleep at night.... Am I going to have to look over my shoulder every time I walk past a soft serve ice cream dispenser, or Slurpee machine at the local 7/11?

A compressed gas Jolly Rancher gun would be sweet, and hurt like hell too! Think I'm gonna grab a pack and fab up an air line cannon tonight at work and see if I can break some 2x4's. Back to the story though, how do you think a toy would hold up to the chamber pressures of a 3300 ft/sec round? I'm thinking...BOOM!

Wow that is really funny and sad at the same time. I am getting pretty sick of the walls they keep putting up around the second amendmant though. A restrictive goverment is a scared goverment if it was so just and fair what would they have to be afraid of.

This is fucking stupid. But really, all you would need is a barrel, a full auto BCG, a full auto trigger group, probably a gas tube, a different upper receiver, and the balls to try to shoot it.

Much easier to start with a real AR IMO.

The lower too. Those lowers are paper thin as they hold a gearbox and motor. You'd need an upper receiver group, and a lower receiver group. All you'd need to make one of these airsoft guns into an illegal machinegun would be to put this gun on a table, take it off the table, and put an already made illegal machinegun on the table. It's practically a 15 second job.

I feel safe knowing these toys are off the street and out of the hands of the 10 year old boys that would be having fun with them.

• Like 1

Just think about it... Really think about it...

If they can call these illegal machine guns and/or easily convertible to a illegal machine gun.

Then what the fuck, every privately owned AR in the US is even more so, and the owners in serious jeopardy.

This is fucking stupid. But really, all you would need is a barrel, a full auto BCG, a full auto trigger group, probably a gas tube, a different upper receiver, and the balls to try to shoot it.

Much easier to start with a real AR IMO.

The lower too. Those lowers are paper thin as they hold a gearbox and motor. You'd need an upper receiver group, and a lower receiver group. All you'd need to make one of these airsoft guns into an illegal machinegun would be to put this gun on a table, take it off the table, and put an already made illegal machinegun on the table. It's practically a 15 second job.

I feel safe knowing these toys are off the street and out of the hands of the 10 year old boys that would be having fun with them.

:D +1