It was a stolen gun, not a legal one, and he only had one shot because the recoil caused the idiot to bump the mag release, or the weapon was resting on the doorsill/window because he was trying to operate it one handed. (I'm guessing the scenario given the dropped mag at the point the shot was fired.)

I just hate to hear "Saiga shotgun" and "Banana mag" associated with the crime.

They should have given him attempted 1st degree murder... as that is unquestionably what it was. But this tool will be back out on the streets in a short time to try this again. That's the REAL scary part of the story. A lax court system that releases violent criminals after softening their sentences.

IMHO

• Like 3

Truly deplorable. Thank heavens the manager came away with only minor injuries.

I was going to quip about it being fortunate that a banana mag was used (bananas typically being less than lethal), but considering that an innocent person was injured - that would have been inappropriate.

What is fortunate is that the criminal was clearly unfamiliar with operation of an S12. The outcome could have been much worse.

• Like 1

It was a stolen gun, not a legal one, and he only had one shot because the recoil caused the idiot to bump the mag release, or the weapon was resting on the doorsill/window because he was trying to operate it one handed. (I'm guessing the scenario given the dropped mag at the point the shot was fired.)

I just hate to hear "Saiga shotgun" and "Banana mag" associated with the crime.

They should have given him attempted 1st degree murder... as that is unquestionably what it was. But this tool will be back out on the streets in a short time to try this again. That's the REAL scary part of the story. A lax court system that releases violent criminals after softening their sentences.

IMHO

Not exactly, his buddy reported it stolen and then the police came down on him and the buddy gave up the shooter. Was not stolen, was "Borrowed".

Reading is Fuuuuuuuun-damental

I don't see this as a big tarnish on the Saiga name. The gun did exactly as it was supposed to do, the dumb-ass didn't. The dumb-ass is going to jail, the gun isn't. It's unfortunate but it is inevitable that every type weapon will be used inappropriately.

• Like 2

Low standards to say "he's a dedicated and loving father figure who tried to help others whenever he could - even if it meant breaking the law." ... it is evident the pattern continues.

He's actually a young, irresponsible, unemployed father of two under the age of one, who should find another profession besides creating babies and stealing to get co-criminals out of jail. How about honest work? Maybe he's worried some thug will pull a shotgun on him and pull the trigger if he doesn't obey?

Eventually, all hard working people will pack up and move, like the owners of the donut shop. Leaving the punks born with the entitlement gene, to create and live in their own hell.

The punishment should be longer, but the judge gave him a "chance"... a simple word for putting good people at risk. Unless we stand for what's right, evil will continue to flourish and good people will continue to pay the price.

This comment from the article is right on IMO

I recently moved from Newport News, VA (AKA Bad News) which happens to be the home town of Michael Vick who made the news AGAIN because of this same crap. I now happily live in a little town just East of nowhere that boarders nothing but woods and farms. If you live in the city, good luck. I could only imagine what kind of zoo my former city would turn into if things went South.

It really doesn't matter what weapon the scumbag used, could have been a baseball bat. This country is moving in a really poor direction and I think it's going to worse before it gets better.

As for the sentence, 20 years with 12 suspended, eligible for parole in 4. WTF! I realize that I'm being an armchair quarterback when I say this, but 4 years?!!! It's attempted murder for fucks sake!

• Like 2

Hopefully the News won't pursue this story to the national level while showing a drummed up S-17 & try to get th things banned forever like the Stryker-12.

The guy's an idiot doing a holdup with an S-12 through a window.

I wonder if the owner of the firearm is a forum member?

I wonder if it was converted... I doubt it, if the mag release was hit since there's a lot more room for something to get in there when it's not converted.

Or maybe the perp had a first gen AGP or Surefire & the front tab broke off when he lost balance when the window started to close?...

Yet 1 more reason to run Russian 8s. :up:

But now another side of me kicks in... I wonder what the perp's socioeconomic situation is like? What caused his girl to steal in the first place? What was the trigger?

Are they just douchebags?

Is their area hit by the mass export of jobs to china?

ect... ect..

Hopefully the News won't pursue this story to the national level while showing a drummed up S-17 & try to get th things banned forever like the Stryker-12.

I wonder if it was converted... I doubt it, if the mag release was hit since there's a lot more room for something to get in there when it's not converted.

Or maybe the perp had a first gen AGP or Surefire & the front tab broke off when he lost balance when the window started to close?...

But now another side of me kicks in... I wonder what the perp's socioeconomic situation is like? What caused his girl to steal in the first place? What was the trigger?

ect... ect..

It was converted it failed after 1 shot :)

• Like 1

I can't really see them making a big deal about the type of weapon it was. It would be a whole nother story if the guy did a full 12ga mag dump into the window. All we would hear about is the type of weapon he used and how much damage can be inflicted in a matter of seconds. It would be interesting to see if it was a forum member who owned the S12, though.

Truly deplorable. Thank heavens the manager came away with only minor injuries.

I was going to quip about it being fortunate that a banana mag was used (bananas typically being less than lethal), but considering that in innocent person was injured - that would have been inappropriate.

What is fortunate is that the criminal was clearly unfamiliar with operation of an S12. The outcome could have been much worse.

Sounds like time for a banana ban....

Not exactly, his buddy reported it stolen and then the police came down on him and the buddy gave up the shooter. Was not stolen, was "Borrowed".

"According to prosecutors, Williams stole a 12-gauge shotgun from a friend's closet early Dec. 11 and went out looking for a business to rob."

"The next day, however, Joseph Wormley of Severn called police to report the theft of the same type of shotgun.

Chase said detectives believed Wormley was lying and was somehow linked to the shooting. He eventually cracked and pointed police to Williams."

I keyed in on the first part.The owner may have simply had a good idea who was in his house and who knew where it was. It wouldn't really make sense to go to the cops if you were the guy who "lent" the attempted murder weapon.

• Like 2

ect... ect..

Irrelevant. Anyone that pulls the trigger on a completely honest working stranger should be sent to the firing squad. No "second chance". He's already proven his split second instinct. You can't reform that.

• Like 4

ect... ect..

:huh:

ect... ect..

I was just kidding guys dont wanna step on anybodys dicks.

I would LOVE to have a real saiga 12 like they come from the factory in Russia, pistol grip and all.

But I cant so I keep it like it came from the factory for America, and it works 110% with all kinds of ammo, high brass/low brass ect

and I have over 1000 rounds through it already, about 700 00 buck, 100 slugs and 200 rounds of birdshot. NOT ONE PROBLEM!

Id rather not bubba it up in my living room but thats just me. It works great, feels great and would serve me well in any scenario.

Edited by saigalupo

ect... ect..

I was just kidding guys dont wanna step on anybodys dicks.

I would LOVE to have a real saiga 12 like they come from the factory in Russia, pistol grip and all.

But I cant so I keep it like it came from the factory for America, and it works 110% with all kinds of ammo, high brass/low brass ect

and I have over 1000 rounds through it already, about 700 00 buck, 100 slugs and 200 rounds of birdshot. NOT ONE PROBLEM!

Id rather not bubba it up in my living room but thats just me. It works great, feels great and would serve me well in any scenario.

You are a lucky man. None of mine worked worth a shit with the ammo I wanted to blast. It took a lot of work and sore hands to get them right.

No offense taken. It was a joke anyways.... I just left room for speculation as to what I may have meant. All in good fun....

First time I head this story and live a few towns over. At least they didn't say ak47 style shotgun. Saiga means nothing to the average Joe. Thank God the poor guy working the window wasn't killed.

My backyard too, and on my birthday! And WHAT is this 4 years crap, 40 years would be about right!

Glad the store owner was not hurt.

And this bad guy sounds like a real winner... I wonder what part of the whole plan sounded like a good idea...

Girl friend gets put in jail, oh crap I don't have any money for bail and I have never heard of a credit card or a bondsman.... I know I'll head over to my buddies and borrow his shotgun...

They need to lock this guy up for a long ass time.

And whats really sad is the store owner gives up on his dream after this and leaves. :cryss:

Hey, heres a great idea! Why doesn't someone call the press and point them to one of those stupid bump firing videos that some feel compelled to post on YouTube? Between that and some moron standing there babbling about how these videos are in some way "standing up for our rights" should go over BIG on the evening news! :rolleyes:

Edited by Azrial
  • Like 2

Hey, heres a great idea! Why doesn't someone call the press and point them to one of those stupid bump firing videos that some feel compelled to post on YouTube? Between that and some moron standing there babbling about how these videos are in some way "standing up for our rights" should go over BIG on the evening news! :rolleyes:

Well said. The general stupidity of some gun owners is almost astonishing. Sometimes I wonder if we are our own worst enemy.

Hell, I'm also surprised some news program hasn't made a segment about irresponsibility/immaturity from all the "hand a 90lb female that's never fired a gun before a 45-70 and have her fire it with the corner of the stock basically at her neck" videos they put up.

Folks,

This happened in Maryland/Peoples Republic of, which is why the sentence is so short.

4 years? Nope. He'll do 18 months max what with early Parole, 'Good Time', and the Md. Corrections social workers are a pushover for a sob story which will get him a further reduction in actual jail time.

He'll be out on the streets by Christmas.

Here only criminals get gun charges dropped but Joe Blow on his way back from a target shoot that forgets to unload his AR, AK or handgun gets 5 years Mandatory.

• Like 5

What's all this heartburn about Youtube videos? I don't see anybody hurting anybody else in those videos. Nobody that is anybody gives a rat's ass about people having fun with guns. And even if they did, FUCK 'EM. What are we supposed to do, hide in dark corners for fear somebody might think we (GASP) enjoy our guns? Show me any sport or hobby and I'll show you somebody doing something stupid in it. Guns are no different. The people that can't understand that are never going to "get it" anyway.

• Like 3

"According to prosecutors, Williams stole a 12-gauge shotgun from a friend's closet early Dec. 11 and went out looking for a business to rob."

"The next day, however, Joseph Wormley of Severn called police to report the theft of the same type of shotgun.

Chase said detectives believed Wormley was lying and was somehow linked to the shooting. He eventually cracked and pointed police to Williams."

I keyed in on the first part.The owner may have simply had a good idea who was in his house and who knew where it was. It wouldn't really make sense to go to the cops if you were the guy who "lent" the attempted murder weapon.

People call the police all the time to report things as "stolen" when they are used in a crime. Its almost funny how often police take runs to people's houses to report their car "stolen" and when the police get there the person reporting the car stolen is bleeding from the head and smells like a brewery and has airbag burns on his forearms. This guy let his friend borrow the gun and realized his friend was screwed so reported the gun "stolen" as to not go to jail as well.