Atlantic Firearms has 10 S-12's as of 7am March 16. $739

Dude, he'll never get it. He's a moron. He doesn't understand simple concepts, even when you show him the meaning of words straight from dictionary.com. He's one of those people who thinks he is of the utmost informed and has superior intelligence. His posts, however, prove otherwise. Waste of time to argue with him. If this place had an ignore feature, I would have had him on mine a long time ago.

But you feel compelled to follow me from thread to thread and rain your immense stupid.

We are obviously two different people. You are a negative Nancy with a shitty disposition. The sad thing is, you don't really understand why you're getting upsetting. Which is more than half your problem... I can't help that you don't understand the moral aspects that should be applied to business, insuring repeat/satisfied customers. It's also sad that you can't understand why doing business isn't always about how much you can charge someone for something that's not worth it. Furthermore, it's tragic that the need to maintain a reputation as a fair businessman escapes you. I on the other hand can understand and appreciate all aspects of this business. I understand that in a free market you can charge whatever you want. I understand the law of supply and demand. I also appreciate the time and risk these businesses take to bring us their products. But none of that means I have to agree with or respect a business that takes advantage of a market and it's customers by overcharging for a product. Whether the customer bought the product at their own free will or not doesn't justify the price. If the product is priced and sold for way more than it's worth the business is still "fucking" the customer. Because they are knowingly selling a product at a ridiculously inflated price to a customer who may or may not know it. In my opinion, it's a poor business practice.

I'm all about businesses making a profit. But it's a sad state of affairs when the profits are being made at the risk of the company's integrity.

Again, this is my opinion. I'm not comparing the sale of an S-12 during a panic situation to selling water during a hurricane. I never said the current cost of an S-12 was price gouging or anything of the sorts. I simply stated my opinion. I would also suggest that POP or anyone else suffering with his disabilities refrain from reading my posts in the future. As it's been said, I don't have to buy it. You also don't have to read it.

GL HF

Edited by Bridis
  • Like 6
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a lurker and first time poster, I must say, mods like Juggernaut are not helpful, and have no business being mods. I feel he shows obvious favoritism. Look at what he did in this thread. He bann

I call them how I see them. Funny you don't chastise him for his namecalling. And funny how you overlook that fact that he is, factually wrong. In this case it's opinion, but he has been factually

No, you clearly stated how you THINK business works, and you're wrong.   DEAR STUPID, I WILL SAY THIS ONE MORE TIME, IT'S YOUR OPINION THAT PEOPLE ARE GETTING "SIGNIFICANTLY OVERCHARGED". Vendors

:wacko:$739? LOL!!!! I'll be sure to jump all over that during a momentary lapse of reason.

Looks like they might want to update their 'about us' section....

About Us

We at Atlantic Firearms, LLC are committed to supplying you with quality products at reasonable prices. Low overhead as well as minimal operating expenses enable us to offer the lowest possible prices for our goods and services. We are a federally licensed firearms dealer and distributor for several manufacturers. All transactions are in strict compliance with federal and state laws. All firearms must be shipped to you through a FFL dealer in your area for transfer to you as covered in the How To Buy section . We look forward to serving you and will do everything in our power to ensure a prompt, safe, pleasurable buying experience. If there is any way we may be of assistance, feel free to email us at sales@atlanticfirearms.com. OR FEEL FREE TO CONTACT OUR OFFICE 410 352 5183.If we are not in please leave a detailed message we will return your call.

Here is what it would cost me to buy a RRA Saiga 12 IZ-109 from Atlantic Firearms....

Subtotal $739.00

Discount -$0.00

Tax (0%) $0.00

Shipping $20.00

3% non-cash fee $22.77 (gotta love that "non-cash" fee :rolleyes: )

Total $781.77

I have a secret....

THANKS BUT NO THANKS. WAY TO GO ATLANTIC FIREARMS :up:

Edited by evlblkwpnz

Well the same thing applies to consumers as vendors as far as the price goes. Impulse buys can ruin you. I always let the dust settle before I buy . If it's not available after the dust settles, Oh well there is "always" something else out there that would fill the void. Just my thinking!

• Like 1

:wacko: $739? LOL!!!! I'll be sure to jump all over that during a momentary lapse of reason.

About Us

We at Atlantic Firearms, LLC are committed to supplying you with quality products at reasonable prices. Low overhead as well as minimal operating expenses enable us to offer the lowest possible prices for our goods and services. We are a federally licensed firearms dealer and distributor for several manufacturers. All transactions are in strict compliance with federal and state laws. All firearms must be shipped to you through a FFL dealer in your area for transfer to you as covered in the How To Buy section . We look forward to serving you and will do everything in our power to ensure a prompt, safe, pleasurable buying experience. If there is any way we may be of assistance, feel free to email us at sales@atlanticfirearms.com. OR FEEL FREE TO CONTACT OUR OFFICE 410 352 5183.If we are not in please leave a detailed message we will return your call.

Here is what it would cost me to buy a RRA Saiga 12 IZ-109 from Atlantic Firearms....

Subtotal $739.00

Discount -$0.00

Tax (0%) $0.00

Shipping $20.00

Total $781.77

I have a secret....

Herbert Hoover or one of his contemporaries said. "The business of the country is business." Still true to some degree.

Apparently some vendors didn't learn enough the hard way after Obama was elected. I bought my S12 after prices went down for $470. I would never consider paying more.

Every time I go anywhere and still see a 1400$ Stag AR because the idiot gouger couldn't unload it after the 'Obama rush' I have to laugh because I know exactly what happened.

This will be the case with the Saiga 12 as well. Stop paying retarded prices; things are only worth what people are willing to pay for them. Once the sheeple figure out this is just the panic du jour of the month and stop paying well over normal prices, this asshattery will stop.

I know some here simply think that the vendor is pricing these 'competitively' and is being a true capitalist by making what they can, when they can. Factor in the amount of people who quietly make a mental note of vendors that do this and put them on the black list, and this type of behavior almost never makes sense in the longterm. I just made my mental note.

I look forward to having a laugh at some of these vendors' expense in a while.

Edited by TheGerman
  • Like 1

As much as the "Just stop buying" advice would probably help prices come down...........there's zero chance of that actually happening on a large scale. The whole ATF thing scared people enough that they think they'll never be able to buy an S12 at some point. So they're going to buy at any price they can.

That being said, I personally won't pay that kind of money for a bone stock S12, and if prices never come down, then I guess I'll never buy another S12. I already have 1 and am about to pick up another one, used, for dirt cheap. That's enough for me.

Dude, he'll never get it. He's a moron. He doesn't understand simple concepts, even when you show him the meaning of words straight from dictionary.com. He's one of those people who thinks he is of the utmost informed and has superior intelligence. His posts, however, prove otherwise. Waste of time to argue with him. If this place had an ignore feature, I would have had him on mine a long time ago.

But you feel compelled to follow me from thread to thread and rain your immense stupid.

We are obviously two different people. You are a negative Nancy with a shitty disposition. The sad thing is, you don't really understand why you're getting upsetting. Which is more than half your problem... I can't help that you don't understand the moral aspects that should be applied to business, insuring repeat/satisfied customers. It's also sad that you can't understand why doing business isn't always about how much you can charge someone for something that's not worth it. Furthermore, it's tragic that the need to maintain a reputation as a fair businessman escapes you. I on the other hand can understand and appreciate all aspects of this business. I understand that in a free market you can charge whatever you want. I understand the law of supply and demand. I also appreciate the time and risk these businesses take to bring us their products. But none of that means I have to agree with or respect a business that takes advantage of a market and it's customers by overcharging for a product. Whether the customer bought the product at their own free will or not doesn't justify the price. If the product is priced and sold for way more than it's worth the business is still "fucking" the customer. Because they are knowingly selling a product at a ridiculously inflated price to a customer who may or may not know it. In my opinion, it's a poor business practice.

I'm all about businesses making a profit. But it's a sad state of affairs when the profits are being made at the risk of the company's integrity.

Again, this is my opinion. I'm not comparing the sale of an S-12 during a panic situation to selling water during a hurricane. I never said the current cost of an S-12 was price gouging or anything of the sorts. I simply stated my opinion. I would also suggest that POP or anyone else suffering with his disabilities refrain from reading my posts in the future. As it's been said, I don't have to buy it. You also don't have to read it.

GL HF

1. I'm not following you from thread to thread. What, once you go into a thread, I'm not allowed in it? It's called I see a thread of possible interest, and I see your post will all sorts of dumb attached to it.

2. My "immense stupid"? I post facts, logic, and common sense. In fact, I post direct definitions to you, the ignorant one, and you STILL claim you're right. You are the VERY DEFINITION of stupid.

3. A negative nancy? For what? Citing past rulings? For trying to educate your dumb ass on the meaning of words? For defending Capitalism? You sound like a liberal. You've had no valid argument, or even a come back for me so you just pull bullshit like this. And YES, we are different. Like I said, I'm not only an educated person who knows the facts, I can use critical thinking skills to tie said facts together with logic to make a coherent argument. You simply spout off with your opinion and never change it even when someone shows you how clearly wrong you are.

4. "It's also sad that you can't understand why doing business isn't always about how much you can charge someone for something that's not worth it." No, what YOU don't understand is YOUR opinion is just that, YOURS. There isn't a moral delima here. ONE MORE TIME FOR YOUR HARD HEADED ASS, no one is forcing anyone to buy. These aren't life saying items during a disaster. It's not even like they are charging a grand for these things. They are STILL charging LESS than the new "pump" shotgun from Kel-Tec. Again, you're another entitled douche. Just because you got the gun for a steal doesn't mean it's only worth what you paid. ME, ME, ME, ME, ME, ME. You realize you're not the only person in the world, right?

5. You state you understand why businesses need to make a profit, but you really don't. Have you every owned a business? Not ran a friends, not filled in for a while, PUT YOUR OWN MONEY ON THE LINE. I'm guessing no. You're just a blowhard talking out of his ass with a wildly ignorant opinion. They are NOT charging Highly inflated rates for these!!!!! A year ago they were $500. Now they are, in the face of mass shortages, selling for $799, and can be still had for cheaper if you look hard enough. And you think that is businessmen being immoral? You are batshit insane and completely ignorant. I see the liberal, anti-business drivel has infected way more people than I thought. Yes, if you state that the mega corporations are bleeding us dry then I'll agree with you. Not small business owners who aren't really raising prices that much in the face of mass shortages.

You claim I don't understand why I'm even getting upset. Oh, I understand perfectly fine why I get upset with people like you, who pretend to be selfless and cry about how "everyone" is getting raped by the big bag gun seller. Why YOU don't understand is you're just another selfish, self centered, entitled, IGNORANT, American. The only reason you and people like you are bashing these vendors is because you hoarders can't get your second, third, fourth Saiga for the rock bottom price you paid, probably, over a year ago when there was plenty of supply.

There is a very good reason the vast majority of small businesses fail within the first sixth months. It's because ignorant people like you open them and think they are in the know, when in reality, they don't know their ass from a hole in the ground and they lose everything, quick.

Say it until it sinks in to your selfish head: the people who are bashing the gun sellers because they can no longer get their precious goods for next to nothing are the selfish ones. Not the guys only charging a couple hundred dollars more for one of the best tactical weapons around which also happens to be in short supply.

Go ahead and say that I"m full of it and you're not a selfish, ignorant, a hole. It's more than obvious that you are. But hey, here is a way to prove me wrong and show what a stand up guy you are! Remember in teh ATF thread where you wanted to be mr. toughguy and wanted everyone to "put their Saiga where their mouth was"? Now it's time for you to lead by example. Sell all of your Saigas for the price YOU paid for them. You'll be introducing more product into a dry market which should help to lower prices, and you'll be helping someone out so they don't get "like totally screwed over by these high prices", and you'll show those greedy greedy gun sellers a lesson about ethics and morals.

How much did you pay again? I'll take one of your Saigas for the price you paid.

I can't wait to see what kind of gibberish you post to try and get out of this one.

Edited by PostsOnPercocet
  • Like 1

GL HF

1. I'm not following you from thread to thread. What, once you go into a thread, I'm not allowed in it? It's called I see a thread of possible interest, and I see your post will all sorts of dumb attached to it.

2. My "immense stupid"? I post facts, logic, and common sense. In fact, I post direct definitions to you, the ignorant one, and you STILL claim you're right. You are the VERY DEFINITION of stupid.

3. A negative nancy? For what? Citing past rulings? For trying to educate your dumb ass on the meaning of words? For defending Capitalism? You sound like a liberal. You've had no valid argument, or even a come back for me so you just pull bullshit like this. And YES, we are different. Like I said, I'm not only an educated person who knows the facts, I can use critical thinking skills to tie said facts together with logic to make a coherent argument. You simply spout off with your opinion and never change it even when someone shows you how clearly wrong you are.

4. "It's also sad that you can't understand why doing business isn't always about how much you can charge someone for something that's not worth it." No, what YOU don't understand is YOUR opinion is just that, YOURS. There isn't a moral delima here. ONE MORE TIME FOR YOUR HARD HEADED ASS, no one is forcing anyone to buy. These aren't life saying items during a disaster. It's not even like they are charging a grand for these things. They are STILL charging LESS than the new "pump" shotgun from Kel-Tec. Again, you're another entitled douche. Just because you got the gun for a steal doesn't mean it's only worth what you paid. ME, ME, ME, ME, ME, ME. You realize you're not the only person in the world, right?

5. You state you understand why businesses need to make a profit, but you really don't. Have you every owned a business? Not ran a friends, not filled in for a while, PUT YOUR OWN MONEY ON THE LINE. I'm guessing no. You're just a blowhard talking out of his ass with a wildly ignorant opinion. They are NOT charging Highly inflated rates for these!!!!! A year ago they were $500. Now they are, in the face of mass shortages, selling for $799, and can be still had for cheaper if you look hard enough. And you think that is businessmen being immoral? You are batshit insane and completely ignorant. I see the liberal, anti-business drivel has infected way more people than I thought. Yes, if you state that the mega corporations are bleeding us dry then I'll agree with you. Not small business owners who aren't really raising prices that much in the face of mass shortages.

You claim I don't understand why I'm even getting upset. Oh, I understand perfectly fine why I get upset with people like you, who pretend to be selfless and cry about how "everyone" is getting raped by the big bag gun seller. Why YOU don't understand is you're just another selfish, self centered, entitled, IGNORANT, American. The only reason you and people like you are bashing these vendors is because you hoarders can't get your second, third, fourth Saiga for the rock bottom price you paid, probably, over a year ago when there was plenty of supply.

There is a very good reason the vast majority of small businesses fail within the first sixth months. It's because ignorant people like you open them and think they are in the know, when in reality, they don't know their ass from a hole in the ground and they lose everything, quick.

Say it until it sinks in to your selfish head: the people who are bashing the gun sellers because they can no longer get their precious goods for next to nothing are the selfish ones. Not the guys only charging a couple hundred dollars more for one of the best tactical weapons around which also happens to be in short supply.

Go ahead and say that I"m full of it and you're not a selfish, ignorant, a hole. It's more than obvious that you are. But hey, here is a way to prove me wrong and show what a stand up guy you are! Remember in teh ATF thread where you wanted to be mr. toughguy and wanted everyone to "put their Saiga where their mouth was"? Now it's time for you to lead by example. Sell all of your Saigas for the price YOU paid for them. You'll be introducing more product into a dry market which should help to lower prices, and you'll be helping someone out so they don't get "like totally screwed over by these high prices", and you'll show those greedy greedy gun sellers a lesson about ethics and morals.

How much did you pay again? I'll take one of your Saigas for the price you paid.

I can't wait to see what kind of gibberish you post to try and get out of this one.

Damn dude....you REALLY oughta lay off the percs and coffee.... :rolleyes: How old are you anyway? Do you have another account here under a different name or something? You just joined here on Feb 11th. I've read all your posts and still haven't seen anything useful come out of you. Yet you act like you have earned some level of respect here, and seem bent on chastising other members if they don't see things the way you do. Give it a friggin break already. That's the very last thing this forum needs right now, while we are on a big turnaround with things like this....a self important ego maniac who likes to run around starting fires all over the place and judging / diagnosing everybody. :rolleyes:

Here...allow me to quote just part of one of your other recent posts (directed at another member here in a different sub forum).....and I'll change the last part to make a point....

"You're just another typical, self important, self entitled, ignorant American. I'm going to assume you're going to start bashing all of the vendors here that have raised prices on their items which have been out of stock due to high sales, right? .... other members, and vendors, who don't think, act, or write the same way you do."

Mellow out man.

• Like 7

well, I can t resist. this arguement is as American as they come.

Now, im not pointing any fingers, mind you. BUT - one of the basic things that makes this country, and the world tick is this -

supply and demand.

if you saturate the market, of course demand drops, and so does value.

if supply dries up, of course value increases, and with outside factors, demand will increase.

the russians probably are watching the pricing go sky high.

and GUESS WHAT.

this is something you learn in high school business class or your first year of college in economics, folks.

its what makes the world tick. businesses are in business to MAKE MONEY.

New Frontier Armory also has 6 in stock for $686 each. Looks like they're coming back in stock here and there but prices seem to all start at nearly $700 now. Glad I got mine from K-VAR for $489 before the prices went up. In my opinion, which is of little consequence, people need to stop being so hard on the shops who raised their prices here. The distributors are the ones who raised prices on them and they're merely trying to get some on the shelves for us. CSS, which is one of my favorites and who I also trust, said so themselves. Just the way things are unfortunately until this all settles out. If things somehow turn for the worst some of you will be kicking yourselfs for not picking one up at $700, much more so than the regret of possibly overpaying $200 if everything comes back down.

Edited by Jeep297

BLAH BLAH BLAH.. I' m a moron. :wacko:

Yes you are.

BTW, I only read a few lines until I discovered that you've chosen to again distort what I've said. It's clear you're a angry little troll that doesn't deserve another second of my time. Please do yourself a favor and stop straining that little muscle between your ears by reading my posts. You're clearly not capable of seeing past your narrow outlook.

In other words, fuck off to pestering some other member.

Thanks. :lolol:

Bridis, I highly advise never watching "Wall Street" for fear of you getting an aneurysm. Rain your immense stupid? Seriously thank you for your comments.

I clearly stated that I understand how business works. Did you not read that? Here's a simple question that I believe helps make the simple point I was trying to convey.

Would you feel good about a vendor that was selling something of limited quantity/type only to find out later that you were significantly overcharged?

This is a yes or no question.

I would imagine it wouldn't be difficult to make an S12 with a parts kit and a receiver plate (get the dimensions from an existing S12). The frome and rear trunnions shouldn't be to hard to duplicate. Consider the many AK''s made in small shops in the Third World that accept regular AK magazines and (most importantly) function. In this country, we have fairly easy access to the necessary tools to make our own, probably with better quality than the aforementioned AK's. I remember seeing in the not-too-distant past AK receiver plates with the holes already drilled. As nothing had been added or folded, these didn't require FFL attention. If I remember correctly, we can make semi-auto firearms for personal use legally.

GL HF

Damn dude....you REALLY oughta lay off the percs and coffee.... :rolleyes: How old are you anyway? Do you have another account here under a different name or something? You just joined here on Feb 11th. I've read all your posts and still haven't seen anything useful come out of you. Yet you act like you have earned some level of respect here, and seem bent on chastising other members if they don't see things the way you do. Give it a friggin break already. That's the very last thing this forum needs right now, while we are on a big turnaround with things like this....a self important ego maniac who likes to run around starting fires all over the place and judging / diagnosing everybody. :rolleyes:

Here...allow me to quote just part of one of your other recent posts (directed at another member here in a different sub forum).....and I'll change the last part to make a point....

"You're just another typical, self important, self entitled, ignorant American. I'm going to assume you're going to start bashing all of the vendors here that have raised prices on their items which have been out of stock due to high sales, right? .... other members, and vendors, who don't think, act, or write the same way you do."

Mellow out man.

I call them how I see them. Funny you don't chastise him for his namecalling. And funny how you overlook that fact that he is, factually wrong. In this case it's opinion, but he has been factually wrong before. Join date is irrelevant. I'm not going to sit here and let someone call ME stupid when, clearly, it's him who is stupid. the only self important people here, are the ones I pointed out. Dont like the high prices of Saigas? Don't buy one.

You can point out all of my posts if you'd like, they have been pointed at no one who didn't deserve to be called out. You can make the choice to mellow out when someone tries to call you stupid. I choose to cite fact and logic.

• Like 1

Bridis, I highly advise never watching "Wall Street" for fear of you getting an aneurysm. Rain your immense stupid? Seriously thank you for your comments.

I clearly stated that I understand how business works. Did you not read that? Here's a simple question that I believe helps make the simple point I was trying to convey.

Would you feel good about a vendor that was selling something of limited quantity/type only to find out later that you were significantly overcharged?

This is a yes or no question.

No, you clearly stated how you THINK business works, and you're wrong.

DEAR STUPID, I WILL SAY THIS ONE MORE TIME, IT'S YOUR OPINION THAT PEOPLE ARE GETTING "SIGNIFICANTLY OVERCHARGED". Vendors are NOT overcharging for these. No one is being forced to buy these so they wouldn't feel bad because they wouldn't buy if they thought the price is to high. Seriously, do you even think?

• Like 2

Yes you are.

BTW, I only read a few lines until I discovered that you've chosen to again distort what I've said. It's clear you're a angry little troll that doesn't deserve another second of my time. Please do yourself a favor and stop straining that little muscle between your ears by reading my posts. You're clearly not capable of seeing past your narrow outlook.

hahahahha. You are a big blowhard, and I proved it.

Like I said, where is your big talk now about putting your Saiga where your mouth is? If you feel so strongly about this SELL YOUR SAIGA'S AT THE PRICE YOU PAID. Help some noobs out so they don't "feel bad" about getting ripped off from the big, bad, vendors.

• Like 1

Wow. I must have broke the noob. He's now PMing me shit. :lolol:

You totally ignored my post because you had NO answer to it. Your silence speaks volumes. I totally hit the nail on the head with you. You've never owned a business, you don't know SHIT about it, and you're a fucking hypocrite blow hard. I've met a lot of stupid people on forums (they tend to attract them because no one will put up with people like you in real life) but you are, by FAR, the dumbest idiot I've seen in a good long time. It's baffling to me that someone like you, who clearly has no grasp on the subjects you profess to know about, tries to post like you're some sort of seasoned veteran on the subject(s).

I'm being totally serious when I say this: people like you are the reason gun owners have a bad rap. I can just see you spouting off all sorts of ignorant, incorrect drivel trying to put firearms in good light and totally looking like a moron because you are. I can't imagine how many you've put off guns to simply because of your idiocy. I'm sure I'm not the first person to tell you this in life, but why don't you do everyone a favor and shut your mouth if you don't know what you're talking about. Which, I suspect, is most of the time.

Hey POP, I've stopped reading you're inane BS. Just a FYI.

• Like 3

Yes you are.

hahahahha. You are a big blowhard, and I proved it.

Like I said, where is your big talk now about putting your Saiga where your mouth is? If you feel so strongly about this SELL YOUR SAIGA'S AT THE PRICE YOU PAID. Help some noobs out so they don't "feel bad" about getting ripped off from the big, bad, vendors.

Yes, Yes.. I KNOW I'm an evil Mod abusing my power... But it DOES make my life easier with less douche bags around...

Mr.PostsOnPercocet, 30 days and we can try again...

It's not just this thread.. you were lookin' for it all over the forum... WELL.. here it is!

people who seek extra attention WILL find it!

:wacko:$739? LOL!!!! I'll be sure to jump all over that during a momentary lapse of reason.

About Us

Subtotal $739.00

Discount -$0.00

Tax (0%) $0.00

Shipping $20.00

Total $781.77

I have a secret....

Herbert Hoover or one of his contemporaries said. "The business of the country is business." Still true to some degree.

I'm all about making just plain stupid profit, but I am one tight bastard and there is no way I would pay that. I would sooner buy one from KVar with that partial importer birth abortion on the side of it.

I paid $794 for mine a month ago with taxes locally. If Kvar has them it would be $675 + $50 shipping and FFL. So was it worth $69 to have mine right now. Yes, yes it was.

Don't feel bad, before any of this a year or two ago I paid $830 for mine. I saw the S12 for the 1st time on deadliest warrior: Spetznaz vs. Green berets. Never knew semi auto shotguns existed until then, so I decided I had to have it. Then I joined this forum, learned how much they went for online and started kicking myself in the ass. But now i don't feel so bad :smoke:

I paid $794 for mine a month ago with taxes locally. If Kvar has them it would be $675 + $50 shipping and FFL. So was it worth $69 to have mine right now. Yes, yes it was.

Don't feel bad, before any of this a year or two ago I paid $830 for mine. I saw the S12 for the 1st time on deadliest warrior: Spetznaz vs. Green berets. Never knew semi auto shotguns existed until then, so I decided I had to have it. Then I joined this forum, learned how much they went for online and started kicking myself in the ass. But now i don't feel so bad :smoke:

OUCH!!!!

OUCH!!!!

Yeah, I don't deal with storefronts anymore. Only online. And did I mention in was unconverted :osama::sadam::cryss::ph34r:

Classic economics, its the very fact that they raised the price that you can still find one to buy if you want one today given the relatively low supply compared to this day in 2007. If someone set an artificial cap on the price of the item like they do on rents in NYC that becomes, in effect, the new price, and if it is not reflective of the true market price you will have a shortage proportional to the demand. Remember the long lines in the pictures from the Eastern Bloc countries at the height of the Cold War? They never had enough basic goods for everyone to have. There were freaking lines around the block for basic necessities such as bread and toilet paper! One small but important part of why this was is because they set a cap on the price of these items instead of letting the invisible hand of the free market work.

In summation, if they price it too low ,the retailer loses maximum profit capture through arbitrage i.e you the end consumer reselling the S12 you just bought for your own profit. If they set the price too high they're stuck paying taxes on inventory that is piling up.

• Like 3