100 Saiga 12s Lost in Memphis......

We had a shipment of 100 Saiga 12s that arrived in Memphis on 3/21. The freight company was suppose to contact us to schedule a delivery, but they did not. After we contacted them, they setup a delivery date for Monday (3/28), but they did not make it onto the truck for some unknown reason. On Wednesday (3/30), the driver said he could not get to our store because the Oxford Square does not allow semis (which is not true). On 4/1, the freight company was not able to deliver because the driver left early before his truck was fully loaded. We were told by one of the employees at the freight company that the driver was upset that he had to make the delivery to us, so he left early.

On 4/2, we called the freight company at 10 AM to make sure they were going to attempt to deliver the package to us. The manager told us the load was not loaded because they lost it and they were trying to locate it. I advised the manager that the load was firearms and we needed to contact ATF if they could not locate it. Right before we were about to close of business, the manager called us back to let us know that they had searched their yard, called all their deliveries during the last week, and the package was lost. The manager said there was no way they would ever locate the package and advised us to contact ATF.

The package was labeled as metal parts and wrapped in black plastic, so whoever received the shipment scheduled to come to us is probably in for a big surprise when they unwrapped them. Hopefully, they are able to locate them.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having ordered stuff from you guys in the past, you guys are plagued with shipping issues...   "postman took the shipment that contained your order to the wrong zip code hub" ....shipping took 3 we

The shipping manifest was packed in the box. Shipper has contacted ATF and we are suppose to be receiving a claim check. Would much rather be sending guns out to customers. We will post serial numbers

Yes. If you ordered and your card was charged, you will have the option to either receive a full refund or a Saiga 12 when we get our next shipment. If you want to wait until they are here and our cos

Posted Images

WOW!! That's crazy! I really hope they show up without having to get the ATF involved but if not I bet locating it goes way up on their priority list. Really sorry to hear that for you guys. You're one of the good retailers who has tried to keep the prices as low as possible. Hope you get them back ASAP.

Edited by Jeep297
  • Like 2

Egads, that is absolutely not cool. Something does sound a bit off about it. At the least, the shipping company needs a swift (legal) kick in the pants for losing such precious cargo. I Rrrreeeaaaallllllyyyyy hope those S-12's are found for you and don't end up in the hands of some less than desirable individuals. Best of luck! :cryss:

kind of sounds like something was fishy for a couple days there with all the exscuses. Somebody figured out what was on your pallet. Do you have records of serial numbers so people can be on lookout at gunshows?

Whether they were intentionally fishy or not its still inexcusable to waste that much time making a delivery, only attempting every other day doesn't look like they were really trying.

[tinfoilhat]The ATF stole them, to use in a string of violent crimes, to gain backing on an all out ban[/tinfoilhat]

J/K

In all reality, if stolen it won't take long to find out who. That is an big box of guns to go missing without any cameras or somebody seeing something.

• Like 1

The shipping manifest was packed in the box. Shipper has contacted ATF and we are suppose to be receiving a claim check. Would much rather be sending guns out to customers. We will post serial numbers once claim is resolved. We will also post freight company information, so you can avoid using them.

kind of sounds like something was fishy for a couple days there with all the exscuses. Somebody figured out what was on your pallet. Do you have records of serial numbers so people can be on lookout at gunshows?

• Like 7

Why were they labeled that way? With laws like they are I'm surprised the ATF doesn't red flag such large shipments to just track them. Looks like some street thugs will have these before long. All it takes is one dude with one holding up a liquor store to fan the anti-S12 flame.

Why were they labeled that way? With laws like they are I'm surprised the ATF doesn't red flag such large shipments to just track them. Looks like some street thugs will have these before long. All it takes is one dude with one holding up a liquor store to fan the anti-S12 flame.

The problem with that is that the street thug would have to get it to function first and be able to load the mag correctly. :lolol:

FedEx, UPS and the USPS shipping suggest that the packages are not labeled firearms on the outside to prevent shipping company employees from walking off with guns.

• Like 1

Yeah, sounds suspicious. UPS "lost" an AR on my dad. Gave him BS excuses for a LONG time. More than a month I think. He then contacted the ATF and some other agencies. All of a sudden the gun showed up......

FedEx, UPS and the USPS shipping suggest that the packages are not labeled firearms on the outside to prevent shipping company employees from walking off with guns.

If they do go out in the wild won't they be recognized by the serial numbers? Should be, right?

Beyond for the benefit of MAA and our community, I really hope they are located very quickly and not a single one falls into the wrong hands. The LAST thing we need right now is some dipshit or two committing a crime with one to gain more unwanted attention than we already have.

The batf would flag the numbers so a normal gunstore would be out but you could get rid of them at gun shows because of no check. I could see these being plotted on by a small transport company. I used to do logistics and even back then there was a setup where a guy at customs checked things in then told a group where it was going and on which truck. Sometimes the whole truck would go missing. That's why they say don't mark firearms on them

Edited by kindapointless

Tracking showed they arrived at Memphis hub then were loaded on truck for delivery then no updates and the pallets cannot be located.

Holy shit. I really can't believe there are no records or a chain of custody at this shipping company tracking every move that package made. Something was up from day one with all the BS they gave. I really hope everything works out for you and that the package is found.

Had a friend who had a shipping company misplace a fame he ordered for his dirt track car. Found it a month later in a trailer in the yard. :rolleyes:

Still is very unsettling to hear that 100 guns just "disappeared".

It is a nationwide carrier.

The batf would flag the numbers so a normal gunstore would be out but you could get rid of them at gun shows because of no check. I could see these being plotted on by a small transport company. I used to do logistics and even back then there was a setup where a guy at customs checked things in then told a group where it was going and on which truck. Sometimes the whole truck would go missing. That's why they say don't mark firearms on them

Wow we always had to account for everthing. Most also have satellite tracking on their rigs now. You should be able to see everywhere the truck was. Has atf kept you informed so far? All the edits for auto correction retardation

Edited by kindapointless