Ordered a ADCOR B.E.A.R.ELITE today actually (CDNN had a hell of a sale)-don't plan on hanging anything on it but some good sights :haha: Hopefully it lives up to the hype...

Edited by 6500rpm

Kalashnikovs, (especially quality ones like Saigas), are at least twice as slutty as the wettest AR on the planet. :smoke:

In this case, I consider "sluttiness" to be easy customization and reliable satisfaction! :D

Edited by post-apocalyptic

Ordered a ADCOR B.E.A.R.ELITE today actually (CDNN had a hell of a sale)-don't plan on hanging anything on it but some good sights :haha: Hopefully it lives up to the hype...

Hey, I was looking at that ad in the CDNN catalog myself. How much are they asking for those if you don't mind saying?

It dresses like a Barbie and takes multiple sizes through it hole.

Dunno about that. More like a nun. Will only put out in pristine conditions with "perfect" ammo. Immaculate conception comes to mind.

• Like 2

AK's are the true sluts. Ready for action any time, no need for a 'bath', or expen$ive presents. Just grab the old slut with rough hands and she will 'put out' EVERY time!

• Like 1

Dunno about that. More like a nun. Will only put out in pristine conditions with "perfect" ammo. Immaculate conception comes to mind.

That's funny but it just isn't true

• Like 1

+1. I can already see this thread turning into yet another "AR vs AK" thread. We need another one of those. It's been about 2 months or so.

+1. I can already see this thread turning into yet another "AR vs AK" thread. We need another one of those. It's been about 2 months or so.

I heard that the AK is better :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Since the AR was brought up, any recommendations for a decent entry level AR? Let's say, for $800 or less?

Depends on what you want.

You can get into a spikes tactical carbine for that much.

http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/st15-m4-le-carbine-p-387.html

ar15.com will provide a million answers, I personally have an A2 style colt. You want a chrome chamber and bore, and a chrome lined bolt carrier group. 800 bucks should give you plenty of room to select a nice rifle.

Since the AR was brought up, any recommendations for a decent entry level AR? Let's say, for $800 or less?

Depends on what you want.

You can get into a spikes tactical carbine for that much.

http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/st15-m4-le-carbine-p-387.html

ar15.com will provide a million answers, I personally have an A2 style colt. You want a chrome chamber and bore, and a chrome lined bolt carrier group. 800 bucks should give you plenty of room to select a nice rifle.

Thinking along the lines of this one:

Coleman/Tyler

Don't really want to spend a ton, will be used for plinking primarily. I have a 2 AK's, a FAL, and a S12 to handle serious social work...

Edited by Jpanzer

Plum crazy and CMMG have good reputations.

I'd prefer an M16 bolt carrier, and it doesn't mention if the carrier is chromed at all, but it seems like a decent rifle for the price.

Edited by t3mac21

Yeah, it was just a joke. Except maybe for the "pristine conditions" part. I know for a fact that they like to be kept clean and well lubed. I've also heard they don't like steel cased ammo but have seen several people here say they can run it through their ARs without any problems. I won't argue with them, but have heard other people claim otherwise. What do I know though, I feed my Saiga sluts nothing but brass anyway.

As to AR vs AK, I couldn't care less. Whatever anyone likes is fine by me. The only time I respond is when a snotty AR fanatic says something like "Saigas/AKs are just cheap junk." To which I reply, "True, but junk is supposed to be cheap, so it looks like you got shafted."

There's been a couple threads over on Arfcom with pics showing Plum Crazy lowers that blew apart. I'd consider using one on a .22 build, but nothing else (....and this is coming from a Glock fanboy :o ). YMMV

Yeah, it was just a joke. Except maybe for the "pristine conditions" part. I know for a fact that they like to be kept clean and well lubed.

Only garbage AR's need to be immaculate inside to run. A quality AR just needs to be well lubed.

Check out Pat Rogers' "Filthy 14". Something like 40K+ rounds (last I heard, but I'm sure it's higher now), minimal cleaning, no malfs, all original parts, and only lube reapplied as needed.

There's been a couple threads over on Arfcom with pics showing Plum Crazy lowers that blew apart. I'd consider using one on a .22 build, but nothing else (....and this is coming from a Glock fanboy :o ). YMMV

Yeah, read that thread... thats 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back! :rolleyes: The gist seemed to be the op installed out of spec parts, destroyed the plum crazy lower in the process, and then bitched when they sent him a replacement (free of charge) that he had to assemble himself!

OMG, that drama that goes on over on that board...

BTW, from what I've since read on the web the consensus on the Plum Crazy Lower still seems to be that its good to go for 5.56 and a significant saving on weight to boot... :devil:

Edited by Jpanzer

Yeah, read that thread... thats 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back! :rolleyes: The gist seemed to be the op installed out of spec parts, destroyed the plum crazy lower in the process, and then bitched when they sent him a replacement (free of charge) that he had to assemble himself!

OMG, that drama that goes on over on that board...

BTW, from what I've since read on the web the consensus on the Plum Crazy Lower still seems to be that its good to go for 5.56 and a significant saving on weight to boot... :devil:

Like I said, "YMMV".

Sorry about the links.

Palmetto state upper + del-ton lower = cheap, good quality, basic AR carbine.

Good quality AR's do not even have to be "wet" to run. This is a misconception by people that have no experience. Mine is lubed, but it's not soaking wet, and I haven't had a failure with it, most of the times the pictures of rifles you see on gun boards with oil oozing out of every crease and crevice are rifles that aren't even shot, just safe queens/wall hangers.

I like my AK's too, and I clean my AKs everytime I shoot, and I lube them.

I always clean after shooting no matter what, I'm not in a war zone, and I don't have any reason to abuse my firearms.

Edited by t3mac21

I think if I we're to get an AR i'd go for Robinson Arms XCR. Looks promising. Piston and lugs similar to AK, fal gas system, AR look and feel.

Look for a used DD. I had one and it was a nice rifle. Well built. Ran steel case ammo most of the time without ever cleaning or lubing it.

I think if I we're to get an AR i'd go for Robinson Arms XCR. Looks promising. Piston and lugs similar to AK, fal gas system, AR look and feel.

I just looked that up, they look like a cetme/ar mashup. kinda like it

Look for a used DD. I had one and it was a nice rifle. Well built. Ran steel case ammo most of the time without ever cleaning or lubing it.

Yeah the XCR is nice, but EXPEN$IVE! If I buy a AR it's gotta be a bargain!star-wars-smiley-008.gif

Yeah the XCR is nice, but EXPEN$IVE! If I buy a AR it's gotta be a bargain!star-wars-smiley-008.gif

Psssst...look at the palmetto state upper and a delton lower.