Thanks Juggs, just noticed that. I left it alone for obvious reasons. It'd be nice to see more demonstration/operation of the Saiga platform in particular. Bohound-I once saw post on another forum about a dude that wanted to use his Glock on sharks....under water. I love mall ninjas.

Frickin' sharks with frickin' lasers? I'd want to use my Glock too! :ph34r:

Can we get Gecko45 to join our forum? He could head up the tactics section. Hmmm... This could be "survey" worthy.

Edited by bohound
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I suspect some of us have had a few instances where we wanted to ask folks what their preffered method is for: Rapid mag reloads Tactical use of cover The best sling options for a particula

As the OP, I suppose it might help if I define what the original intention of this thread was. As you can see from my first post, I wasn't asking about a section that talks about how bad we think some

We can include useful Tactical info like: Peanut Butter and Jelly: A Tactical approach to sandwich making We will use 2 teams of 3, plus the lead man who goes in solo. Team 1 will approach the ki

We have a business member here that would probably be more then happy to share all of the things asked for here. He even made the only Saiga 12 fighting DVD that's on the market. His material is taken from all walks of life with a no bullshit approach. I have yet to take one of there courses (one of my goals for the summer) but I have taken a good look at much of there written and video material and it is the next level aimed at the civilian (instead of some guy trying to make you a mall ninja). Don't know if he (or mods) would want us posting in his sub-forum but it's a good question to ask.

http://forum.saiga-1...tional-usa-inc/

That particular group was telling other forum members how they would be flown to Columbia for a duel to the death, or ambushed locally, and was the source of the aforementioned Saiga video. It's on youtube for any who care. I understand he pays his ad fees, but somehow I think we can do better with an open forum and real professionals like Jack Travers, and some of the equipment suppliers here. It's a shame our "Tactics" source on the board has burned so many bridges, but we just have to live with it.

One of the guys who works with the Nutnfancy Project apparently builds S12s as a business. I wouldn't be surprised if he was a forum member. That might be a very good way to get ideas out and tested in outdoor, rolling-in-the-sand, run and gun fashion. I'll double check his name and see if I can find him here. That would be a great guy to flesh out ideas with.

As for the "Para-military" issue, the S12 is a 12gauge AK47 that was partially built in the garage. You really can't do much to make it MORE ugly to people outside of the gun culture. A tactics section might even help us work out good tricks to use it for hunting while staying legal.

You have a garage?

Are you talking about 3-gun practical skills, or self-defense tactical skills?

Since we already have a "Competitor's Corner" section, I was thinking the tactics section would be more for practical defense skills rather than using a racing gun. Of course, I'm open to whatever.

• 1 month later...

There is already SO MUCH ak47 tactics stuff on the net you have got to be talking about saiga 12 tactics.

but think about this, i mean what tactics, we are civilians so basically its home defense, here's the tactic, take the safety off, make sure its loaded, make sure your wife isn't behind the guy, start shooting, that's basically home defense.

now if we are talking about Ambush/patrol/house to house fighting military tactics i guess that's very complex but, what exactly are you guys going to be doing with that information? i don't think there are a lot of active military combat operators on this forum. so i'm assuming its " SHTF" tactics.

if so, will there be a Zombie fighting tactics sub forum? how about a sticky for "The Ultimate Handcrafted Tinfoil Hat: 100% Alien Proof" how about a sticky for proper fan cleaning?

all that aside though, yeah it would be cool, i voted yes

Edited by Joebanks
  • Like 1

As long as we don't become a bunch of stiff knowitall farts or cult of personality twerps. So far every AR forum is all Magpul Dynamics or Larry Vickers and every AK forum is Gabe Saurez or Sonny Puzikas and I would have no interest in it at that point.

• Like 2

Are you talking about 3-gun practical skills, or self-defense tactical skills?

Since we already have a "Competitor's Corner" section, I was thinking the tactics section would be more for practical defense skills rather than using a racing gun. Of course, I'm open to whatever.

FWIW They are one in the same for me right now. I'm in a 4 wk competition league where you must make effective use of cover, use your sling properly and in general act like the targets are shooting back. If you do not do these things you are deducted points so it's all a game to me anyway. :angel:

BTW, I voted yes.

• 4 weeks later...

I once saw post on another forum about a dude that wanted to use his Glock on sharks....under water.

And this is not possible?

]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a118/Z71Slayer01/Gun%20Stuff/1275.jpg[/img]

Look at the Mag..

5" long super-cavitating rounds. Russian designed, and very real. How effective they are outside of the water, where they are the only game in town, is something I would love to see tested. They have that AK variant, and a 4rnd pistol that shoots the same ammo.

• 1 month later...

My wife and I have spoken about about tactical situations in the house. Primarly shes in bed I'm out of town ( I work field service so thats offten) and she suspects an intruder. We decided best choice is to grab both hand guns outta the hot box, pock the PF9 and handle the Sig, grab the S410 bag hit the kids room. Close the door lock it, and wait kneeling on the floor with door lock. If the knob turns light it up with the 410. ( and no I don't want to get into all the "what if it's a cop coming in, or maybe me on a late night, or blah blah blah bitty blah, I call first and tell her when I'm there, If no call from me. Too bad for them)...Anything else I'm over looking?

and after all these replies... not decision?

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't want a general tactics section, except for the fact that it would unclutter other parts of the forum.

It would be nice to have tactics that are specific to saiga 12 and general shotgun use. A sticky with videos of manual of arms for saiga 12 would be useful, and how to videos for practice , and maybe a guide to setting up a range and drills that would hone skills.

• 3 weeks later...

There was a member here who used to post some ak rifle stuff that was really good and he responded to questions, he has a new assignment and has not done much lately but I hope to see him back soon...very good reality type info.

That was Krom a former Marine, now USCG IIRC. That's all good to have one perspective but as far as gear goes, numerous feedback on various equipment usually can generate a better evaluation than one dude with the limited equipment he has actually tested. A dedicated forum would be great to see what kind of gear and equipment works, is durable, etc based on user experience. Actual tactics on weapons employment are always evolving as are weapons and equipment used. Basic tactics are always public knowledge due to the Field Manuals available. I like to hear what people think of various pieces of Individual Equipment they try out though.

• Like 1

There was a member here who used to post some ak rifle stuff that was really good and he responded to questions, he has a new assignment and has not done much lately but I hope to see him back soon...very good reality type info.

That was Krom a former Marine, now USCG IIRC. That's all good to have one perspective but as far as gear goes, numerous feedback on various equipment usually can generate a better evaluation than one dude with the limited equipment he has actually tested. A dedicated forum would be great to see what kind of gear and equipment works, is durable, etc based on user experience. Actual tactics on weapons employment are always evolving as are weapons and equipment used. Basic tactics are always public knowledge due to the Field Manuals available. I like to hear what people think of various pieces of Individual Equipment they try out though.

Oh I was by no means saying 1 person alone..I was just saying I know he did a lot of cool stuff and I personally would love a gear and tactics section like I got an alice pack for my BOB but I have been looking at a nice kelty and it turns out a guy sells bulletproof packs how cool right...so I think having a place to go and ask would be neat...although we have other sections for weapons like rifles, shotguns and handguns, why not have a section for shooting drills, gear and showing things in practice vs on my table top...

Stick with the ALICE. They are durable and inexpensive to repair/replace parts. Out of all the fancy new rucks we tried when I was Active Duty, we reverted to they good old ALICE large. The MOLLE and SPEAR systems suck. The trusty ALICE is by far, the most comfortable to hump a load over long distances. I highly recommend a High Speed Gear Inc. "Allipad" for more comfort and extra storage space.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...