Ive had a CCW permit since I came back to the US almost 5 years ago. For my first year I carried a Sig P 226 .40 for about 30% of the time I was out of the house. After that I switched over to a Sig p220 and to .45 and carrying 100% of the time except when I go out drinking at a bar. Ive had that set up or over 3 years now and has worked out great. I figure if I can carry I should carry whenever possible. Ive gotten used to it and feel kinda naked when I dont have a pistol on me.

The other day I traded in my beloved Sig p220 for the very excellent HK 45c. Man what a sweet ass gun! It just melts in my hand and points very naturally for me, just a great shooter. The at first glace crappy IWB holster is actually a very good holster and Ive used it close to 4 years. It was a quick buy until I could find something better and it just stuck with me. Its a bianchi something or other. I like it cause its thin yet strong, has a large metal backing and a large strong metal clip. It stays close to the body, easy on and off , thumb break and I dont even need to use a belt if I dont want to. Ive been through alot of CCW holsters and this one stuck around. I am looking into getting a crossbreed IWB holster soon now that they are using metal clips. Ive heard good things about the them and mine is beat up and I need a good one.

I never open carry even though I think it shoud be allowed if the person desires even though I dont think its a good idea as a CCW holder.

post-27192-0-82645500-1305513137_thumb.jpg

post-27192-0-11561700-1305513181_thumb.jpg

Edited by GREYLUPO
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello   I would not open carry for fear of having my firearm stolen from me. Be kind of like wearing hundred dollar bills outside of your clothing.   As much as getting shot by an assailant's bul

That's my #2 reason not to OC.   It's rather entertaining when dealing with cops to hand them the CPL, drivers license, and then just watch the reaction. Some of my ghetto neighbors were going at it

As a peasant here in the occupied State of Marylandistan it is forbidden for me to carry anything! I am carefully crafting an escape plan!

Posted Images

I carry both IWB & OWB, IWB for concealed and OWB for open.

I concealed when at work and open pretty much everywhere else.

My EDC is my SA XD9 4" with a spare mag.

i probably only carry about 40%(i really should up that# as i feel like its almost of a duty to protect myself/family and innocent others in my surrounding)no holster for me.i carry a makarov and 1-2 spare mags.in the fall/winter it goes in the inside jacket pocket.in the spring/summer it goes in the right side cargo pocket of my shorts.it never realy feels uncomfortable or gets in the way,and its not noticable to others.easy to get to when you need it and stays in place when you dont.however i may look to a more convntional way to carry in the future as right now the method i use is kinda crude...but it works :ph34r:

It depends what I'm wearing. 90% of the time I have my XD45 Tactical, 10% my Bersa Thunder 380. The XD is just a bit too hard to cover sometimes. On very special occasions I have my PLR-16.

I was looking at the crossbreed supertuck IWB... but that pricetag doesn't look good right now.

My only issue with open carry is, if they can see you're armed, they can deal with you first.

It depends what I'm wearing. 90% of the time I have my XD45 Tactical, 10% my Bersa Thunder 380. The XD is just a bit too hard to cover sometimes. On very special occasions I have my PLR-16.

I was looking at the crossbreed supertuck IWB... but that pricetag doesn't look good right now.

My only issue with open carry is, if they can see you're armed, they can deal with you first.

Thats my issue with it too

I have both a XD .45 service size and a XD 9mm subcompact that I will carry, though not simultaneously. I use a DeSantis Tuck This 2 worn strong side for both of them. It's a pretty neat rig with adjustable cant and an integral magazine pouch (just a loop of elastic, actually). I don't use the magazine holder since I wear spares on my weak side in Triple-K pouches. I generally wear a T-shirt tucked behind the holster and an untucked shirt over top. The only time I actually use the tuckability feature of the holster is if I'm wearing a dress shirt.

Nice HK by the way!

Hello

Ruger SR9-C in a Crossbreed. Have a couple of Ruger LC9's that I'm gonna try as soon as Crossbreed comes out with the Micro-Tuck w/Crimson Trace model for them. (One for the wifey)

Like the SR9-C but I can see it getting kinda heavy in the summer. LC9 trigger sucks, but otherwise seems pretty well thought out. Hope the mag lock-out is as easy to remove as the SR9-C was.

Respectfully,

-guido

How do you people with the crossbreeds like them? Ive heard good things about it. I think Im going to get mine with the combat cut.

I use one for my G19 and G23, no combat cut. I needed that horsehide between me and the skateboard tape on the grip. (Kind of abrasive). It's a great holster IMO although I've only had it for a couple of months.

My work day weapon is a Llama .380(1911 style) that I've had for years, slipped into a modified multitool pouch on my belt with an extra mag and a mini 3' tape measure(initailly for effect but has proved useful).

I'm a "pouch" guy so everyone is used to seeing me with at least one or two pouches on my belt. Cell phone/etc pouch plus whatever. Only problem is occasionally trying to sit in small/narrow seating, lol.

When traveling or going out, I carry a Taurus PT-145 in a modified Molle Map pouch with an extra mag. Occasionally, If I'm feeling esp. paranoid about going somewhere, I'll wear my .380 in an ankle holster for backup.

Add to that the three or four knife blades(some in multitools) and the fact that I learned years ago that everything is either a weapon, a shield or a distraction, I usually feel only somewhat volnurable most of the time.

I agree w/ MT Predator. I like the leather b/n the gun and my skin. Once the leather breaks in (conforms to your build) they are very comfortable. You can set them up for carry at just about any location/angle. I don't tuck my shirts in very often but when I have they the Crossbreed doesn't print...and a Glock isn't the smallest/thinnest handgun out there. When I need another holster, I won't think twice. I really don't think you can go wrong with a Crossbreed.

I keep a S&W Bodyguard .380 in my front pocket in an uncle mikes pocket holster. For OWB carry i either use my Glock 20c or my M&P .40 in a Fobus paddle holster. I also keep a Level 3A vest with plates in the trunk just in case shit gets too sketchy... lol

I have my permit and CC a Glock30. Although I threaten to start carrying my Draco.(at least in the car) lol

In Michigan any rifle or shotgun shorter than is between 26 and 30 inches when its stock is collapsed or folded is considered a pistol. I wonder...

I both open carry and CCW. Ruger P-90, Bianchi minimal 105 Minimalist OWB. I nearly always wear a tucked-in tee shirt under an unbuttoned over shirt, so the P-90 is concealed nicely.

Just don't open carry in Philly. Cops apparently don't know it's legal with a permit and are absurdly hostile about it.

My link

I have my permit and CC a Glock30. Although I threaten to start carrying my Draco.(at least in the car) lol

In Michigan any rifle or shotgun shorter than is between 26 and 30 inches when its stock is collapsed or folded is considered a pistol. I wonder...

ccw doesnt mean you have to carry a pistol in my expieriance , i had a permit for several years when i lived in kc missouri side , they didnt care if you had a shotgun - rifle just as long as it was concealed , i have since returned to iowa , where in the past six months or so state officials have just went plumb crazy with ccw laws , this is all very recent legislation , now we do have open carry , you can also legally open carry youre s-12 in a bar while enjoying youre farvorite alcoholic beverage of youre choice , but if you blow over .08 its youre ass . also people applying for a ccw need only sit in thier chair retain the information long enougf to put it down on a test and thats it , no shooting test or qualification , no hands on weapon nothing , crazy isnt it ! you oughta see the crowd at the gun shows around here recently . the only plus side i can see when it comes to open carry is if youre reaching the top shelf in the grocery store and the nice liberal lady shoping next to you happens to catch a glimps of youre evil black gun , she can call whomever she likes to tell her to bad . as for me my first ccw pistol was a glock 26 in a fobus paddle holster , i carried it like that for years but only about 40% of the time . now i carry a little north american arms .22 mag . it slipps right into my pensil pocket on the side of my right leg . before you start laughing ...... I CARRY THIS PISTOL 100% EVERYDAY , EVERYWHERE AS SOON AS I WAKE RIGHT TILL I GO TO SLEEP !!! im lucky ive got a boss that carrys as well. my g26 is currenyly defending my nightstand drawer , and i have a g21 sf with a viridian x5L laser light combo in my truck .

• Like 1

I don't yet, but when I do, it will be either a G17 in an Israeli-made(Yay!) Fobus paddle, or a P-11 in.....well, my pocket? I don't have a holster for it yet.

For kicks, though, I want to carry my Judge in a cross-draw cowboy rig my Dad handmade.