BEST looking Saiga 12 Shotgun..

Looks like MagTech 12guage brass and a cast slug. Castalia

Loading dies are available from RCBS. Part# 99060.

Casting molds are available from Lyman. Part# 2654012

Loading Data is in the Lyman shotshell reloading manual

http://www.sportsman...a.aspx?a=518023

Oooh. Good info.

Although those look like some sort of copper jacketed slug. But that Magtech brass is a good start for sure.

I wonder if those loads are just for show? Any load that a Saiga would survive would have lots of empty case capacity, being crimped and protruding from the end like a traditional centerfire cartridge, rather than seated inside, with a wad etc. taking up case/shell volume. So I'm still not sure what's going on with that ammo in the picture.

Edit:

Ah ha... I see what was done. That's some sort of .729 full-bore 12ga slug, something like these: http://www.ballistic...ctinfo/7000005/

The brass cases were trimmed down to allow for a traditional cartridge look. Although this looks like a project where "you really need to know what you're doing" in terms of messing with full bore slugs in your Saiga's barrel. You screw something up, like your setback, or the powder measure, that won't be as forgiving as a run-of-the-mill .678 slug meant to ride inside a standard cup/wad type arrangement.

But damn... a skeletonized magazine to show off those rounds for "Vera ammo" a-la Firefly would be pretty cool.

I think you are correct about the copper jacketed slug.

Edited by Castalia
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For beauty, I say Saigatech's legion clone     And this one too;  

I like my own, lol.

This one here from SaigaTech gets my vote.

Posted Images

I'm with Shannon on this one... I like the "traditional" AK look... Brian did a fantastic job on mine..

The new CNC gas block is sexy as hell...

185501_1946029415368_1381519105_31635930_2744735_n.jpg

267385_1823092422020_1381519105_31524347_6295531_n.jpg

I really like the wood on this one and I like the traditional look as well. It just needs the cleaning rod mounted under it.

• Like 1

I'm not trying to be all up on someone's nuts here but I like EvlBlk's AK100 folder.

I like 'em simple, reliable, and functional and his DEFINITELY fits those three.

I DO like those SBS S-12s though...

I appreciate the comment. I know what you mean though. My intent was to make it look so simple that it may have came from the factory like that, yet it has subtle modifications and improvements here and there (18 1/16" barrel, bobbed handguard, no scope rail, etc.). It is part Cadillac as well. I made the safety stop from a piece of old Cadillac frame. That was my first AK100 conversion and I love that weapon. It has been very good to me, but many talk shit about my abilities and that weapon though they have never seen the weapon or my work in person. I would bet my life on that weapon running well enough to protect my family and I.

post-22401-0-89838800-1313552172_thumb.jpgpost-22401-0-50121600-1313552233_thumb.jpg

Saigatech's Krink 12 is still the top of the heap and R&R's SBS is a close second (that R&R gun is slick) IMO.

Edited by evlblkwpnz
  • 4 weeks later...