• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For beauty, I say Saigatech's legion clone     And this one too;  

I like my own, lol.

This one here from SaigaTech gets my vote.

Posted Images

theres been a lot of guns I've found influential.

BobAsh's SBS...

Thanks bro. I designed that one in my head after seeing hundreds of different configurations built.

Of course, guns are just like cars and women; everybody has different tastes and that's a good thing!

F1.jpg

• Like 1

DSCF3287.jpg

What is the ammo that's pictured with it? 028.gif

All brass hulled 12ga slugs of some sort, obviously, but any info would be welcome.

This look like a 12 Ga rifle ammo

Any info ?

Is it possible to make them from 12 Ga shotgun shells and shoot from a S-12 ?

Guns look great.

IcemanIceland

I know I'm biased, but Robert just built this gun for himself, 11 inch with all aluminum parts done in pewter and some points on the end of the handguard so you can breach with it or poke the guy in the eye when you run out of ammo!

Doug

post-22191-0-20344200-1312916711_thumb.jpg

OK, this one is #2 on my list of beautiful S12s. I'm kind of a traditional guy and that is why the Krink 12 makes me feel the warmest and fuzziest :wub:

theres been a lot of guns I've found influential.

BobAsh's SBS...

Thanks bro. I designed that one in my head after seeing hundreds of different configurations built.

Of course, guns are just like cars and women; everybody has different tastes and that's a good thing!

F1.jpg

A big PLUS ONE to that Bob.

Oh and another vote for my own... :angel:

post-1293-0-40725800-1313379737_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-84419500-1313380013_thumb.jpg

I'm with Shannon on this one... I like the "traditional" AK look... Brian did a fantastic job on mine..

The new CNC gas block is sexy as hell...

185501_1946029415368_1381519105_31635930_2744735_n.jpg

267385_1823092422020_1381519105_31524347_6295531_n.jpg

222193_10150183192023711_816833710_6778355_5299047_n.jpg

Me gun. :)

Pretty nice. You need a red dot, something done to the charging handle(unless your a lefty), the VFG moved back a bit(IMHO) and possibly a safety mod.

With your grip have you seen what Jack Travers has in the manner of a standard remington safety for the AR style grips?

Overall though nice ergonomics.

Looks great Drew! Brian's the man. His new front sights are also very nice. Those new CNC'd rear sight blocks are supposed to be much easier to install too from what he told me. Like the black Timbersmith set too.

:super:

Oh and I think I'm supposed to post a pic with each reply so evl don't get all mad and shit.... :lolol:

Here's a more basic one...

post-1293-0-97088800-1313382802_thumb.jpg post-1293-0-97766000-1313382888_thumb.jpg

This is one of the nicest I have ever seen. Just about as perfect as it gets. There are a lot of great S-12's posted on these forums though. I want those slugs too! I'm tempted to invest in the reloading equipment just to make those for myself.

post-15268-0-63257600-1313384880_thumb.jpg

Just for good measure, I'll throw mine in the mix.. cause I like my 2 tone setup.

post-15268-0-32312700-1313385584_thumb.jpg

I do have a great appreciation for the classic look though. Cobra's blonde is definitely one of the nicest. I would like for my next S-12 to look something like that.

post-15268-0-94068500-1313385715_thumb.jpg

theres been a lot of guns I've found influential.BobAsh's SBS...

Thanks bro. I designed that one in my head after seeing hundreds of different configurations built. Of course, guns are just like cars and women; everybody has different tastes and that's a good thing!

F1.jpg

I agree with that 100%. I think a nice gun project satisfies the same region of the brain as a car project. The difference for me is that I don't have the time, resources, tools, cash, or space to do work/restorations on cars. I can however, afford to drop a few hundred on a gun from time to time and invest a couple hours here and there on it.

• Like 1

Plenty of great looking S12s out there and nice products to bolt on them. The big question with all of them is, does the fucker run? I don't care if it has paint or not and if the furniture is made of dried dog turds as long as it will run right and stay together doing so.

Lol, that's good stuff right there!!!

Ideally, 14" barreled, Kvar forend, AK sight conversion, and regular kvar furniture.

I have rather simple tastes. Granted that by the end of the day when you built a gun to those specs, you'd have quite a penny in it.

Shame that arsenal doesn't do one like that already.

Edited by Tombs

Looks great Drew! Brian's the man. His new front sights are also very nice. Those new CNC'd rear sight blocks are supposed to be much easier to install too from what he told me. Like the black Timbersmith set too.

Oh and I think I'm supposed to post a pic with each reply so evl don't get all mad and shit.... :lolol:

post-1293-0-97088800-1313382802_thumb.jpg post-1293-0-97766000-1313382888_thumb.jpg

Wrong thread :lolol:

I like the blondy. I was hoping I could get you to post some all out Saiga 12 hoard pics in my "hoard" thread. I'm sure you have one hell of a mag collection too and you always seem to give a little peek of some of the rarer items that us newer guys have never seen.

Done yet? :angel:

Granted that by the end of the day when you built a gun to those specs, you'd have quite a penny in it.

I have over $2200 (the gun was only $519) in mine and it's just a basic conversion with Tapco T6 stock.

Of course, almost half of that is magazines, so that probably doesn't count :angel:

FTS

Edited by FL Thunder Stick

Wrong thread :lolol:

I like the blondy. I was hoping I could get you to post some all out Saiga 12 hoard pics in my "hoard" thread. I'm sure you have one hell of a mag collection too and you always seem to give a little peek of some of the rarer items that us newer guys have never seen.

Done yet? :angel:

Oh shit you're right...lol. That was the other new pic thread... :angel:

Man I don't think I have a wide angle lens big enough to post a pic like that Evl... :lolol:

Looks like MagTech 12guage brass and a cast slug. Castalia

Loading dies are available from RCBS. Part# 99060.

Casting molds are available from Lyman. Part# 2654012

Loading Data is in the Lyman shotshell reloading manual

http://www.sportsman...a.aspx?a=518023

Oooh. Good info.

Although those look like some sort of copper jacketed slug. But that Magtech brass is a good start for sure.

I wonder if those loads are just for show? Any load that a Saiga would survive would have lots of empty case capacity, being crimped and protruding from the end like a traditional centerfire cartridge, rather than seated inside, with a wad etc. taking up case/shell volume. So I'm still not sure what's going on with that ammo in the picture.

Edit:

Ah ha... I see what was done. That's some sort of .729 full-bore 12ga slug, something like these: http://www.ballisticproducts.com/Green-Slug-12ga-729-375gr-15_pk/productinfo/7000005/

The brass cases were trimmed down to allow for a traditional cartridge look. Although this looks like a project where "you really need to know what you're doing" in terms of messing with full bore slugs in your Saiga's barrel. You screw something up, like your setback, or the powder measure, that won't be as forgiving as a run-of-the-mill .678 slug meant to ride inside a standard cup/wad type arrangement.

But damn... a skeletonized magazine to show off those rounds for "Vera ammo" a-la Firefly would be pretty cool.

Edited by AJ Dual