The Patriot Act already IDs folks who move any large amounts of physical cash for any purchases or deposits into a banking institution. This is a new one here. Make sure you use your CC when you buy a hundred of those "dangerous" night flashlights then.

Why does the government care if I change the color of my Mohawk?

Accualy a joke... I have however radicly altered my apearance by eliminating the hawk and growing a six inch goatee...

Plus my GF makes terrible comments about illigal immigrants, thats always a strike against me.

Why does the government care if I change the color of my Mohawk?

Accualy a joke... I have however radicly altered my apearance by eliminating the hawk and growing a six inch goatee...

Plus my GF makes terrible comments about illigal immigrants, thats always a strike against me.

NB without a hawk?!? Say it ain't so, bro! :o

+1 on the goatee, though. I grew mine out pretty good for awhile a couple years ago. My girl hated it. I loved it. Go figure.

How much cash can you spend on waterproof matches ????? :lolol:

Better question is......how much money can you NOT spend on waterproof matches? :angel:

Make your own. :smoke: I do. Those gimmick matches are over rated.

I'll show my ignorance here.....how do you make your own waterproof matches?

Better question is......how much money can you NOT spend on waterproof matches? :angel:

Paraffin wax can be found in your local store where canning supplies are found. Melt a slab or two and dip self striking stick wooden matches to coat.

post-13534-0-27556600-1313412147_thumb.jpg

HowtoMakeWaterproofMatches.pdf

Yakdung

Edited by yakdung
  • Like 2

In regards to the Goatee thing... my buddy here at work grew one out a couple years ago now... It was long, and his GF ( who he LIVES WITH ) hated it SO MUCH... she PAID HIM $50.00 to cut it off!!!! And he did!!! HAHAHAHAHA :lol:

I would have kept growing one as soon as the last one was gone, for $50.00 to cut it off each time!!! HAHAHA!! :up:

:smoke:

Paraffin wax can be found in your local store where canning supplies are found. Melt a slab or two and dip self striking stick wooden matches to coat.

Yakdung

Stupid question: Do you dip just the heads, or the entire match? I'm thinking if you just dip the heads, that if you were to actually drop them in water, the stick would absorb enough water to seep up into the match head and destroy it, no?

Yakdung

Stupid question: Do you dip just the heads, or the entire match? I'm thinking if you just dip the heads, that if you were to actually drop them in water, the stick would absorb enough water to seep up into the match head and destroy it, no?

Paraffin wax is acting as a sealant. I do the whole match using strike anywhere matches. This is the method I use.

Have fun,

Yakdung

Edited by yakdung
  • Like 1

Think of all the poor waitresses and strippers who will be reported for using cash.

:lolol: Good one.

But seriously, one guy in the article makes a good point, FEMA does encourage people to "be ready," I've seen commercials on TV and heard them on the radio, but now the FBI is suspicious of people being prepared for an emergency. Definitely a double standard within the federal govt. Not that that's a surprise, really.

Yakdung

Paraffin wax is acting as a sealant. I do the whole match using strike anywhere matches. This is the method I use.

Have fun,

Yakdung

Cool, thanks for the link!

it's a BS email that's been going around

Are you absolutely certain?

Some weird shit happened to me last week....

I had withdrawn money from an ATM, but decided against the purchase I'd was going to make, so next time I was in the bank making my deposits, I had the bank change $300.00 worth of $20 dollar bills into 3 $100 dollar bills.

The woman asked for my ID & entered my driver's licence # into her computer.

When I asked why, she said "they just had to start doing it"...

I asked why & she said she couldn't say, but after a certain amount they had to card you.

WTF?

I had withdrawn money from an ATM, but decided against the purchase I'd was going to make, so next time I was in the bank making my deposits, I had the bank change $300.00 worth of $20 dollar bills into 3 $100 dollar bills.

I asked why & she said she couldn't say, but after a certain amount they had to card you.

WTF?

this is just a guess, but its possible they just want to make sure they know who you are in case you slip them counterfeit cash in exchange for legit bills

WTF?

this is just a guess, but its possible they just want to make sure they know who you are in case you slip them counterfeit cash in exchange for legit bills

Second possibility: Small bills, being converted into larger denominations being tracked as "Drug Transactions". I could also see the IRS wanting that kind of data to use when accusing someone of hiding income. If there is some voluntary cooperation with the requests of .gov agencies involved, you might never hear about it.

Third: The bank wants to make certain you have an account for all non-account transactions.

I just asked my wife who is a Bank Manager about that Pauly. It's for the counterfeit issue, not anything to do with the Patriot Act.

Thanks, still kind of creepy.

It was after a transaction at the branch I visit every couple of days to deposit the payments that everybody sends me so they know darn well who I am.

What sends up red-flags is they tell you flat out that they can't tell you why they're entering your Licence # into the computer.

They just say it's "to keep everybody safe" & when asked whether it's an internal policy or a government issued directive, she said government.