Parts count for saiga 12 has changed

My head hurts....lol. Has anyone ever been nicked for non-compliance? I doubt it.

Had a guy at the range ask me about my 30rnd mag in my 7.62 said it was'nt legal. Told him my gun was compliant and it was pre-ban. I only had it there to be sure it functioned in the gun. It only takes some nosey fucker that does'nt like the way you look to kick the hornets nest. Better safe than sorry in my book.

• Like 1
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It doesn't matter how many US parts you put on the gun, only the number of foreign parts on the ATF's top 20 list. There was an earlier ATF letter stating that the thread protector was not a muzzle a

Stabbing strangers keeps nurses employed too, that doesn't make it right.

I would like to thank Stephen... The fucking idiot who just HAD to take the time to ask the question which resulted in fucking over a good portion of the S-12 community.     Thanks alot ya' fuc

Posted Images

I'm digging the homemade floorplates guys.

I'll probably do the same for that extra 922r part I'm missing. As much as I generaly hate using mags to reach compliance, I've gotten very comfortable with my current setups, and I won't change them if I can help it.

Till then I guess I can only use my 10 round mags and SGM 2 round mag.

Well... Accualy, I don't know if thats correct either. They did say pistol grips are sporting now, so maybe 922r is only in effect when I have the 10 round mags in anyway?

I love the spanish-marked home-made floorplates, but make SURE you say "hecho en Estados Unidos de America", NOT just "hecho en Estados Unidos" Estados Unidos de Mexico is the formal name of the country immediately to the south of the US.

Ok, I guess I will be getting a HP op-rod and custom-length puck to go into the S12, along with the G2 and yugo-pattern wood furniture from Rhineland (and an Autoplug). Then whatever mag I care to play with, though I do like the idea of the 'braille' on the floorplates in the range bag. I think I may end up doing that on general principles, not for 922r stupidity.

Well... Accualy, I don't know if thats correct either. They did say pistol grips are sporting now, so maybe 922r is only in effect when I have the 10 round mags in anyway?

People keep saying this. Is this just relying on the defund thing, or is there some specific document this comes from. I can't seem to find it.

You doen't need to be 922r compliant unless you want to use high cap. mags do you? You can still use factory 5rd mags right? Thats what I thought. Hell all I have is 5rd mags.

Edited by rnemhrd

You doen't need to be 922r compliant unless you want to use high cap. mags do you? You can still use factory 5rd mags right? Thats what I thought. Hell all I have is 5rd mags.

Don't quote me on this, someone may correct me. I think having a folding stock also makes 922r apply. My advice is like others said, don't give them any reason to say you are not compliant. Better safe then sorry.
though I do like the idea of the 'braille' on the floorplates in the range bag. I think I may end up doing that on general principles, not for 922r stupidity.

Hey, that's not a "range bag" it's the Zombie Interdiction Bag:

zib3.jpg

But yeah, my purpose in making my own floorplates was not to gain another US part, it was to have something that would take paint better than the original plastic ones, for color coding. My shotgun is compliant without them. Somebody else suggested that I add some means of distinguishing them in the dark, so I came up with the "braille" thing. Three smaller rivets for a buckshot mag, and one big one for slugs.

• Like 1

To answer a question asked, No, to date not ONE person has been even charged with breaking 922r...

I will be compliant with the new S-12 but only because I'm down with investing in America.

Roger that; my CIII dealer/mfg told me today that 922r only applied to mfgs.

Nice, NetPackRat! Good to see another Cult of Correia member in the fold... I'm actually working on an Abomination build, if I can ever figure out the combined twist+flip on the bayonet. (Almost HAD it down with a lot of help from peeps here 'til LC threw that curveball... LOL)

When I converted mine you only needed 5 parts to be compliant (FCG, Puck, PG - Done).

As far as Im concerned I followed the law when it was converted. I am not about to tear it back apart because someone changed their mind on something 4 years later. They can Cram it.

sKott

Does 922r still apply to shotguns? The Fiscal Year 2012 Agriculture, Commerce/Justice/Science (CJS) and Transportation/Housing/Urban Development (THUD) Appropriations bills has a provision which seems to knock out 922r for shotguns.

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=7180

Shotgun Importation Protections. Prohibits the Department of Justice from requiring imported shotguns to meet a “sporting purposes” test that theBureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) has used to prohibit the importation of shotguns with one or more features disliked by the Agency, such as adjustable stocks, extended magazine tubes, etc.

Sinse we have two recent cases where the court ruled that sporting pupose is null and void regarding firearms ownership, I don't know why the NRA doesn't simply take this 922r Bullshit to court and have it repealed!mad.gif

Edited by macaholic

thank God these trivial laws dont apply to where i live. we can put anything we like, long barrel, short barrel, as long as the serial numbers match and we're pretty much GTG. big_smile.gif

oh but i forgot, we dont have aftermarket parts here so we tend to stay pretty much stock. booo.gif

i am so glad i live in the "Land Of the Free"where their are over 20,000 gun laws,and i guess thousands of would be felons,that do not even know they are breaking some of those 20,000 laws.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Does 922r still apply to shotguns? The Fiscal Year 2012 Agriculture, Commerce/Justice/Science (CJS) and Transportation/Housing/Urban Development (THUD) Appropriations bills has a provision which seems to knock out 922r for shotguns.

http://www.nraila.or...ad.aspx?ID=7180

Shotgun Importation Protections. Prohibits the Department of Justice from requiring imported shotguns to meet a “sporting purposes” test that theBureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) has used to prohibit the importation of shotguns with one or more features disliked by the Agency, such as adjustable stocks, extended magazine tubes, etc.

NEVERMIND! Just realized what date this thread was. >.>' It's 2012, not 2011. It's just the day matched up almost perfectly.

Sorry!

Edited by Gene 5.6
  • 3 months later...

Since there hasn't been much definitive info in detail (from BATF), regarding exactly what constitutes a muzzle device vs muzzle attachment...

Information regarding muzzle attachments or devices - muzzle attachments are not mere thread protectors

http://www.kwikrnu.c...0attachment.pdf

Information regarding violating 922r - 922r applies to manufacturers not end users

http://www.kwikrnu.c...%2010-17-11.pdf

Edited by saigadd

Since I had all of my S-12's & AK's built by gunsmiths I would assume that I am off the hook as far as 922r. If I read it correctly it involves the person who "manufactured" and not the individual in possession. Whatever, nothings getting changed. I'll continue to use Russian, Czech, Bulgarian and etc. magazines in whatever capacity and flavor I like. :o)

I am down to 6 Foreign parts, 5, if I change out the Operating Rod for the Cadiz HD one I have.

Malodave

Does this rod is heavier than original? How does it affect bulk ammo ejection?

How about Arsenal SGL rifles that had been built before new regulations?

• 2 weeks later...

I've said it before and I'll say it again. THIS 922 R BULLSHIT NEEDS TO BE REPEALED! And fuck all the parasites who dont want this bullshit law repealed in regards to the money they'll lose on conversions! Fucking Carpetbaggers!016.gif

Edited by macaholic