New Models from Legion USA - 030 and 040 type

"How long has it been since the first people ordered? 2010 IIRC. Sucks. Looks like everyone grossly overpaid for them as well. You guys didn't have another option back then and I can understand why you jumped on it. Hope it works out and doesn't turn into another pre-order gone bad"

It has already gone bad. Didnt you get the email today? The jig is up! Wake the F up people!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear Saiga fans, the team of Legion USA is very excited to inform you that after months of hard and dedicated work we are launching the sales of the much awaited models of Saiga 12. These include the

How long has it been since the first people ordered? 2010 IIRC. Sucks. Looks like everyone grossly overpaid for them as well. You guys didn't have another option back then and I can understand why you

Installing factory aftermarket parts on a gun is not the same as buying an OEM gun. Furthermore, a 1 OF 200 gun will be worth WAY more than a 1 of 50,000 gun with aftermaket parts installed. IJS.

Posted Images

I wonder if the current mags on the market will work with the LRBHO. That may persuade my decision to buy now or wait.

8 rd russian magwell mags which are well over 100.00 when you can find them

5 rd russian LRBHO mags that came with legion LBHO saiga 12's can maybe modified?

I meant to specify aftermarket mags.

I think having or not having a supply of lrbho mags in something larger than 5 rounds will be a big factor on how well these sell. Not to say that people won't buy them but I think many more would buy them if they knew that they could get 8 round or larger mags with lrbho for a good price.

• Like 1

I think having or not having a supply of lrbho mags in something larger than 5 rounds will be a big factor on how well these sell. Not to say that people won't buy them but I think many more would buy them if they knew that they could get 8 round or larger mags with lrbho for a good price.

By seeing the price of the shotgun I don't see mags being any cheaper

I also can't see many companies tooling up for a russian magwell specific, fairly low volume mag?

Y'know, there were a TON of "smart guys" who never bought Super Bees either. They were just too damn ugly and who would buy a muscle car and not drive it? They would have to be a real moron! These smart guys laughed and laughed at the few guys who owned the wretched Super Bees...

Then, in 2008 the Super Bee owners took their cars to Barret-Jackson just to see what they were worth, and laughed all the way to the bank. laughed all the way to the airport, and laughed all the way to whatever island they retired to...

Rumor has it, they still wake up laughing, then their butler puts on their socks for them...

Edited by Caged

"How long has it been since the first people ordered? 2010 IIRC. Sucks. Looks like everyone grossly overpaid for them as well. You guys didn't have another option back then and I can understand why you jumped on it. Hope it works out and doesn't turn into another pre-order gone bad"

It has already gone bad. Didnt you get the email today? The jig is up! Wake the F up people!

Did you get a reply from Brian?

By seeing the price of the shotgun I don't see mags being any cheaper

I also can't see many companies tooling up for a russian magwell specific, fairly low volume mag?

Hmm.

I seem to remember someone making a run of mags for saiga 100s in .308? Which I recall there being about 200 of.

If enough guns come in. The mags will get made.

• Like 1

Hello again to everyone in this topic!

We are very happy to see such interest in our product. The concern about the availability of the magwell mags for these models is a very rational one and we were expecting such concerns to arise. Therefore, we were also working out various magazine options which would be offered to the owners of these guns.

Following are the few options on which we are working in order to offer a variety of mags for the models with a magwell:

1. Each gun comes with 2 mags.

2. Shortly, within 2 to 6 weeks, we will start selling via our website original Russian 8-rd mags for these magwells.

3. In a joint effort with one of the domestic manufacturers we are preparing American-made 2-,5-,8-,10-, and 12-rounder magwell mags. These should become available for sale within the next 8 weeks.

Bottom line is that we are dedicating much effort and attention to ensure that our customers, who buy this product, will be provided with enough mag options.

Once again thank you all for being dedicated Saiga fans, your passion drives our motivation!

Best Regards,

Legion USA Team.

• Like 1

We are very happy to see such interest in our product. The concern about the availability of the magwell mags for these models is a very rational one and we were expecting such concerns to arise. Therefore, we were also working out various magazine options which would be offered to the owners of these guns.

Following are the few options on which we are working in order to offer a variety of mags for the models with a magwell:

2. Shortly, within 2 to 6 weeks, we will start selling via our website original Russian 8-rd mags for these magwells.

3. In a joint effort with one of the domestic manufacturers we are preparing American-made 2-,5-,8-,10-, and 12-rounder magwell mags. These should become available for sale within the next 8 weeks.

Bottom line is that we are dedicating much effort and attention to ensure that our customers, who buy this product, will be provided with enough mag options.

Once again thank you all for being dedicated Saiga fans, your passion drives our motivation!

Best Regards,

Legion USA Team.

Why whoever might that mysterious partner be?

Best Regards,

Legion USA Team.

You wouldn't perhaps also be planning to have Izzy rock-n-lock 8s for the rest of us? :D

The new S12s look amazing but it will be a long time before I have the cash!

I like the fact that they are finally importing these shotguns, but the price is steep, and some of those converted guns simply don't look right. I've seen much better looking conversions posted in the various forum pages.

Best Regards,

Legion USA Team.

sounds like youve got it taken care of, but this brings just a few more questions. One has already been stated above, but I am wondering the same thing; will you be importing izzy 8 round rock and locks as well, or just magwell mags? My other question had to do with the american made mags; will they have steel locking tab reinforcement, or be no tab reinforcment with steel feed lips or all plastic, including the feed lips? And what will the price range on these be? Thanks.

No lower gas block rail AND no side rails on the 030 (IZ433)?

And your converted 030 (IZ433A) has a crappy bolt on trigger guard, plugs in the old trigger axis pin holes. I guess you throw a $100 worth of bolt on parts and you can call it a US made conversion... IF YOU DO IT IN YOUR OWN GARAGE. For $300 extra, I would expect a better executed 030 from the importer.

So, close... I will have to think on these. Well, NOT the converted one. I know that already.

• Like 1

No lower gas block rail AND no side rails on the 030 (IZ433)?

And your converted 030 (IZ433A) has a crappy bolt on trigger guard, plugs in the old trigger axis pin holes. I guess you throw a $100 worth of bolt on parts and you can call it a US made conversion... IF YOU DO IT IN YOUR OWN GARAGE. For $300 extra, I would expect a better executed 030 from the importer.

So, close... I will have to think on these. Well, NOT the converted one. I know that already.

Am I seeing a Tapco WARSAW buttstock? I had one and it was OK, but I don't want one on a $1k+ weapon. Yeah, I'll pass.

Best Regards,

Legion USA Team.

Thank you for becoming a business member. It is great to see Legion bringing new offerings to the US, but some would rather pay more for a higher quality version instead of one with budget parts on it and nylon plugged holes (I would be that type of guy). These guns aren't exactly priced for the penny pincher anyways. You will find that the saavy customers will buy the unconverted version instead because the conversion on the other model isn't anything special and doesn't justify the additional expense. An AK100 stocked version with welded and blended holes and a riveted trigger guard would fly off the shelves if it were priced even remotely fair and done well. Professionally converted Saigas need to exceed the quality of what the average DIY can perform (DIY trigger guards and nylon plugged holes are DIY quality). Maybe there should be a 3rd version that lives up to the Legion name. Maybe a "Special Edition"....

Just for fun....

Who would buy an AK100 stocked, quality riveted trigger guard, railed gas block, proper sight, welded and blended hole version for $2,500 or more?

I could be wrong....

I agree also you don't see many well done conversions even from well known builders?

I found this on GB http://www.gunbroker...?Item=267541233and is almost 3 times higher and still has left over holes, manly bolt on parts including the reciever block.

Don't most highend builders weld on a reciever plate?.... but it's got plenty of polishing and (honing)? Just not a thousand dollars worth.

Edited by RamLake

I agree with the criticisms but that price is MSRP. After the initial wave of compulsive buys by people who have to have it now subsides, retailers will lower the price. It's called skimming the cream. Now that the threat of an import ban is no longer a factor, there is no reason for the price volatility we've seen in the past. The market dictates that the price will level off at a lower level.

So how do you adjust for different shells if there is no gas regulator?

I am one who would rather buy the unconverted models and do it myself or have a pro do it right: welding all unused holes and refinishing, intalling the correct ak trigger guard. An am sure I could add a folder and have it all built for about $2000. Even with the Russian folder $2500s too much IMO

Edited by AZG
  • Like 1

I am one who would rather buy the unconverted models and do it myself or have a pro do it right: welding all unused holes and refinishing, intalling the correct ak trigger guard. An am sure I could add a folder and have it all built for about $2000. Even with the Russian folder $2500s too much IMO

+1 This was all talked about here when the red dragun was first talked about on this site. 2,500 is way to high, but hey people are looking to make money off of just buying a stock "OEM" sporter030 to add to their franklin mint coins, die-cast model cars collection.

My build is better then all builds because I did it.exciting.gif

+1 This was all talked about here when the red dragun was first talked about on this site.

Ive been involved with the RD ver 30s deal since april, 11' on this site before any of the news even reached this forum. Nothing new to me.

2,500 is way to high, but hey people are looking to make money off of just buying a stock "OEM" sporter030 to add to their franklin mint coins, die-cast model cars collection.

My build is better then all builds because I did it.exciting.gif

How do I put this....

I am not willing to pay $2500 ANY of these period, Reddragun, legion, MK himself built it with his bare hands, no thanks. I would rather pay a pro to do it and get the cheaper S12 without the tapco on it.

Im basically wanting:

-any and all unused holes welded and refinished.

-either a russian folder or standard fixed stock added(kvar/bulgy/romy) not tapco.

- akbuilder/md style trigger guard rivited

The majority of people on this forum can do the FCG conversion part. If you cant, learn, its really really really easy.

and there are plenty of capable builders out there that are looking for business and will do it at a decent price and wont take months and months and months to get the job done. It better shoot lightning bolts if its gonna take that long IMO.

As for RedDragun vs Legion, I would rather have a Reddragun 030 1/200 w/railed GB over a legion 1/50000 anyday. It may matter to some for authenticity reasons but I just dont want to see a something bolted to my gas block if I dont have to. Id rather have one solid piece from the factory and if you have to add it your self or have a smith do it that takes away form the value IMO as you have to pay for the part, shipping from kvar isn't cheap, then ship the part and gun to a smith have him install it adding to the work you could possibly have done and shipping back to you. If you do it yourself good luck not scratching it up and have to buy some sort of guncote to fix it which costs more+shipping and painting supplies. It all adds up and to me is cheaper and more valuable IMO to have it done already from the factory. just my 2c.gif

But if I dont ever get my reddraguns, I'll get an unconverted and do like I said. No tapco for me thank you.

If I was strapped for cash or just wanted to do the conversion myself, there is nothing wrong with that either, to each his own.

all in all, ver 30/40, converted or whatever, they still only shoot 12 gauge shells. so its all good. do what you want to your guns, within the law of course, and have fun. thats what its about.

Edited by AZG

About the issue with the unconverted model vs. the converted model, while I would get unconverted and convert it myself, I see why legion offers a converted model. Not everyone is confident with modifying their guns or wants to take the time to do so. The converted model gives them a option. although I don't like the tapco stock, I'm not going to bash them for it because they font have to go to the expense of offering a converted model at all. And I don't see the big deal about the hole plugs, do you really expect the importer to go to the length of welding, grinding, and refinishing?

About the issue with the unconverted model vs. the converted model, while I would get unconverted and convert it myself, I see why legion offers a converted model. Not everyone is confident with modifying their guns or wants to take the time to do so.

I agree, but they should be confident with knowing their guns IMO as it helps to get the most out of the gun overall, and thats a good thing. But I understand your point and its a valid one.

The converted model gives them a option. although I don't like the tapco stock, I'm not going to bash them for it because they font have to go to the expense of offering a converted model at all.

not sure if you were implying that I was bashing tapco or legion or both but that is not the case. Again, just stating my preferences.

And I don't see the big deal about the hole plugs,

its a preference thing. too many bumps on my Saiga makes it look like it has acne. and thats the wrong kind of sick look im going for.

do you really expect the importer to go to the length of welding, grinding, and refinishing?

No, we were mearly just discussing what we like, or speculating if you like.