What firearm(s) would you get if your budget was around $2,500??

Help me decide by naming your dream guns or ones that you own & love (no expensive calibers though please).

My mini collection so far (minus my S12):

DSCF0018.jpg

DPMS AP4 .308

Mossberg 500

Romanian WASR

Saiga 5.45

Taurus 1911

PLEASE: No "buy ammo/ training (I have that budget set aside)"

Edited by King Cash
  • Like 1
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

About two months ago I received my last "dream" firearm. . . one which I had commissioned to be built, and a firearm that I had owned briefly approximately fifteen years ago, but which I sold off when

So you've got (or will have) that kind of money?   How about becoming a "Contributor" to this forum, via donation.   That suggestion is equally extended to the rest of you "Member" status individu

DS Arms semi-auto RPD ($2,100). You can easily shoulder fire the thing and use it as a deer rifle if you want.   http://www.dsarms.co...tinfo/RPDRIFLE/  

Posted Images

Ooooohh,

I want to get eventually, realistically:

Tula AKM

Tula AKM kaiber pass

Slr107ur

Aes-10b

YugoM92 side folder(in the works)

Romy M10 with the wire folder

Chrome wasr10 for my tiger wood set

Ak104 from a sgl-21 94

s12 ver.030

Dream collection that's not attainable, simply look at gallery of my dream collection

Edited by AZG
  • Like 1

I'll look into those!..Here's what I've been keeping an eye on (Converted SL8, FS2000, PSL, & Rem. 700 in an AI stock )

SL8a.jpg

Or:

Coharie MP5 clone

Golani Galil

RPK (Aes-10b)

C93

SCAR 16

Kriss Super V

All of my guns are usually used for range fun (up to 100 yds here), but maybe hunting later

Yea, I can tell that you're an AKaholic bad_smile.gif

But the problem is that my list is too big...I dont know if i should get a few $600-1000 guns (PSL, Aes-10b, Golani, etc) or one nice one with all of the bells & whistles.

...And an SR25 would be nice..though, I'd probably just get better glass and a longer barrel for my DPMS AP4 .308

Edited by King Cash

I'm bullding mine,

Bullpupped S12(possibly SBSd at some point)

Bullpupped RPK

If ever I got back out West, I'd go for a bullpupped Draganov or Saiga .308.

My Dad has a 7mm bolt action(forget brand) that I hope to inherit one day. He's dropped elk at about 800yrds with it.

Oh ya, I'd like to bullpup a Draco at some point.

Ah, I think all together I may be under the $2500 mark, lol.

Edited by BpS12
  • Like 1

So you've got (or will have) that kind of money?

How about becoming a "Contributor" to this forum, via donation.

That suggestion is equally extended to the rest of you "Member" status individuals.

• Like 5

Those funds will be coming as a credit via a gun store owner/friend from a cashed in favor. I'm currently an employed kid with a shiny new master's degree, but once I start making a steady income I'll make a donation...by the way, u never mentioned your dream gun

Key word was dream gun less than 2500. I like them all. If I could only choose one for right now less than 2500 it would be a .338 lapua magnum or .308 in a good free float stock, a 3-4 pound trigger, enlarged bolt handle, with 5-10 rd DBM, and good glass.

Edited by Guns Are Great

An original, non parts kit, pre-ban FN FAL. I would use it too, a safe queen it would not be!

Armalite AR-180 (not the shitty 180b version).

Krinkov.

Original Saiga 12K.

$2500 in an assortment of ammuniton to feed what i already have.

Edited by Mullet Man
  • Like 1

My list is never ending.

Looking at what you currently have it sounds like it's time to step it up to the long range stuff. A SCAR-17 or a bolt gun would do nicely!

Or you could pull a YARP and go handgun crazysuper_man.gif mmmmmmmmmmmmmm llllllloooooove handguns

• Like 1

Not a dream gun, but your collection lacks a .22 right now (just a quick observation since you have most other bases well covered).

SBR'ing a few less expensive guns (like an AR lower or Draco) or getting a few suppressors (.308 for your AR10 or a .22 with a cheap Ruger Mark or Walther P22 host) will offer more utility for the money than a single gun at $2,500, IMO.

Edited by BuffetDestroyer
  • Like 1

Those funds will be coming as a credit via a gun store owner/friend from a cashed in favor. I'm currently an employed kid with a shiny new master's degree, but once I start making a steady income I'll make a donation...by the way, u never mentioned your dream gun

About two months ago I received my last "dream" firearm. . . one which I had commissioned to be built, and a firearm that I had owned briefly approximately fifteen years ago, but which I sold off when I found myself in dire straits. An M1 Garand rifle.

I made a promise to my missus, "no more firearms". . . so procuring the M1 Garand was my last salute to my personal collection. wink.png

No more "dreaming" for this ole' dog.

CIMG4827.jpg

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/74954-my-new-heavy-scout-rifle-m1-garand-t26/page__p__735246#entry735246

• Like 5

1) I truly know that I don't have a NEED for another mid caliber carbine, and if i got one, it would just be due to the cool factor (Scar 16, G36 clone, FS2000 Galil, RPK clone, etc)

2) To the ones suggesting rifles chambered in .308, I'm not sure that I want to go down that road again right now due to ammo cost. I want to get into precision shooting BUT I'm limited to 100 yard gun ranges. That may change in years to come but has me thinking that i should just go for a cheaper precision caliber like .223 or x54R right now (Rem. 700, PSL, Vepr, etc).

3) Pistol caliber carbines appeal to me but again, why get that when i have mid caliber rifles that do even more (a MP5 clone, Kriss, or Sub 2k would be nice tho)!!!

4) No, i dont have a .22 so that would be practical, but I'd rather buy that at another time out of my own $

5) Misc: a 1919 or a semi auto LMG sounds tempting

FINAL: I'd like to make a practical decision but i also want a fun semi-good looking firearm so i may overlook logic...Also, shooting past 100 yards isn't optional for now

Btw, reading you guy's posts is just causing me to add my more firearms to my list n making this harder haha.gif

Edited by King Cash

i didn't even think of a 1919, that's definitely what i'd go for

But would you go for it if the gun ranges near you limited you to 1 shot per 3-5 seconds?

There's 1 about an hour away that allows rapid fire but i'd rarely go that far.

So yea, I want a 1919 but it's probably less practical than an expensive long range .308 set up when i'm limited to 100 yards wet_eyes.gif