you did the right thing XD, for the sake of your company. i like when guys make these claims, but cant seem to tell you shit about their equipment. he'll get his when he meets a real SEAL and gets an ass whoopin he wont soon forget.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a great deal of respect for everyone who serves their country in any capacity from cooks to the most badassed warrior types.   I have no respect for liars who make what are usually wild ass c

I ran into another one of “those guys” yesterday. The guys who claim they were Navy SEALS.   I guess with the SEALs being in the news, and the Act of Valor movie there is a fresh crop.   And in c

All the service branches that have SOCOM assets that "fly under the radar" so to speak. They also all have different skill sets. SEALs were primarily a maritime asset from the start for boarding ene

Our new county sheriff was a member of Seal Team 6! He used this in his campaign to get attention. After Bin Laden was killed, this was even further publicized in our local news paper. A small group of us see him for what he is... An arrogant douche...

I'm not military, nor have I been, but this guy loves attention and is extremely boastful and arrogant. Totally not what you'd expect. He will likely serve one term, then our previous sheriff will be back in office.

Our new county sheriff was a member of Seal Team 6! He used this in his campaign to get attention. After Bin Laden was killed, this was even further publicized in our local news paper. A small group of us see him for what he is... An arrogant douche...

I'm not military, nor have I been, but this guy loves attention and is extremely boastful and arrogant. Totally not what you'd expect. He will likely serve one term, then our previous sheriff will be back in office.

Run his name through veriseal.org!

• Like 1

The flyboys talk quite a bit, but that's understandable. They're 20,000ft above the action.

Talk to one who flew during the "Shock and Awe" of Baghdad. While we were prestaged for the ground operations in Quatar, I ran into a guy who graduated with my little sister who was an F15 driver. He said flying through tracers and anti-aircraft arty was pretty intense. They were doing that every night until we went in.

Edited by MT Predator

I was a member of a secret black ops covert operator's anti terrorist assualt night infiltration unit.

We mostly worked in malls defending america from terrorists and ninjas.

OK, seriously though...

It's funny though, when folks at my current work learn that I was a bodyguard and private soldier (when I was a sprout) they always say the same thing"

-"that must have been exciting!"

I explain that being a personal bodyguard is like being a designated driver, every single night. You get to babysit some alcoholic douchebag and occasionally buy someone a drink or two so they don't beat up your employer.

Being a private soldier for me was just like being a rent a cop, but with heavier crap you have to wear and at least occasionally you'd get to pepper spray a crowd.

I did see some action, but less than I would have if I'd lived those same years in LA.

The folksI've met who claim to have been in the service always seem to have careers that should have taken many more years than they were in, also I think it's strange that they always tell the EXACT SAME ANECDOTES... I've been hearing the same stupid war stories for 30 fucking years. I usually shut them up by telling them how I accidentally shot a 7 year old bystander, it's not a funny or interesting tale.

Tall guys pass BUDS less often than shorter guys. But the few SEALS I've met were still in pretty good shape well after they left active duty. The Navy tries to recuit guys who are highly competitive athletes.

Of course however they are built (height, stocky, lean etc.) they are in good shape, no, check that, GREAT shape, they have to be to do what they do. But the ones I knew were not outwardly exception physical specimens. What makes a SEAL stand apart is what's between his ears, not how athletic he is, at least this is how I remember it. I had a good friend at Miramar who got orders to school and this was the "college quarterback" type guy who ran xx miles at lunch time while everyone else sat around eating cheeseburgers, in better shape than I ever thought about being in. Finally went to Coronado.....washed out early on, I forget how far he made it.

Maybe in more recent years the training has attracted more athletic types coming in and I don't know how the actual training compares to back then but from what I saw, mental toughness was the most important factor. And like I said, the shipmates I had who wore the badge looked like regular guys but damn, I'd rather smack a bear in the ass than mess with them.

You will find that the heavy hitters claim to be desk clerks and drivers. The desk clerks and drivers claim to be delta and seals.

Very true!

I ran into another one of “those guys” yesterday. The guys who claim they were Navy SEALS. I guess with the SEALs being in the news, and the Act of Valor movie there is a fresh crop. And in case there is any confusion by the title, no I’m not claiming I was a SEAL. I was a regular old Jarhead.
No such thing as a "regular Marine" Semper Fi USN 83-89

I forgot ALL Marines think think they are SPECOPS because they get off the bout lol.........only joking guys

You'll talk, but usually only to those who've BTDT and can understand. The flyboys talk quite a bit, but that's understandable. They're 20,000ft above the action.

Not ALL flybys are at 20,000ft above the action.....some are below 500ft while door gunners are protecting the aircraft while the pilots fly nap of earth.

You will find that the heavy hitters claim to be desk clerks and drivers. The desk clerks and drivers claim to be delta and seals.

Very true!

I ran into another one of “those guys” yesterday. The guys who claim they were Navy SEALS. I guess with the SEALs being in the news, and the Act of Valor movie there is a fresh crop. And in case there is any confusion by the title, no I’m not claiming I was a SEAL. I was a regular old Jarhead.

I forgot ALL Marines think think they are SPECOPS because they get off the bout lol.........only joking guys

You'll talk, but usually only to those who've BTDT and can understand. The flyboys talk quite a bit, but that's understandable. They're 20,000ft above the action.

Not ALL flybys are at 20,000ft above the action.....some are below 500ft while door gunners are protecting the aircraft while the pilots fly nap of earth.

Some fly nap of earth. Some just take a nap. ;)

• Like 1

I trained with a group of Seals way back in 1982 when I was 7th Infantry at Fort Ord Ca when it still existed... great group of guys, had the usual crap between the two services and they really gave us a workout during the time we were at Coronado, but learned a lot from them on the training we went through, lot of water survival, amphibious landings and assaults, really had me wondering what in the hell our commander had planned for us...as a Combat Support Company a lot of times there was no telling. Got the worst sunburn of my life, end of summer in California, out in rubber rafts, sun reflecting off the water, yeah buddy!

People often ask me about my time in service, if I did anything exciting, I just tell them I'm not sure if I should talk about, the statute of limitations might still apply. They just look at me weird. Some ask me about the scar of my forehead, I tell them that's where I got shot. Invariably they will ask me how bad it was, I look at them all serious and shit and say "I died...."

• Like 2

I hate to be "that guy" but....

WTF is so neato-rific about seals?

I've met some Spetsnaz that impressed the hell out of me, they do shit in training waaaay more heinous than most of our soldiers do in combat.

I've also met PLO and IDF guys that had some serious balls.

I'm no badass and really can't compare to any of these groups and I'm a fairly solid patriot but I'm not so sure any American special forces are terribly impressive. Well trained, well equipped but...

I met a eastern bloc kid from who-gives-a-fuck-istan and when the Russians rolled tanks into his town his parents gave him a grenade and a box of soap flakes, his best friend and him soaped a steep cobblestone street and when a tank slid down it and got stuck in a storefront he and his buddy ran up and climbed on top. They waited on top of the tank for two days listening to the tankers arguing wether it was safe to get out. When they finally opened the hatch they dropped the grenade in. He was 12. He didn't know that his side would win, he didn't have a safe home to return to. And the worst thing? SOAP FLAKES! Have you ever tried to do laundry with fucking soap flakes? They are nowhere near as effective as detergent and this poor sucker had to live his life using soap flakes to wash dishes, clothes and sabotage tanks.

I've met some Spetsnaz that impressed the hell out of me, they do shit in training waaaay more heinous than most of our soldiers do in combat.

I'm no badass and really can't compare to any of these groups and I'm a fairly solid patriot but I'm not so sure any American special forces are terribly impressive. Well trained, well equipped but...

I met a eastern bloc kid from who-gives-a-fuck-istan and when the Russians rolled tanks into his town his parents gave him a grenade and a box of soap flakes, his best friend and him soaped a steep cobblestone street and when a tank slid down it and got stuck in a storefront he and his buddy ran up and climbed on top. They waited on top of the tank for two days listening to the tankers arguing wether it was safe to get out. When they finally opened the hatch they dropped the grenade in. He was 12. He didn't know that his side would win, he didn't have a safe home to return to. And the worst thing? SOAP FLAKES! Have you ever tried to do laundry with fucking soap flakes? They are nowhere near as effective as detergent and this poor sucker had to live his life using soap flakes to wash dishes, clothes and sabotage tanks.

Well see the thing that's so impressive about seal training/american special forces training is that it takes some spoiled bitch ass american who, even if he grew up in "the ghetto" was by world standards living with with a silver spoon glued to his mouth, and after years of watching liberal T.V going to public indoctrination camp and in general being a self absorbed asshole. mom and dad get shit of his shit and he joins an armed service branch where they over the course of many years train him to do something half way worth while.

Edited by ZombieJefferson

Well see the thing that's so impressive about seal training/american special forces training is that it takes some spoiled bitch ass american who, even if he grew up in "the ghetto" was by world standards living with with a silver spoon glued to his mouth, and after years of watching liberal T.V going to public indoctrination camp and in general being a self absorbed asshole. mom and dad get shit of his shit and he joins an armed service branch where they over the course of many years train him to do something half way worth while.

ZombieJefferson.......is that really your view on the people that join and take the oath they took to defend the constitution seriously?

I take your point that other country's sf troops are impressive, although I disagree that ours are not impressive. You convey a degree of ignorance if you believe that only their training and equipment is impressive. Honestly that statement surprises me. I thought more of you.

As to why people don't impersonate spetsnaz, you have to understand those who try to steal honor are usually clueless about the special forces of other countries.

And it’s easier to impersonate a SEAL. It’s hard to pull off a convincing Russian accent. wink.png

But you do have to wonder why SEALS and not Delta.

What is your real point? Who are you trying to impress?

My sincere advice:

gallery_4831_950_40389.jpg

Edited by XD45
  • Like 2

I'm not so sure any American special forces are terribly impressive. Well trained, well equipped but...

If you had ever operated with/around these guys, you would be...

ZombieJeffy

You really don't have a clue. I'd try to enlighten you on your ignorance/stupidity but it would be a waste of time. As XD says, just stop. You are not doing yourself any favors by spouting crap.

• Like 3

Frankly, It doesn't bother me all that much. I hear "war stories" and little comments like "I was there when that happened" or "Yeah, I hung out with those guys" all the time and wonder how much, if any of it, is true. And the more alcohol and women around, the grander the stories become. I have never had someone claim to be a SEAL. If I did I would just dismiss that right away. The rest I just nod my head politely and think "Yeah, well, maybe you did that and maybe you didn't".

• Like 1

I understand that for many guys the idea of being something more than they are, ever have been, or ever will be, can be very appealling. I'm just glad that no one ever runs around saying they were a combat photographer or an ARFF firefighter to earn street cred. If they did no one would ever take me serious!

I never wanted to be a Seal, and I never wanted to be a Ranger. They both jump out of perfectly good working airplanes. I respect greatly them, but I am glad I never followed that path, and I'll never pretend that I did.

• Like 2

The way I see it, just be proud of who you are. If your not then there's deeper seated issues that probably need to be dealt with, pretending to be something your not is only going to worsen an already bad situation. That said, it never takes that long for peoples true colors to show through. Take note, move on and surround yourself with decent people.

• Like 1

No that's just my view on Americans in general, and all the spoiled brats the glorious publik system is raising. The serviceman I've personally known fit pretty well into that societal structure. they do however get a lot better as their time in the service increases normally when they come out you can barely tell they were raised by the state. and they are a cut above the putz who didn't serve.

Asking for a DD214 is a real show stopper for most big mouthshorror.gif if some one claims to be in just ask to see their ID card, rank is right on it.

When I was in Iraq this DA civilian said he had been in Vietnam but he acted like he had never seen an M4 before....

Some how every taxi cab driver around Ft Benning is a retired SMG too. Can't get away from people that want to be arm chair commandos.

Edited by Rusty truck
  • Like 1

I am happy that my experiences with military clients has seemed pretty honest. I will always ask what they do/did in the military and it is nice to hear "I was a Cook on a Frigate" or "I was a Diesel mechanic" and a good client told me "I did every crappy job they told be to do, I aint the brightest guy, but I did whatever I was told and did it the best I could". The honest guys usually have the funniest stories as well.

• Like 1

I had one hell of an evening with a bunch of Marine jet jockeys at

Stationed at nas pensacola. Trader johns was a local naval aviator haunt. Oddly enough, right across the street was the chat n chew and red garter. Both establishments for the daintier of men. We had a transient marine corp squadron of harrier jocks sitting at the bar eyeballing the joints across the street. A group of guys in hard hats and t shirts(straight out of the village people) were walking down the sidewalk. A few of the pilots decided it was open season on some "tinkerbells". Long stort short, they got the shit beat out of them. The most amazing part of the whole ordeal was just how fast the news circulated. Stil tho, to this day i have made respect for jump jet and warthog drivers.

Stationed at nas pensacola. Trader johns was a local naval aviator haunt. Oddly enough, right across the street was the chat n chew and red garter. Both establishments for the daintier of men. We had a transient marine corp squadron of harrier jocks sitting at the bar eyeballing the joints across the street. A group of guys in hard hats and t shirts(straight out of the village people) were walking down the sidewalk. A few of the pilots decided it was open season on some "tinkerbells". Long stort short, they got the shit beat out of them. The most amazing part of the whole ordeal was just how fast the news circulated. Stil tho, to this day i have made respect for jump jet and warthog drivers.

An amusing story that. Perhaps a little too amusing. My needle is deep in the yellow...

Know the difference between a Sea Story and a Fairy Tale? A Fairy Tale starts with "Once Upon a Time..." A Sea Story starts with "This is no shit!"

While I can't say for sure that story is bs, I'd bet money it is.

It's just a little too much like too many other stories I heard in and out of the Corps.

I have a great deal of respect for everyone who serves their country in any capacity from cooks to the most badassed warrior types.

I have no respect for liars who make what are usually wild ass claims of daring do.

For the true badass to do his job he had to get fed, equipped, and taken to the fight by someone, sometimes people forget these people get killed in the line of duty too.

So I’m content with what I did in the service and don’t feel a need to claim honors other than my own.

Edited by 20-Mags
  • Like 4

The flyboys talk quite a bit, but that's understandable. They're 20,000ft above the action.

Talk to one who flew during the "Shock and Awe" of Baghdad. While we were prestaged for the ground operations in Quatar, I ran into a guy who graduated with my little sister who was an F15 driver. He said flying through tracers and anti-aircraft arty was pretty intense. They were doing that every night until we went in.

Very true!

Point taken. Those aren't the yappy ones.;)

I have a shooting buddy who crewed several aircraft in war zones, including AC130s, etc.

He's a quiet one.

An amusing story that. Perhaps a little too amusing. My needle is deep in the yellow...

Know the difference between a Sea Story and a Fairy Tale? A Fairy Tale starts with "Once Upon a Time..." A Sea Story starts with "This is no shit!"

It's just a little too much like too many other stories I heard in and out of the Corps.

I'm sure you weren't referring to me.....

I'm sure you weren't referring to me.....

I was referring to the story. I said nothing about the teller.

But it's not the first story of a bunch of (fill in the blank) that jumped a bunch of "queers, sissies, fairies" and got their asses kicked.

Maybe it's true. Doesn't really matter if I believe it or not.

I've told my share of Sea Stories too. Some of them are even true. ;)

nope! all true. while i didnt see the ass kickin, i heard the shit talking, watched them leave, saw them return a bit more roughed than they left. sort of like a=b b=c then a=c