Last Saturday my 9 year old daughter and I took our Ridgebacks for a walk. Daisy took off after a rabbit and I had to cross over a barbed wire fence to get her back. On the return trip back I lost my balance and fell from the top of the fence breaking my right leg just under the knee. I now have 4 pins screwed in to the bone and have an external fixation on it. I will have this for a week letting the swelling goes down so they can rebuilt it next Fri. This crap HURTS!!!

brase.jpg

brase2.jpg

brase3.jpg

brase4.jpg

Edited by Banshee

OUCH! I hope all goes well with your surgery, will add a prayer here too.

Still in pain? What painkillers are they giving you?

Not all work as well for different people, do not accept that you must be in pain.

Demerol was the only one that really worked for me, most everything else just cut it in half, morphine didn't do jack.

Demand relief!

I'll be straight forward, and warn you that your journey has just begun.

Once the surgery is done and the initial healing is complete, then begins physical therapy.

Go at your PT like you went after pussy at puberty. Do it all and more.

Also... I hope you've good insurance, both Medical and Short/Long Term Disability.

My leg's end cost was $35K+, my out of pocket was $2K.

Short Term Disability paid me $1000. month, which was a huge help when compared to $0.00 income.

I can very well understand your pain.

Years ago, I severely spiral fractured my right tib/fib just above the ankle.

I had surgery the next day, internal fixation, two plates and 14 screws.

Took me 4 months to get back to work, still very gimpy, a whole year to full recovery.

Fought some tissue necrosis, (gangrene), that was a adventure.

I also have some permanent nerve damage.

xray.jpg

incisionsandblisters.jpg

Fractureblister.jpg

Popgoestheblister.jpg

Later a few screws started to work their way out, I opted to have it all removed.

I tell ya, that hurt almost as bad a the first surgery.

hardware.jpg

Edited by ChileRelleno

In the last six months I have had hip, elbow, and shoulder surgeries.

I cannot emphasize enough what Chile said about the physical therapy!!!!

Good luck to you and you know we will all be here for you!

To laugh at you and poke fun at you about tripping over the fence once you recover.

• Like 1

When I first broke it I was getting Dilaudid, but a week after I am taking Percocet. The pain runs from almost none when sitting or laying around to major hurt when I get moving around and doing to much or hit the rig on something or with a cruch. I'm not stranger to this kind of stuff. I had a full hip replacment nine years ago on the same leg and am a full beliver in good PT

OUCH! How did your daughter do in the situation? That looks just downright painful Banshee, I hope you heal up well!

She almost panicked. She kept walking in circles crying “daddy”. I had to keep talking to her to keep her calm. I kept telling her I was ok, but I needed help. I sent her home (about 1/8 mile) to tell her momma that I broke my leg and to call 911. The rain had just started and I laid there getting soaked for about 40 minutes before the ambulance got there. It was the longest 40 minutes I can EVER remember.

Man....I thought I was in a lot of pain with arthritis in my spine.....

Seeing what you did make my stomach twitch some. Prayers and well wishes sent.

OUCH! How did your daughter do in the situation? That looks just downright painful Banshee, I hope you heal up well!

She almost panicked. She kept walking in circles crying “daddy”. I had to keep talking to her to keep her calm. I kept telling her I was ok, but I needed help. I sent her home (about 1/8 mile) to tell her momma that I broke my leg and to call 911. The rain had just started and I laid there getting soaked for about 40 minutes before the ambulance got there. It was the longest 40 minutes I can EVER remember.

You sir are superman in my book! Your kid will never forget this, you were lucky to have her there.............that would've been a hell of a long crawl!

That sux man...I also hate to inform you that your insurance company will not cover this. A cyclone fence accident they would have covered but not a barbed wire fence.

I'm sorry man but im afraid were going to have to put you down...amazing.gif

Wow! That really looks like it hurts!

I have had a few broken bones before and have learned a few tricks to recovery. Hope they help you as well.

Serrapeptase helps with swelling, increases circulation and speeds healing.

http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2003/sep2003_report_aas_01.htm

I buy it off of amazon for cheaper.

cissus quadrangularis

helps with inflamation and mends bones and tendons back together. I used this for a knee injury and a broken collar bone. like steroids without the roid rage.

Cissys RX was not cheap locally. Got ripped off for a 60 dollar bottle in kalispell.

Drink a shit ton of water and get better soon!

N

• Like 1

I hope all goes well for you. When physical therapy time comes, let the therapist manipulate you beyond pain threshold level. Double up on the pain meds before and after each secession. You don't want that dreaded internal scar tissue! I've had my shoulder and foot reconstructed, and I went PT until I borderline passed out. Thank God, because I have absolutely no problem and full use of both. I was on a mission to avoid any metals ( titanium, screws, ect...) being put into my body. Both surgeries ( two different docs, two different states) , I had dissolveable pegs and sutures put in. I fear my body rejecting permanent attachments. Just like body piercings, your body is an electrical generator, and certain meridian channels can short circuit when you have certain metals in it.

Hope all goes well for you!

Ouch!

Pain management my friend.

When I severely broke my ankle I went about 2 hours before being seen by a doc, and 2 more until i got any pain meds. The X-ray showed that I almost broke the socket off. Stupid ladders. At least I landed on my feet and not my head.

5 months on crutches (drank coffee almost all the time, don't do this). It took about 4 months until I could tolerate the pain without any Hydrocodone. Took about a year for almost all the pain to go away.

On the the plus side... If your "hurting" it means you're alive.

Here's to a speedy recovery!!!