Glock is the AK of handguns.

YES. Period; Glocks are well known to be the most reliable handgun in the WORLD. Minimal parts, simple construction, octogonal barrel (F rifling, octogonal is tight, accurate, and no land/grooves to maintain), light, etc. It always works, lube or not, maintained or not, ...

I have Barretta's, Colt's, Sig's, Ruger's, Star's, etc. The Glock isn't the most accurate I have, but it's not far behind. However the Glock mixes 100% reliablity with above averge accuracy (I'd take the former before the latter anyway), thus making it the best of both worlds. If my life were to rely on a handgun, it WOULD be a Glock, and ONLY a Glock.

Perhaps I'm biased from my 19 yr old Glock Gen II (bought new) that has THOUSANDS of rounds of through it (more than 5k, I'd guess) with ZERO problems (no FTF, FTE, Stovepipes, etc) and STILL using ALL factory parts (yes, even the magazines, ALL springs, etc). I'd trust that G19 more than ANY firearm I've EVER had (including my AK).

Glocks ARE, without a doubt, THE most reliable auto pistols in the WORLD.

• Like 1

HK is really where is it at. The people that say they are overpriced, have never shot one...

Nah, imo "the people that(sic) say they are overpriced" are fuckin right. :D

If H&K had the balls to make a solid 10mm Auto model, I might be interested.

I have a 2nd gen G21 and a USP 40 the G21 is the better gun. The G21 holds 15+1 rounds and is more accurate. The USP was more expensive and both have 6 inch match barrels. Glocks point just like a Luger P-08 and this is odd for many people. Sorry, but HK's are overpriced and I own many DBBRL guns.

Hey dude, if you're going to try to jack with my grammar, at least make sure I am wrong, lol.

I'll put you down into the "never shot one" camp.

You were wrong. You used "that" when you should have used "who". ;)

Anyway, I have indeed fired a couple over the years. They're nice pistols, but as I said, definitely overpriced.

Glocks are okay, but not my favorite polymer gun. I'm really happy with my Ruger SR9c. Both the wife and I carry these and actually took a course earlier today where they performed flawlessly.

+2 on this!! I have the standard SR9, and it fits my hand WAY better than the Glock. I wouldn't mind a Glock, but they rub my "bird" finger raw on the trigger guard. I've been told "just take your dremmel and work it down to where it fits. I say that the Ruger SR9 is as good of a handgun and fits without rubbing my finger. And talk about accurate!!! My next purchase will be an SR9C after I pick up one of the KHAR CW45's, man those things are SWEET!!!

HK is really where is it at. The people that say they are overpriced, have never shot one.

The USP is about the best service pistol, and the match trigger is nothing but pure sex.

I freehand paper plate sized dingers at 100 yards with my Elite model. Retardedly accurate pistol.

I like my USP compact, and I like my P7 as well.

I bought a USP 40 some years back. It jammed at least once per box of ammo. I sent it back. Called HK 2 months later, was told very arrogantly that there was no way they had gotten to my pistol that quick. The HK Customer Service Fuckhead never even bothered to verify the pistol's status. Made me wonder how many returns they had.

The next day my FFL called, the pistol had arrived, it was indeed ready. I went and picked it up, rushed it to the range. There was a definite difference in the pistol's performance. The USP 40 no longer jammed once a box, now it jammed once a MAG! Very consistent too, really uncanny.

I've bought quite a few guns, before and since. I've had to send a few back. But never have I had worse experience with, or lost as much money on anything as that HK. For a self defense HG, my money is on my Sig 228 or 229. They never fail. Look better, too.

Edited by 1mile50

When did the G21 start holding 15+1? I always thought it was 13+1.

Pearce +2 base plate. Nothing like that available for HK, at least that I know of.

Just curious. I knew the FNP45 had the highest factory capacity at 15+1

• Like 1
Posted Today, 02:17 AM

snapback.pngRedChallenger, on 23 June 2012 - 03:57 AM, said:

Glock is the AK of handguns.YES. Period; Glocks are well known to be the most reliable handgun in the WORLD. Minimal parts, simple construction, octogonal barrel (F rifling, octogonal is tight, accurate, and no land/grooves to maintain), light, etc. It always works, lube or not, maintained or not, ...

I have Barretta's, Colt's, Sig's, Ruger's, Star's, etc. The Glock isn't the most accurate I have, but it's not far behind. However the Glock mixes 100% reliablity with above averge accuracy (I'd take the former before the latter anyway), thus making it the best of both worlds. If my life were to rely on a handgun, it WOULD be a Glock, and ONLY a Glock.

Perhaps I'm biased from my 19 yr old Glock Gen II (bought new) that has THOUSANDS of rounds of through it (more than 5k, I'd guess) with ZERO problems (no FTF, FTE, Stovepipes, etc) and STILL using ALL factory parts (yes, even the magazines, ALL springs, etc). I'd trust that G19 more than ANY firearm I've EVER had (including my AK).

Glocks ARE, without a doubt, THE most reliable auto pistols in the WORLD.

i couldn't agree more. i have shot many many different manufactures guns and while there are many great guns out there, some of which are better than glocks but at a much higher price with minimal return on the investment when compared to a glock. i have a gen 2 17 made in 1989 that has had more than 10 thousand rounds through it and never had a single problem with any ammo that had a good primer, and it is all original no new parts. simply put when you pay approximately 500 cash for a glock everyone knows what they are getting, a gun that has a track record of exceptional performance. the only gripe i have with them is that they don't offer a good p 3at sized pocket pistol.

Edited by rogers

In the military, HK is the shit. As far as the civilian market, they just throw you a bone. Americans would hate a company if they only sold to LE and Military. I have owned a few HK USP pistols and have shot their rifles. They are the ultimate service oriented firearm. They were designed to work well in shitty conditions and never fail. What they give to the American civilian is very limited and I think HK is very foolish and arrogant with this policy.

They cost a lot because they say so. You get what models they say you can have. They could give a shit less about your feedback. They have military testers for that,

I loved my HK weaponry. They are arrogant pricks who make real tactical pistols for people who beat the shit out of them. Be lucky they sell you their pistols, they are doing you a favor! :)

Pearce +2 base plate. Nothing like that available for HK, at least that I know of.

That's a lot of .45 in the grip! One of the many pistols I purchased and sold. What a nightmare. Jams, loose as a goose and it even made noise in transit. So tacticool! LOL

Hey dude, if you're going to try to jack with my grammar, at least make sure I am wrong, lol.

I'll put you down into the "never shot one" camp.

You were wrong. You used "that" when you should have used "who". wink.png

Anyway, I have indeed fired a couple over the years. They're nice pistols, but as I said, definitely overpriced.

Either term is acceptable. Also, I fail to understand how people will plop down 500 for a Glock, but a 700 HK is overpriced.

I can clearly see where the extra money goes.

That's a lot of .45 in the grip! One of the many pistols I purchased and sold. What a nightmare. Jams, loose as a goose and it even made noise in transit. So tacticool! LOL

Every manufacturer has issues with some of their products. My FNP45 has been an exceptional firearm for me, with ~1500 rounds of brass and steel down her throat. I had one Wolf round that hung up in the body of the magazine and caused a failure to feed, the OAL was too long.

• Like 2

In the military, HK is the shit. As far as the civilian market, they just throw you a bone. Americans would hate a company if they only sold to LE and Military. I have owned a few HK USP pistols and have shot their rifles. They are the ultimate service oriented firearm. They were designed to work well in shitty conditions and never fail. What they give to the American civilian is very limited and I think HK is very foolish and arrogant with this policy.

They cost a lot because they say so. You get what models they say you can have. They could give a shit less about your feedback. They have military testers for that,

I loved my HK weaponry. They are arrogant pricks who make real tactical pistols for people who beat the shit out of them. Be lucky they sell you their pistols, they are doing you a favor! smile.png

See my post above. I wouldn't carry a HK if they gave them away.

Edited by 1mile50
  • Like 1

Every manufacturer has issues with some of their products. My FNP45 has been an exceptional firearm for me, with ~1500 rounds of brass and steel down her throat. I had one Wolf round that hung up in the body of the magazine and caused a failure to feed, the OAL was too long.

i have a little over 2k through mine with no issues at all. eats everything i feed it. i rather enjoy mine.

i have a little over 2k through mine with no issues at all. eats everything i feed it. i rather enjoy mine.

I really wanted to enjoy mine. It's ergonomics were spot on. It looked nice but for some reason it just didn't perform. I'm glad you got a good one. I purchased one when they first hit the stores and then the price went down after the initial problems. I'm sure they are refined by now!

I really wanted to enjoy mine. It's ergonomics were spot on. It looked nice but for some reason it just didn't perform. I'm glad you got a good one. I purchased one when they first hit the stores and then the price went down after the initial problems. I'm sure they are refined by now!

im sure they are as well. i love mine. i just wish i would have bought an all black model. at the time all they had were the two tones. mine is very accurate, more so than i am. if i ever get another, it will be the tactical model with the threaded barrel and night sights with the cut-out in the slide for the RMR. mine is an older model as well. i was supprised that mine hasnt had the issues reported when they first came out. glad though.

I don't mind Glocks, they don't fit ergonomically to me. Which is odd cause I have big hands, but to me they are uncomfortable and therefore inaccurate to me.

I chose a XD 40, great gun, have about 1k rounds through it. takes all types of ammo fine, never had a issue yet.

I shot both and shot a lot better with the XD.

I was shooting at a friends house, and handed my gun to a friend. He dropped it in a puddle of mud. I blew through the barrel and loaded a mag and it fired fine.

I do like the HK USP 40, it was really my first choice of pistol, but I wanted the S12 as well, so I bought the XD. So far, two weapons I will trust my life with.

I really like the grip grooves on the sides of the M&P. I also like to have Novak style sights with a bit of a side bulge, that gives a nice knob to grab that beats any texture on an otherwise flat surface.

Since the mid nineties, the manufacturers have put a lot of effort into smoothing most sharp edges and putting contours into the frames. (remember all the "meltdown" customs?) Pity none of them will put a pair of vertical dents into the tail of the slide, so that your fingers pinch into the slide a bit when grabbing. I love the feel of a beretta/ taurus 92 at the contour by the front sight, but I know it is a bad idea to develop a habit of putting my fingers so near the end of the barrel. The metal there is smooth, but with that shape, I will never slip.