So this guy doesn't like Glock's excellent slide finish, (used to be even better, but the new finish is gtg), he's too incompetent to use the standard slide serrations to charge the pistol, and he can't figure out how to grip it properly. :rolleyes:

It's an amusing video, though. :D

I don't worship Glocks, but I do like em. They're great pistols, especially for the price, imo.

• Like 2

i love glocks. i have 2. i also have a sig 226 and an FNH. but if i could only have one, it would be one of my glocks. and tennifer is one of the better finishes available.

while they are'nt for everyone, they are one greatly designed handgun.

this thread has some pretty good info as to how tuff the finish is, especially with salt and freezing temperatures, for those interested. http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=462537

There are so many good guns out there, why should anyone choose one that doesn't feel good in the hand? I don't care for the grip angle of the glocks either or the fat slide. I'd take one if you gave it to me though.

I am glad that they exist to set a benchmark and create a class of light durable plastic pistols, but many of the competitors appeal to me more. I still prefer SA/DA metal frames, but would carry a SA/DA ultra compact plastic gun in 9mm or .380 if someone made one. It just makes me sad that glock kinda drove variety out of the market. Now everything is plastic, about the same shape, size and features as the glock with DAO triggers. Either that or a $1200 1911. I like the concept of limited controls, but can I have nice triggers back? Oh and I don't see how the split trigger enhances safety in any way. anything that would accidentally trip a solid DA trigger would trip that. I think it was just a marketing point to get military and police agencies to buy it since it lacked an external safety. I think DA and no external safety is a practical reflexive combo. I like the Springfeild XD's solution to that issue better though, reflexive activation requiring a firm grip and deliberate trigger pull.

My dad has an Ruger Sp101 .357 that looks good and is well made and reliable, but the ergonomics just don't work for me.

I also agree with what this guy said about the finish, but not just for glocks. I want more shape on the slide to get a good grip. I will never buy a P3at because of how stiff the recoil spring is relative to the gripping surface. My left side is and always will be a bit weak. My PT 92-AF is a little slippery with sweaty hands too, and who knows how bad that would be with blood.

I still prefer SA/DA metal frames, but would carry a SA/DA ultra compact plastic gun in 9mm or .380 if someone made one. It just makes me sad that glock kinda drove variety out of the market. Now everything is plastic, about the same shape, size and features as the glock with DAO triggers. .

i do agree with a lot of your post Gunfun, but i must say, if you miss the SA/DA then look into the FNH line of pistols. i have one of thier 45's that is polymer framed and is SA/DA with an external hammer and decocker, and they ship with 3-15 round mags of .45 auto, and make them im .40 and 9mm.

i like all guns. i dont mind alloy frames, but i dont look down upon polymer.

I will be keeping them in mind.

Don't get me wrong, if you love DAO, go with it. There are some serious advantages to a trigger that can't be fired accidentally and has the same stroke every shot.

I have nothing against others loving the glocks, and could like some of them myself, I just haven't found any that I was excited about yet.

Glock makes a whole line of Toyota Camrys in a bunch of sizes. They all work well, but I don't expect to be thrilled.

• Like 1

I will be keeping them in mind.

Glock makes a whole line of Toyota Camrys in a bunch of sizes. They all work well, but I don't expect to be thrilled.

when did Gaston invest in toyota? horror.gif

j/k

and yes, please do keep them in mind. they make a very nice handgun, and accurate to boot. it was infact their offering in the JCP programme a few years back.

I like the idea of the FN 5-7, but my next buy will be cheap and ultracompact and at least 2 years away. If they had a 12 shot tiny 5.7, I would be looking closely.

As someone who's hands sweat like a motherfucker in the heat out of an outdoor South Carolina range.............his comment on not being able to rack the slide is pretty funny and unfounded, in my experience. Then again, he was weaaring an Aeropostale shirt in that skit. That could account for his lack of strength.nothing.gifbad_smile.gif

Also, the actual grip angle of a Glock is only a cunt-hair different than that of a 1911, which seems to be regarded as the best grip angle ever created by man. It's the hump on the back of the Glock grip that throws people's taste, and sometimes, aim. I'm sort of surprised that no one has come out with an aftermarket grip insert for the Gen 4 Glocks that would mimic a 1911 grip yet. If you look at any of the companies that offer grip reductions/mods, they always offer the service to have the hump removed, so it's definitely a desired mod wanted by many.

I won't say that I put Glocks up on a pedastal, but I'm definitely a big fan. Cheap, accurate, reliable, easy to work on, cheap parts and a huge aftermarket. The ergos work fine for me, so there's no downside to a Glock for me, personally.

All of that being said.........I think the video was funny.

Glocks are ok. The trigger is ok, the look of the gun is ok, the accuracy is ok. I'll probably end up

owning one (I've shot several) someday, and that's fine. I'm not sure I'd call the gun a Toyota Camry,

I think Toyota works on their design aesthetics a bit more than Glock does. Maybe a (pre-suck) Jeep.

I switched from my S&W 5906 to a Glock 17 as my duty weapon in 1993 and never looked back.

That is until the S&W M&P. I have a .45 M&P as my duty gun now and I absolutely love it. It is like a Glock perfected.

Won't get rid of my Glocks though (G17, G23, G27).

Family photo:

Untitled-9.jpg

Edited by RedChallenger

I have a Glock 21 SF but think my Browning Hi-power is a sweeter gun. The Browning handles so nice, has great balance and a little weight to it that counters almost all recoil. I've had it for 25 years and I will never sell it but hand it down to one of my sons when I'm done.

I've only shot a Glock once (in 9mm), and it handled nice.

I know what he means about the slide serrations though, my Taurus PT-111 has the same style and they are awful. Don't ever pay good money for a PT-111 Taurus. I've even thought about burrying it in the backyard.

I'd like to have a compact Glock in .45 for a CCW.

Glocks are okay, but not my favorite polymer gun. I'm really happy with my Ruger SR9c. Both the wife and I carry these and actually took a course earlier today where they performed flawlessly.

• Like 1

HK is really where is it at. The people that say they are overpriced, have never shot one.

The USP is about the best service pistol, and the match trigger is nothing but pure sex.

I freehand paper plate sized dingers at 100 yards with my Elite model. Retardedly accurate pistol.

I like my USP compact, and I like my P7 as well.