• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What NOAA really knows about this Storm.  

Exactly Am I the only one who has noticed every damn hurricane (especially since Katrina) is hyped up by the media to be a huge fucking disaster befor it even hits, regardless of the strength of the

We no longer have news. Now it is "info-tainment". Real, honest news does not turn a profit.

Posted Images

I've been watching the storm footage from space. Lots of chemicals are being used to change it's course. Pretty cool stuff like they use in the grain belt for cloud seeding. I doubt the storm will ever hit us. If it does, G-d wins over man and chemistry. He might let us win this round.

Its only projected to "possibly" be a lvl 1 hurricane by land fall. Not calling it a pansy by all means but thats not a very bad one.

Exactly

Am I the only one who has noticed every damn hurricane (especially since Katrina) is hyped up by the media to be a huge fucking disaster befor it even hits, regardless of the strength of the storm???

I predict a bunch of rain and some wind with local flooding but little to no damage. Im not trying to make it out like its nothing but I dont think its gonna be that bad, however it wouldnt make a good story to just say "it wont be that bad"

The whole Gulf Coast has declared a state of emergency! WTF??

• Like 5

No one wants to be the one responsible for there not being enough preparation so it's about covering your six. But that's how things are these days, every decision is picked apart by the armchair quarterbacks with 20/20 hindsight. I don't mean anyone here, I mean the shit stirrers in the MSM. Scandal sells.

Hugo was a Category 4 when it hit here and of all the preparation I did I'm most thankful for the quart of Popov Vodka I had, it was no night for being stone sober.

While a Category 1 is obviously not as strong don't forget the windspeed range is 74-95 MPH. And winds that strong can do a lot of damage.

I hope it weakens and is nothing more than a tropical storm by landfall. Best of luck to all.

While a Category 1 is obviously not as strong don't forget the windspeed range is 74-95 MPH. And winds that strong can do a lot of damage.

Keep in mind, this storm is moving very slow and is going to dump a lot of rain on its way through. They are saying 2-6 times more rain accumulation than Katrina dumped. Hope the new levees hold up. I was supposed to be in NOLA tonight partying. Had to cancel that and party on Pensacola Beach instead.

Hurricane, it was beeuatiful todaycool.png . Got a decent day on the boat, started getting pretty rough in the intercoastal on the way back. It looks like its gonna hit somewhere between us and you Chile. Should'nt be too bad though. Hope all is well on your side of the bay!

I know exactly where you are. LOL

Rain is going to be of Biblical proportions... Up to 17" expected in the LA Delta and 12" in SW AL, by Saturday.

Nice thing will be if it flows straight up the Mississippi River Valley into the Midwest, they REALLY need the rain.

Isaac_rainfall.gif

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 2

I am in West Palm Beach Fl I dont have a Truck to leave my property. I missed work yesterday and missing work today. I would not want to be in La. My kids in the johnboat. The water is much higher this morning. We did not get any of the Hurrican only the outer rain bands, and this is what happened, if I were in La, I would be evacuating.

post-22569-0-33076800-1346151727_thumb.jpg

post-22569-0-89267600-1346151827_thumb.jpg

post-22569-0-40630800-1346151921_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sumsky

Am I the only one who has noticed every damn hurricane (especially since Katrina) is hyped up by the media to be a huge fucking disaster befor it even hits, regardless of the strength of the storm???

The media does that with everything these days. Almost like they want to create more panic so they can get an even better story when the sheep lose it. I am all for free press, but it is getting pretty sad.

• Like 2

It's an election year so the media will hype this up as much as possible until it dies out and hits like a normal tropical storm.

Obama will claim a victory for fema and praise himself on what a great job they did saving lives during a storm that was probably classified much higher than it really was.

I'm hoping it turns out to be a dud and nobody gets hurt. It will be funny to watch the politicians claim how big brother saved us all.

• Like 2

It's an election year so the media will hype this up as much as possible until it dies out and hits like a normal tropical storm.

Obama will claim a victory for fema and praise himself on what a great job they did saving lives during a storm that was probably classified much higher than it really was.

I'm hoping it turns out to be a dud and nobody gets hurt. It will be funny to watch the politicians claim how big brother saved us all.

ya they must have a hurricane off button now right

that was my fav conspiracty theory from katrina...

Edited by Syndicate

Damn, I'm planning on going shooting on Sunday, y'all keep the rain down there till after that...

My sis in law lives a little north of Gulfport MS and posted that they were all set except she forgot to get chocolate so she had ot hurry and whip up a chocolate sheet cake with chocolate fudge icing...lol

Well... This morning my company asked me how worried I was about my family and the storm.

Living in Mobile, and knowing that for us it would be limited to Tropical Storm winds, hell'acious rain, flooding in low lying areas and a few tornados, I told them not too worried.

They said they'd rather I keep the truck up in Central AL, rather than risk getting blown over ( a very real possibility) trying to get home this evening.

So, here I sit in Greenville, AL at the Quality Inn, with instructions to wait for Issac to blow through.

The sun is still shining, it is warm, there is a nice breeze and the pool is packed with bikinis. bad_smile.gif

• Like 1

its all good here in the quarter

What's it like today since it stalled out? Looks like a good pounding of rain and wind until Thursday. (I was supposed to be there Tuesday night). Still thinking of coming later this week though.