Come one come all! This should make your day. 021.gif

Let the dead horse beating begin...lol. deadhorse.gif

Last week at the range, while running some rounds through various mags, I tried a 10 rd Promag full of low brass, after using the same mag with no failures only a few days prior.... suddenly got an FTF in my normally 100% reliable shotgun. Pulled the bolt back to inspect the prob. Shells not even trying to come up to the top in the mag. Hmmm, not the usual problem binding because they fell right out with mag removed and turned upside down.

Removed floor plate and no spring pressure still, even out the bottom.

Y'all ready?? Oh you're gonna love this one. 018.gifhaha.gif021.gif

post-1293-0-90607200-1346039327_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-67410700-1346039337_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

That particular time maybe one or two before FTF. Before that it's always been reliable with low brass. I PMed the guy I bought the mag from to ask if he could think of anything out of the ordinary (salt water or other corrosives...) with it when he had it.

No big deal really, I'll just call em and get another one shipped to replace it. Figured this was worth sharing though. Had some AGPs that the springs rusted on just sitting on the shelf, so it's not that uncommon really, or only happens with Promags. AK mag springs can also rust. Anyone with a damp environment or who's mags have been in one for any time, should visually inspect their mag springs from time to time and spray them down with silicone or WD-40, ...something. Otherwise you won't know until it self destructs. This spring seemed fine, and the mag fed fine right up until total failure.

Come one come all! This should make your day. 021.gif

Let the dead horse beating begin...lol. deadhorse.gif

Last week at the range, while running some rounds through various mags, I tried a 10 rd Promag full of low brass, after using the same mag with no failures only a few days prior.... suddenly got an FTF in my normally 100% reliable shotgun. Pulled the bolt back to inspect the prob. Shells not even trying to come up to the top in the mag. Hmmm, not the usual problem binding because they fell right out with mag removed and turned upside down.

Removed floor plate and no spring pressure still, even out the bottom.

Y'all ready?? Oh you're gonna love this one. 018.gifhaha.gif021.gif

post-1293-0-90607200-1346039327_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-67410700-1346039337_thumb.jpg

LOL. Man being a new guy am I glad I went with SGM and MD Arms

I've owned 8 of the 9 I have for nearly four years. All these mags need is a quality spring.

Sadly there are countless other mags out there for other weapons that are the same way.Never understood why someone would spend all that time and money on tooling to make a magazine then cheap out on the spring.A few more cents and you could have a item that is fantastic.

• Like 3

I thought you had one for the bathroom door.

LMAO!! Yep you guessed it... well close anyway. I have one holding the bedroom door open, and one in my office...lol

It's probably better suited for the bathroom, I bet it's big enough around to make a toilet lid...

I love my promag 20 round drum. O have had it for about a year put 500 rounds through it my buddies gave me hell for buying it until I did a 20 round mag dump in under 5 seconds three times in a row no failures. Most of the time newbies don't realize it's a tuning problem in the gun not the mag.