Wal-mart never again! its what I get for going in the first place

I swore off wal mart a long time ago. I hate dealing with idiots and liars. Well I broke down and ran to wal mart the other day to prepare for shooting my VEPR and grab a bulk pack of 12 gauge.

Well it was 20 gauge. I went back and checked. Yep the idiots have the 20 gauge in the 12 gauge spot....sigh

Go out get the ammo and explain to customer service. Well long story short. After speaking to 3 different "managers" and being told 4 different reasons for not being able to return it I was asked to leave the store...lmao really. I did tell them i was getting tired of being lied to because I was told 4 different things already and i wanted them to get corporate on the phone.

So I cant exchange it for the right stuff. Now Im stuck with shitty 20 gauge and it was their fault. ya I should have double checked it. But I expect things to be labeled correctly i guess. I was told first it was state law, then was told it was an atf regulation that no ammunition can be returned. So why does academy accept returns? well the i was told it was store policy and ATF regulations. They also told me it was state law at some point. wtf.

Well thats what I get for going back on my word i guess. Karma is a bitch, never again for Shitmart. If i wasnt a better person Id go in there once a week and "accidentally" knock over that damn fruit cart.

bastards.....uh sorry im pissed.

Now let me have it. I know i deserve it.

Edited by Chevyman097

I've done similar but caught it while standing in line at the one register that was open while a dozen employees stood around yaking. I did complain. That said ours has some pretty good people working in that section now.

I think we know what Chevy will be "paying forward" with now greedy.gif We have ours in locked glass here. If there was an issue like this I would imagine a similar outcome, although it would be their fault. Walmart is just a bunch of dicks. Sucks to have to shop there but most everywhere else isn't affordable anymore

Comes under the category of shit happens. While part of me understands the reluctance to take ammo back for some reasons like it could be some ones dangerous reloads it’s still aggravating.

Had a guy hand me 327s after he dropped them in a bag when I asked for 357s and I almost paid walked out with them.

Saw a guy at a match show up with 222s not 223s he’d picked up in a hurry.

as you said, Academy has it! like i always say, Academy has faster ammo for a cheaper price! and its less distance from tjhe parking lot to the ammo aisle, and there is 900% less spankings and dip spitting goin on in Academy, PLUUUUUUUUUUSSSSS, the lines are way shorter!

Everytime I buy ammo at Academy, withot fail they inform the customer ammo is not returnable.

i have never been told that, in the stores up here in OK that is, and i have bought from all 4 before

• Like 1

I'm with Walmart on this one, Accepting returns on ammo would be a very big mistake, no exceptions! Think of all the dirt bags out there (not you) that could and would abuse that policy and end up putting other peoples lives at risk by using junk ammo. (ammo exposed to moisture, tampered with, etc.)

Like the other guy said now you need to buy a 20ga :)

• Like 1

So it is Walmart's fault you can't read?015.gif

Sorry dude, the boxes are clearly labeled and the liability of selling used ammo is way too high. I can't think of any place that takes returns on ammo and if I knew of a place that I sure as shit wouldn't be buying from them. New means new. It doesn't mean previously returned because some non-reading dumbass took it home and then brought it back.

• Like 2

as you said, Academy has it! like i always say, Academy has faster ammo for a cheaper price! and its less distance from tjhe parking lot to the ammo aisle, and there is 900% less spankings and dip spitting goin on in Academy, PLUUUUUUUUUUSSSSS, the lines are way shorter!

Everytime I buy ammo at Academy, withot fail they inform the customer ammo is not returnable.

i have never been told that, in the stores up here in OK that is, and i have bought from all 4 before

I have never seen academy refuse ammo returns. In fact I have purchased discounted ammo from my store because it was a return. They always have a stack at the gun counter that is marked down.

So it is Walmart's fault you can't read?015.gif

Sorry dude, the boxes are clearly labeled and the liability of selling used ammo is way too high. I can't think of any place that takes returns on ammo and if I knew of a place that I sure as shit wouldn't be buying from them. New means new. It doesn't mean previously returned because some non-reading dumbass took it home and then brought it back.

Kinda, but honestly its my fault for trusting the dip shit that obviously couldnt put it on the shelf in the right place. I know its hard to scan all those labels and get them sorted out. I should apply at wal mart seeing as I actually gradiaded hi skool and probably can oporait the labal printor.

Funny thing is. Wal mart will practically accept any returns. You can probably return used toilet paper and shitty diapers. but not unopened ammo! because the ATF said so. You missed the part where they lied to me i guess. The ammo isnt a huge deal. The fact that they out right lie because they dont know their asshole from a hole in the ground is pathetic.

I have a couple of 100 packs sitting in my ammo storage cabinet that were mistaken for 12 ga..... once by me while in a hurry and grabbing the wrong one, the other was picked up by a friend on his way out with his boy to try out some 12 ga fun. Unfortunately we didn't know until it was too late... Either way, I always double check now when I'm there because it is sometimes on the wrong shelf. Fortunately it's not a waste because my S-20 is a hungry beast as well. :)

• Like 1

Coke is in a RED carton. Diet Coke is in a SILVER carton.

Budweiser is in a WHITE can. Bud light is in a BLUE can.

See the pattern here?

Walmart sucks, true enough. But some of the confusion falls back to the manufacturer for making identical packaging for both calibers.

Bastids!!

• Like 3

Wal-Mart has retarded ammo rules. If I buy ammo at my local W: it's locked up in a cabinet, they have to unlock it and get it for me (can't reach in and grab it myself), then I have to pay for it at the sporting goods counter. I can't take it with me and pay for it at the main checkout. Ironically, I can pay for it there, and then continue shopping for something else. The rule makes no sense.

This is why the only things I'll generally buy at Wal-Mart are engine oil and ammo. The ONLY reason I buy ammo there is that they routinely carry Tulammo 7.62x39 and .223 for nearly wholesale cost. They don't get my money for shit else.

Oh yeah, one time I asked to buy ten boxes of that Tulammo .223, and the lady at the sporting goods counter said to me, "I hope that's not the only thing you came in for today." This was right after the Aurora shooting.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 2

I bought a 54 cal. muzzle loader ONCE years ago, sealed in the box! Get it home and half the parts are missing and there are scratches and marks on it. I drove straight back to the store with it, they say NO RETURNS ON GUN PURCHASES, we can send it in for repair. After arguing for nearly an hour with various dufasses I went ballistic in their store. The store manager finally got involved and did eventually give me a refund. I have bought amunition there but it does scare me, they accept seconds and defective product from vendors in order to get " the cheapest shit".

• Like 3

Wal-Mart has retarded ammo rules. If I buy ammo at my local W: it's locked up in a cabinet, they have to unlock it and get it for me (can't reach in and grab it myself), then I have to pay for it at the sporting goods counter. I can't take it with me and pay for it at the main checkout. Ironically, I can pay for it there, and then continue shopping for something else. The rule makes no sense.

I was in for some Tula x39 one time and had to wait for a douche with the sporting goods keys to show. When they finally sent someone it was a spanish guy that clearly was like a janitor or something (didnt know how to operate the lock, keys, slide lock off glass) well so I ask for what I'm getting, he hands me the 5 boxes of x39 and walks off. A very BIG NO-NO in Mass. Well I walk up to a register, pay. Contact Wally to tell them. Got a call abck in a few days from the manager about how disturbed he was over my wait time and the illegal handling of ammo according to state law. Never got a gift card or anything. I shoulda contacted the state

Our Walmart is fine in the ammo dept.

As for the "dipshit" stocking the shelf wrong... The people the have stocking the shelves are told to make the product go out whether it fits or not. Make it go even if it's in the wrong spot. Then, someone else, another supervisor, comes along and rips their ass for putting it in the wrong spot.

Most of the time, the people stocking the shelves are also having to put merch out in 2-3 other departments that they may not even work in. Walmart expects people to do the work of multiple people, it's never enough, and they treat their "associates" like shit.

Yeah I know. They're free to quit any time. A lot of them are stuck in a spot where they make just enough money that they couldn't afford the pay cut to start somewhere else. That's IF there is anywhere near them that can afford to hire anyone. Add in a farther drive with a likely pay cut and it's better to just deal with the shit and stay at Walmart... At least it seems that way. Places like where I live, there aren't many jobs around here that'll pay a comparable wage.

The people you see standing around talking not doing anything... Most likely CSMs or assistant MGRs.

I hate having to deal with the shit at Walmart too. But maybe the dipshit that fucked up your day, was dealing with his day being fucked even worse.

The people you see standing around talking not doing anything... Most likely CSMs or assistant MGRs.

I hate having to deal with the shit at Walmart too. But maybe the dipshit that fucked up your day, was dealing with his day being fucked even worse.

This is really what it boils down to. The CSMs are the ones that failed here. The whole point is how the idiots in customer service dont know shit so they lied to me like i was an idiot and wouldnt know they were bullshitting me.

This is really what it boils down to. The CSMs are the ones that failed here. The whole point is how the idiots in customer service dont know shit so they lied to me like i was an idiot and wouldnt know they were bullshitting me.

Yeah you're right. None of them really know exactly what the rules are. Each one you talked to told you their own version of what they'd been told, to try and get you to just go away so they don't have to deal with it. All they really know, is that they'll get an ass ripping or fired if they let someone return it.

Walmart truly does blow goats... But unfortunately, they've killed any competition here. LGS's sell ammo at 150%-200% of what Walmart does... And no bulk 12g...

Nobody in that store including the top manager cares if you are a happy customer or if you ever come back. They only care if they are following every rule on the books so they don't get fired. You are just an annoyance that needs to be gotten rid of so they can get on to the next shmoe standing in line or take their ten minute break. There is a price to pay for low prices and one of them is low priced employees.
  • Like 2

I went into Walmart about 2am one Sunday Morning and picked up 8 Federal Value Packs. These are kept unlocked in the Walmarts around here, and this particular Walmart at least doesn't give a shit when you buy it. Walk around a Walmart with 800 rounds of 12 ga in you cart at 2am, even the wee hour freaks give you a wide berth.haha.gif

Anyway, I fucked up somehow and 2 of them were 20 ga. I went back the next day. It took some wrangling, but I was able to exchange them.

• Like 1