North Korea says it's in a state of war with the South. In know that the Korean war never really ended with a peace treaty, but this is a new development. Hard to know if they're just trying to get attention, or if the new leader is really crazy enough to go to war.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/30/north-korea-says-it-in-state-war-with-south-korea/

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If the did nuke LA, would it be Mexico's responsibility to respond?

"Let me be clear, America will not hesitate to send a strongly worded letter through the appropriate 3rd party. Also, I say to my detractors, again, Michelle is just big boned. My detractors say, 'Mr.

Posted Images

It might be a bad thing if Odumma has to pull the nuke trigger on NK! He might think it too easy for getting rid of his enemies!

But at least left coast won't be there to support his ass! Although, their plan of nuking Austin Texas would be a mistake! That would just piss the wrong people off! They'd open a real can of whoopass if they did that!

But in SK, I'd be scarred shitless right now! NK has 62 artillery pieces per mile of border with SK. That would stop any advance, as you cannot advance against artillery....PERIOD! Even with half of those guns on the move at any one time, there's not much ability to defend anything. Only effective counter-battery and air/missile strikes can do anything. And most of that will be needed for anti-armor and air-superiority needs first.

The weakest link will be NK's supply chain, and how fast they can resupply the guns. Break the supply chain, and everything comes to a halt. A modern military needs beans, bullets, and fuel. Cut any of those 3, and everything comes to a halt. We saw it happen to us in Iraq...TWICE! Both times we outran our supply, and had to slow the offensive down. If we can hit their supply lines hard, we can grind the NK army to a halt.

It's pretty bad when the Defense Sec. wants to consult with the EPA before putting defense missles in Alaska.

This country is really f*cked up at the moment. The information starved and clueless individuals that put this nut in office, will be the first to perish when SHTF.

Edited by yakdung
The little dipstick now running the country is amusing to watch. For the brave men that died fighting these idiots, we need to finish the job. Turn the north into a sheet of glass.

I'm all for turning NK, Iran, ect... into sheets of glass, but the only thing that worries me is nuclear winter. Dropping a bunch (I'm thinking we'd have to drop a bunch, not just a few) of nukes on these bastards would blockout the sun over here for a long, long time, and everyone would have to be on Prozac, because everyone will be depressed with no sun shining that long.

Oh, and our/ the worlds crops would be in some serious shit. Then we'll starve, and get sick when we take our Prozac, because you can't take Prozac on an empty stomach.

• Like 3

The North Koreans are like the whiny little kid of your next door neighbors. The less heard from them the better. Let them eat their tanks and tractors during the next famine. Really, who gives a crap about them?

Let the Chinese worry about them. If they ever invade the South they will be punted back across the border in short order. Till then its just like a plea for attention from a snotty little punk kid. If the world imposed a media blackout on them I doubt we would even know they existed...

Edited by Jpanzer
  • Like 1

^ agreed.

NK will do nothing. Why?

1. China will blast their asses for disrupting the Asian region economy

2. South Korea has an incredibly well-trained and equipped conventional military that will stomp NK's any day of the week in a direct conflict - the only real theat is artillery damage to Seoul.

3. Any nuclear attack is likely to result in the complete, unrestricted flattening of NK.

4. Any attack of any kind at all means the possibility of NK's elite losing the slim incoming trickle of resources necessary to maintain their posh lifestyle.

Sadly, the only way the NK regime will ever fall is if A ) the people finally rise up and defeat them, or B ) the government finally capitulates and decides that KP reunification is in their best interest. I can't think of which of the two is less likely to happen.

Personally, I think the best international policy towards NK is to cut all aid and allow either A or B to occur naturally. I just know how terrible that will be for the people of NK who have no choice but to suffer.

I know a guy who was a merchant marine on board some of the aid shipments to NK in the 90s. He watched from the ship as the grain they delivered was immediately seized by the military right off of the docks. It's amazing to me that we still bother to give aid to these idiots.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 4

I believe the calculation on the US's part, it is trying to get Dipstick to goof and make a wrong calculation. Wouldn't take much to neuter NK. I find it interesting that when the US elects weak leaders, The tyrants of the world get louder and louder. China and Russia could fix this problem, but choose not to. Too much fun for them to sit back and poke a stick in the eye of the US. Don't buy into the bullshit you see on TV. Consider this article from Jane's Defense Weekly:

http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com/2013/03/28/no-north-korea-cant-hit-hawaii/

Edited by yakdung

We don't even need to break out the nukes for a long while, even if we do have to give the snotty neighbor kid a black eye...

We have Stealth Bombers with MOAB's, cruise missles, and an array of highly-efficient ass-kickery available to play with! :D

Just wait 'till the next big military parade in the main square of Ho-Hum City, and drop a MOAB on each street corner.

It's pretty bad when the Defense Sec. wants to consult with the EPA before putting defense missles in Alaska.

This country is really f*cked up at the moment. The information starved and clueless individuals that put this nut in office, will be the first to perish when SHTF.

I think information ignorant is a more appropriate way to put it.

• Like 3
We don't even need to break out the nukes for a long while, even if we do have to give the snotty neighbor kid a black eye...

We have Stealth Bombers with MOAB's, cruise missles, and an array of highly-efficient ass-kickery available to play with! biggrin.png

Just wait 'till the next big military parade in the main square of Ho-Hum City, and drop a MOAB on each street corner.

This would also be good for the economy.....replacing bombs and missles is big business in this country.

Tomahawk cruise missile costs US$1,410,000.

I feel bad for the brain washed people living in that country. They have a bigger idiot in charge than we do......

The little dipstick now running the country is amusing to watch. For the brave men that died fighting these idiots, we need to finish the job. Turn the north into a sheet of glass.

I'm all for turning NK, Iran, ect... into sheets of glass, but the only thing that worries me is nuclear winter. Dropping a bunch (I'm thinking we'd have to drop a bunch, not just a few) of nukes on these bastards would blockout the sun over here for a long, long time, and everyone would have to be on Prozac, because everyone will be depressed with no sun shining that long.

Oh, and our/ the worlds crops would be in some serious shit. Then we'll starve, and get sick when we take our Prozac, because you can't take Prozac on an empty stomach.

If you take tranqs first, your stomach won't be empty!

• Like 1

How can NK not love the US - with epidemic obesity, rampant unemployment, welfare for the too lazy to work, and now gay marriage this is the greatest country on earth. All we need now is $5 gas and 50 million new citizens and it will be first rate utopia.

Personally I think NK wants an official treaty ending the Korean War giving them broader economic participation in the Asian economy. The NKs are correct in that the war never officially ended. The NIKs would benefit extensively from an economically, although politically, divided Korea.

The problem is going to be with China backing them up, like they always do.

I'm worried about that too, but I would think at some point China would be sick of their shit.

Make no mistake, China is NK's handler.

We have Stealth Bombers with MOAB's, cruise missles, and an array of highly-efficient ass-kickery available to play with! biggrin.png

The MOAB is actually dropped by a C-130 - not a stealth bomber so much as an airborne bus.

NK is posturing. If they ever detonated a nuclear weapon offensively, China and/or Russia would squash them without hesitation.

Nobody wants to deal with nuclear fallout. China is pretty pissed that NK developed nuclear weapons in the first place - actually using them, that close to both China and Russia, would instantly and permanently change how both countries felt about NK.

NK has enough artillery to fuck up Seoul pretty badly - before the better-trained, better-equipped SK army backed up by its American allies deployed and annihilated the invasion forces. There's no way the younger Kim drank enough of the Kool-Aid to believe invading SK or detonating a nuclear weapon would result in anything but the destruction of the DPRK.

The MOAB is actually 22k lbs. They tested a bigger one here not too long ago. When we started dropping 15k lb "Daisy Cutters" on cave complexes in Afghanistan, the Canadians thought we were using tactical nukes. I guess we just deployed some F-22 Raptors to SK to participate in an "exercise".