I carry a small pouch with a plugged/painted M26 practice grenade.  Is it live, or just Memorex?  A toss WILL make them dive for cover.

Only a fool would shoot a man that has a grenade, especially when they're within the burst radius! 

I have to say, that only a fool would carry a fake grenade. If your going to pack that kinda heat, better make sure its legit.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you keep at least one weapon on you or near you at all times even at home? I know I do because ya just never know. There isn't a place in my home where I can't lay my hands on a loaded or edged wea

Pressure cooker, backpack, domestic terrorism...  The NSA can eat my shit. You fuckers already consider half the population potential domestic terrorists, and I know I have to be on that list.   Wh

"Loose lips sinks ships" -- since all this is considered metadata (for those in the know, please ponder for a while...) I choose to keep things as a surprise.

Posted Images

To the OP. I have safes in rooms on opposite sides of the house stocked with ready to rock goodies. In between are numerous handguns stashed to fight or retreat my way to the longguns. Plus I have an EDC on when clothed anyway. No little kids, mine are both grown and know where protection is hiding if they are home visiting.

• Like 1

I carry a small pouch with a plugged/painted M26 practice grenade.  Is it live, or just Memorex?  A toss WILL make them dive for cover.

Only a fool would shoot a man that has a grenade, especially when they're within the burst radius! 

The problem is that scare tactics don't work against meth heads and psychos. They don't care. They will call your bluff every time, that is if they even realize what you're trying to do. Don't even waste your time and get yourself killed fucking around like that.

• Like 1

People that live out in the boonies like that are more vulnerable to break ins than city folk with neighbors all around.

If I were to live out in the sticks like that I would build me a brick house with 1 or 2 reinforced barred windows and a reinforced

metal door & jam.

Edited by SHOTGUN MESIAH

One hell of a mute button huh macbeau!

All of this home defense talk has me wanting to ask a question... as a father of a 2 month old, it wont be long before i have to keep arms under lock and key. Any suggestions for keeping a gun at the ready with a kid in the house? Short of getting really good at using a key fast? I will teach my kid to respect firearms and gun safety but i was wondering if there was another option in regards to being quickly able to deploy a gun in a home setting with a kid just in case of shit. Any thoughts?

I carry "pouched" to keep little eyes and fingers from being too curious. Esp around my grandkids. Besides it keeps dumbasses from panicking and getting me shot by the cops. For awhile you can keep things up high, but that only last so long and changes when you least expect it. Best bet may be those little biometric safes now days. We didn't have them when mine was little.

I have roommates, and I occupy the master suite - so the only bathroom I use is within my bedroom - when I'm in the restroom, my bedroom door is closed and locked - I don't always feel like closing or locking the bathroom door. Sometimes there's a pistol in a drawer in the bathroom, but there's always at least one on or in my bedside table.

• Like 1

I still have teenagers in the house.  While they are trained to use the weapons safely, I do not trust the hormones of a teenage boy.  All my guns are safed.  But I just about always have a pistol on or very close to me.

• Like 1

Think it can't happen to you?

THIS!! Take notes on what happened here, and how it happened. If the criminal(s) have time, they will dump EVERYTHING! All the "clever hiding places" won't count for shit when the house gets tossed. They don't care how neat things are, or how expensive something is, they will just dump it.

I lived in an apartment years ago, and it got cleaned-out when I was out of town. I did get 95% of my stuff back, including the Ruger SP-101 that was "carefully hidden."

I would point out that he told the Police he had already searched the house and no one was found inside, so they would not be in a particular rush to get there. If he called from outside the house and said bad guys were still in the house, I betcha they would have been there ASAP! That would still take a few minutes, at least though.

I have a German Shepherd that will tear your throat out if you are not introduced and he doesn't know your scent. This allows me time to grap a pistol from a push button safe located in two areas of the home. I have kids and can't leave them out.

I highly doubt I will have a home invasion here but it is nice to have a pistol at the ready. It takes about a minute for me to get to a rifle in the safe in case we have a grizzly or wolf in the area.

Dogs are great for home invasions! :)

Think it can't happen to you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6KB7BmtBAE

private video link :(

I carry a small pouch with a plugged/painted M26 practice grenade. Is it live, or just Memorex? A toss WILL make them dive for cover.

Good luck with that bullshit tactic. If you think you can retrieve a grenade from a pouch, gain a positive grip on the spoon, and pull a pin quicker than someone drawing a handgun....then throw it?...

Do you practice your grenade extraction and employment often?

In my mind set, if you arm and chuck a grenade at me, shit just got real and you are going to inherit a controlled pair in your chest before I go prone. Even if I get to prone, chances are a live one cooking off will still incapacitate me so I might as well make sure you are incapacited beforehand.

+1 just buying a few more seconds before you get shot or no time at all.

Any good service pistol/rifle/shotgun should do fine for home defense depending on scenario and environment, I prefer a pistol for investigating and a shotgun for when you here the door being broken in, assuming that you can even get on the property without my dog alerting me, he only barks when some shit is about to happen, You still have to break through alot of overbuilt shit to get in. I do keep a rifle at the ready as well but it is the last thing I would grab, 7+1 of 12 gauge in my benelli supernova tac. is more than capable of stopping 99.9% of threats and there is nothing more demoralizing at close quarters than a 12 gauge shotgun and they are cheap and effective.

I carry a small pouch with a plugged/painted M26 practice grenade. Is it live, or just Memorex? A toss WILL make them dive for cover.

Good luck with that bullshit tactic. If you think you can retrieve a grenade from a pouch, gain a positive grip on the spoon, and pull a pin quicker than someone drawing a handgun....then throw it?...

Do you practice your grenade extraction and employment often?

In my mind set, if you arm and chuck a grenade at me, shit just got real and you are going to inherit a controlled pair in your chest before I go prone. Even if I get to prone, chances are a live one cooking off will still incapacitate me so I might as well make sure you are incapacited beforehand.

+1 just buying a few more seconds before you get shot or no time at all.

Any good service pistol/rifle/shotgun should do fine for home defense depending on scenario and environment, I prefer a pistol for investigating and a shotgun for when you here the door being broken in, assuming that you can even get on the property without my dog alerting me, he only barks when some shit is about to happen, You still have to break through alot of overbuilt shit to get in. I do keep a rifle at the ready as well but it is the last thing I would grab, 7+1 of 12 gauge in my benelli supernova tac. is more than capable of stopping 99.9% of threats and there is nothing more demoralizing at close quarters than a 12 gauge shotgun and they are cheap and effective.

So you concur with carrying a dummy grenade to buy yourself time to get to a firearm? Just have the damn firearm accessible.

I have a German Shepherd that will tear your throat out if you are not introduced and he doesn't know your scent. This allows me time to grap a pistol from a push button safe located in two areas of the home. I have kids and can't leave them out.

I highly doubt I will have a home invasion here but it is nice to have a pistol at the ready. It takes about a minute for me to get to a rifle in the safe in case we have a grizzly or wolf in the area.

Dogs are great for home invasions! smile.png

Oh without a doubt good dogs are the best deterrent.  Most people won't even come in my driveway with my 125 lb Shepherd out front. God help em if they sneak in and have to meet him by surprise....lol! Still like to keep weapons all over the house and on my person though. It was fun hanging up one of my AKs in the bathroom and I hope I never need it, but it's there if I do!  smile.png

Also wanted to add it's very useful to have a good video home security system. You can even check out all your cameras from a cell phone anywhere, even away from home, and it's all recorded.

• Like 1

When I'm home (and especially inside which this thread is about actually) there are enough weapons around that I won't be caught by surprise while chillin in here with my furry friends. So we can protect each other. Much the same I'm sure with families who have older kids trained well. When I'm not home however, I know my home is safe with my guardian / buddy here and a home security system. Went to town yesterday with a friend and here they were faithfully on duty when we drove back up a few hours later. Friends who have come by when I'm not here and who even know my dogs well, have told me Max wouldn't let them out of the car...lol. Now the cat (Saiga) is an evil little bastard too so ya gotta watch his ass he's unpredictable......horror.gif

post-1293-0-17820800-1391016946_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-20582900-1391016987_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Security against home invasion is a real issue (a co-worker was a victim of a home invasion robbery last year) but the most likely danger is burglery. 

As most of you I am covered if I'm home.  I have the means, the skill, and the determination to ruin your day if you come in my home uninvited. 

But being protected when you're not home is equally important.  A security system is a must, whether that system be electronic or quadrupedal.

• Like 2

Eh, there are some small wildcats that are trustworthy, make decent pets, and will rip the throat out of an intruder. Servals make great, extremely loyal pets - if you know how to handle them. Illegal in many jurisdictions, though.

• Like 2

Eh, there are some small wildcats that are trustworthy, make decent pets, and will rip the throat out of an intruder. Servals make great, extremely loyal pets - if you know how to handle them. Illegal in many jurisdictions, though.

Oh yes definitely the Serval is a baddass MF'r! Not too small to do serious harm too. I like watching vids of them leaping up and knocking down as many birds as possible out of a scattering flock. Awesome cats.

• Like 1

The funny part about all of this, is the invader will be thinking I got this. While the defender will be thinking I got this. In all cases someone will be right and someone will be wrong (Damn that sounds cheesy).

Bottom line do the best you can with what you have to offer. Knowing some of the people on this board, the invader is in for a rude and short lived surprise.......

• Like 2

Oh yes definitely the Serval is a baddass MF'r! Not too small to do serious harm too. I like watching vids of them leaping up and knocking down as many birds as possible out of a scattering flock. Awesome cats.

But MAN their piss smells terrible. I live in a state where they are, sadly, illegal. Everything is legit by state law except for bears and big cats.