Made it thru!!! 

Today the house in MD finally sold!

I am now a Born Again Texan!!! Damn free air smells good.

every thing that could fuck-up did and more  BUT finally the stars or whatever lined up and I am FREE of the liberal tax HELL called Maryland. Thursday I sign the final papers to have the new house built here on my land. In the mean time we are living in our camper and counting our blessings!

We have been here in TX since last Wed, . but did not feel free until the MD  house closed because that has already fucked up before. Now the old mortgage is payed off and the title is in someone elses name. NO MORE RAIN TAX NO MORE SEWER TAX ON MY SEPTIC!!!

I might be a little giddy hell I am as giddy as a school girl after her first kiss! 

Tomorrow I start clearing the land.  8 to 12 weeks from now we will be in the new house. Never had a brand new custom house before. Never had a house that wasn't a fixer upper before. Kinda think I might like it - A LOT!

• Like 15

Congrats on the escape from Hell!

Best wishes in starting y'alls new life.

they tax your septic system?

Liberals can, will & do tax anything & everything they possibly can.

But to be fair, so will so-called Conservative Republicans.

Edited by ChileRelleno

Glad to hear it finally is working out for you. When I see what others go through, I repeat to myself, "I have no problems". You HAVE been through hell, I don't think I would have been that composed at times. What's the plumbing going to be, copper, plastic, or PEX? Just nosey.

Congratulations      Help all the other  Texans keep that state free now PLEASE    YOU GUYS ARE A TARGET RGHT NOW FOR THE LIBS. Everyone is moving to there cuase its a great state, but they are slowly making it, and the laws like where they just left. 

Hello, GOB

Ditto what shankkole said, we need all y'all with guns moving here to offset the libturds from new yawk and cali.

Need to make multiple gun ownership a requirement for a fuckin' TX drivers license.

Maybe the true anti-gunners would accidently shoot themselves.....

Welcome, and enjoy the freedom and the space. Get a CHL if you don't already have one (and your wife, if you have one of those)

There's a reason stupid shit like "the knockout game" doesn't happen down here, that's because approx. 30% of us are constantly armed.

The Castle Doctrine is a good thing to know about.

The best,

Guido in Houston

they tax your septic system?

Yes, Maryland has a sanitary comision tax on SEPTIC tanks, and they recently doubled it! They also tax every drop of rain that falls on your land.

For the time being, call me Grinning Old Bastard!

• Like 2

After the democrats in Jefferson county (AL) spent (stole) $2 billion for a new sewer system, lots of politicians and contractors went to prison, the county was forced to declare bankruptcy, and sewer rates tripled to quadrupled. Some residents were getting sewer bills that were over $300 bucks. As a result, many said screw this and installed septic tanks. The county tried to force those with septic tanks, even those who had them before the bankruptcy to pay for sewer. Thankfully it was overturned in court. This is the result everywhere democrats are elected and hold power, even in deeply red, freedom loving states.

I don't even know what to say when a government can tax rainfall on your property. It is like an episode of the Twilight Zone. Glad you are out.

• Like 1

Finally, someone talks about getting the hell out and actually does it BIG! Congrats!  Now live life like our forefathers intended. I know you have to be extremely excited now that you could probably buy a few more firearms a year on the money you will save in taxes. Enjoy!

I will be taking pics as I go, but it will be some time before I can post them, as I am down to just a cheap chrome book - the computer took a crap in hell last November!

The new house should be ready March and then I will buy a new 'puter for a house warming present to myself!!