Have you ever found something you forgot bought or had ?

I was doing some foundation work on my mothers house , and my wife was digging thru the kid's clothes as we live on a farm right next door , and she said I found some 22 bullets . I am thinking these are older than I am , so I say ok . I finally get done jacking and blocking , climb out of the crawl space and there are 6 50 round boxes  of CCI Stinger brand new 3 each in a wally world bag . it wasn't a big find ,but I do remember buying them . It was in the time of the great panic. Just 300 rounds ,but it was cool to find . You guys ever do anything like this ?

• Like 2

I stashed $5 k in the wall heater when I was drinking....ya I know........

anycase I found it 5 years laster when we were moving out furniture we knocked the heater cover off the wall by accident and the roll of bills rolled across the floor

happy days

• Like 2

Hiring a house cleaner because I need one, (I am NOT Felix!) and she comes up and asks me "what to do with the two newly found small heavy cardboard boxes"?  "What boxes I answer?"  The two boxes, each containing 250 rounds of Winchester 3" 15 pellet 00 buckshot mag load 12 gage Zombie shells I had forgotten about!  Duhh!  HB of CJ (old coot) smile.png  Yikes!

• Like 1

Yeah. Lyman BP powder measure, Progressive charge bar for my Mec press, a few thousand 45cal 200gr LRNFP lead bullets for reloading, I've bought a book I already have quite a few times. There's probably more I'll rediscover later.

Just like Alzheimer's...every day is full of new and wondrous things!

When I was young and dumb I was drunk at a wedding reception. I wanted to prove how much of a high roller I was by tipping the bartender $100.00. One of my buddies last minute convinced me to put the money in my suit jacket pocket. Fast forward several years later (I don't dress up very often) I was putting that same suit jacket on for another wedding and found the one hundred dollar bill nicely folded in the pocket.

I racked my brain trying to remember how it got there.

• Like 2

Funny this should come up. I've found the most efficient means of storage for myself is those 17 gallon Rubbermaid totes. I use them for outgrown kids clothes, spare parts for working on the house, work paperwork/catalogs etc. I label the outside with duct tape what's inside.

I was going through a few I hadn't labeled yet and found one full of magazines! It was like a mini Christmas. Most were still in their original packaging, it wasn't like it was jammed full, but still, that was cool

Also found a box of 45 acp I forgot I bought. I ran into Walmart a while back on some errands and someone WAS ACTUALLY AT THE AMMO COUNTER! I grabbed a box without looking until I got home. Tossed it aside when I looked at it- I didn't even know federal made aluminum cased 45. Ah well

• Like 1

Little off, yet pertains to topic. Ammo, spare parts, gear, 3 Romy Ak's, 3 Chinese SKS's, 3 Ruger  P90's and mags. Transferred some property/holdings to children. Guess I really knew it was there, stored, yet forgotten do to not needing. Checked 3 locations placed for safe keeping. Kids knew they were there, had shown 10+ years ago. All in long term vacuum sealed. Resealed and left. Kids or grandkids might need them some day. When buying certain items by the case in the 90's, usually took my share of profit in goods. Many have stored away. Knew guy who passed away from car accident, kids had moved away over the years. I told his son to think, (your dad had to mention the location of these) look for 5,000 rds of 308 and mags for M1A and HK, besides the weapons. He thought awhile, then remembered, a couple times, years earlier his dad had mentioned. He found them, if not, next owners of his house would have gotten a  bonus, if/when remodeling. So, if hiding away, we can forget, or not give knowledge to those we want to pass down certain items stored.

Edited by Ruffian72
  • Like 1

As a mechanic I buy a lot of tools. A few months ago I ran across a new Snap On coolant pressure tester kit and was in a panic because I thought I borrowed it from one of the guys at work and forgot to give it back about a year ago to test for a leak on my personal car. After checking I had forgot I purchased it and tucked it away after finding the leak without it. I can only guess how much shit I've bought through the years that's tucked away in various tool boxes and bins.

Found a Taurus .45ACP, NIB, in the back of the safe, asked the wife, she said she didnt buy it, i dont remeber buying it, but i shoot the hell out of it. Now, if i could just find that 50BMG i dont remember buying, i'd be doing fine.

• Like 1

Good thread!  I for one will NOT tell you about a few old gentlemen (and ladies) out here in SW OR USA who, in their miss spent younger days, stashed all sorts of needful things here and there and somewhere.  The problem is somewhere.  We are now at the point of our blessed lives that it is time to pick and choose wisely the next select younger generation who will be taken on many trips into the woods and elsewhere to explain the realities of life in the USA at this time.  Nothing is in writing.  Is it all in the noggins.  Time to pass it on.  I expected this point in life, only not so soon.  HB of CJ (old coot)

• Like 3

any thing I put anywhere must be moved and hidden by my wife (it's like an obsession with her) even if it's somewhere she never goes. as a result of this I find stuff years later that I forgotten and or bought a new one.

• Like 2

I found a glock bayonet in the blister pack. I swear I didn't buy it! Army green. Not sure how or when it showed up. Found a wood box of Radway Green 7.62 in the garage under a boat engine I never get time to fix. Thought I shot it all. Price tag still on it 199.99$ :)

• Like 1

I used to shoot a lot of .40 S&W out of my competition pistol but for the last 4-5 years I have only shot 9mm.  I was cleaning a closet that had a bunch of empty ammo cans and found one that was full of new .40 from Atlanta Arms.  (insert smiley face here!)

Doug