Any news on the DOUBLE STACK MAGS or did I miss it???

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So.. Have any thoughts on a per unit licensing fee since you're not going to be making them?   If they work by your statement and you likely have the 3D drawings which could be reversed out.. Natura

My take.. there are currently enough S12s, and S12 clones for this project to take off with great success.   Over the past few years, MD Arms 20 round drums have just gotten better and better. Not a

A response and update is long over due and I apologize for that.   A number of reasons have prevented the production of the double stacks over the years. From fears of import studies by Obama's AT

Pretty much. Mike Davidson has been kinda hiding for a few years. It's like groundhog's day with him. Sometimes he pops up, doesn't see his shadow and there are another batch of MD20s etc available, and sometimes they are on sale and people are asking for months when they are going to get the stuff they ordered. They get them eventually, but I wouldn't be ordering directly from him for anything I needed soon. I would buy the MD20 from any dealer which has them in stock though.

• Like 1

I am willing to cut him some slack.  Folks like me with too much time on their hands tend to lie in bed at night unable to sleep due to whatever, (name your pick!) and in my feeble mind's eye try to imagine in color with sound effects various ways to handle small objects or general material handling solutions going back 200 years.  Then I try to imagine putting this all together into a double or even triple stack 12 gage magazine that would actually function. 

Chaos into order.  100% reliable single feed from seemingly random multiple stacks.  I have created and discarded dozens of ideas regarding physical ways to let such a 12 gage box mag work.  So far, no go.  A difficult endeavor at the least.  Nearly impossible at the worserer.  But ... there must be a way.  Consider the SMLE and Russian Nagant mags and how they functioned. Rotating no spring clogs in the single stack portion?  All of this is going to take time.  :) :) :)

HB of CJ, on 14 Apr 2016 - 5:20 PM, said:

Or we can all quit belly aching about it and try to help?  Or is it just easier to belly ache?

Who's belly aching over it? We're just poking a little fun at MD's expense.

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

As I recall, going way back, tony over at tromix said he saw the double stacks in person and that they indeed worked....that makes it solid for me...as for mike himself, he may have other fish to fry that I know nothing about...the talk about vaporware filled up the forum on his drums as well...I love having mine though...I've been a member of this forum since February of 2008...I don't post much but have been here all along from my first day...if mike brings them to market tomorrow or 2025...I'll be throwing money at him just like before....if not....I still love my drum...thanks mike.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

If the design works, he's throwing away $$$ by not licensing the design out to one of the manufacturers. With the right agreement he could make good money from his design. Honestly i don't care how they come to market, so long as they DO come to market...

• Like 1

Recently at lunch at our one lung run down diner here in SW OR USA, a good friend and Valley Principal showed me the actual patent he obtained on some sort of mining ore product processing. 

When I asked him politely since he is a good long life friend how much it $cost$ to actually achieve a US Patent for something, he did not answer directly.  He did say it took time and money.  Lots of both.

Are double or chaotic multi stack Saiga 12 box magazines possible?  Yes.  Are they probable?  No.  Will they be forthcoming?  Dunno.  Anybody got $100 grand risk capital handy?  Not easy fur sure.

Think big here.  Is is possible to develop a large hopper type feed system for a Saiga 12?  How about future tech mag feed systems?  That is where the money would be.  $Uncle Sam$ to buy it.

One dumps in 5000 loose rounds.  The patent covers sorting, aligning, feeding and shooting in any environment (high gee, zero gee, etc.) reliably all sorts of different small round ammo.  Starship Trooper.

Time for us all to think some more.

The double stacks will come out as soon as the "double,double mag well adapter" - then we can put two doubles in the adapter and go all QUAD!!!!!!!!

That's a really good idea, at least a good way to make a "double stack" and keep the shells aligned by using 2 mags locked side by side in a mixing adapter.  Make me one or 2

• 3 months later...

I just wish we had some deets... Butbreally with no new imports the platform isnt gonna be advancing. Maybe quads for veprs dont work? I mean doubles

New Saiga's may not be coming in, but DDIs and the eventual Chaos shotty are. I don't think the S12 is dead. There's certainly a large installed user base, almost all of which would kill for a double stack.

I just wish we had some deets... Butbreally with no new imports the platform isnt gonna be advancing. Maybe quads for veprs dont work? I mean doubles

New Saiga's may not be coming in, but DDIs and the eventual Chaos shotty are. I don't think the S12 is dead. There's certainly a large installed user base, almost all of which would kill for a double stack.

TBH, once the Chaos shottie is available I'm gonna go to VEPR mags. Ability to use drums is nice, but not really necessary.