MikeD's Saiga-12 20rd Drum Magazine, information thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I need the 3"!!!!

That's what she said! :haha: Sorry, Couldn't resist!

Anyway, uhhhh. When am i getting my drum?

When?

When?

When?

When?

When?

When?

When?

When?

When?

When?

When?

When?

When?

When?

When?

When?

ok ok. I know you're busy. But.... when is it coming?

Oh, and one last thing...

WHEN!?

That is all. :angel:

Hey Mike I don't know if this was asked before but... How hard is this to get in the stock mag well? I was at Lauer Custom Weoponry today and they had one of the not to be mentioned's drum. I took it out and when I went to put it in it was so tight that it took 3 attemps just to get it in the mag well right then it wouldn't lock because the slide was shut, then it would barely lock with it open. And this is on a gun that they modified.

So how hard is this to get in the stock mag well?

Edited by Racer 27
Hey Mike I don't know if this was asked before but... How hard is this to get in the stock mag well? I was at Lauer Custom Weoponry today and they had one of the not to be mentioned's drum. I took it out and when I went to put it in it was so tight that it took 3 attemps just to get it in the mag well right then it wouldn't lock because the slide was shut, then it would barely lock with it open. And this is on a gun that they modified.

I believe he modelled it to fit like the factory 5 rounders, so I doubt that it will be a problem if they are indeed very similar.

It goes right in when empty, unlike the other. Goes right in with an open bolt also. Won't load at 20rds on a closed bolt. Loadable at 19rds on a closed bolt but is fairly difficult. The round shape takes away a lot of your leverage to set the front mag catch after pressing the top round down. That will not be the case when I release the drum magwell.

I just completed my order for a second drum, and two extra springs. I'm getting really excited now, it's close!!!!! BTW only 23 of the original run remain, don't wait around too long.

They are getting low. Some of you may have noticed the quantity go back up a few times. This was because I had to cancel some orders for not sending the deposit. Also I added an extra 250 to the original 1000 listed.

I have cancelled all I think I will have to cancel so that number will more than likely not go back up again. There is around 4 or 5 drums ordered that are still in question though.

After what is listed has been spoken for I am going to end the discounted price. I haven't desided if I will list anymore of the first run quantity before the second run is complete. I feel it is highly unlikely, but if by freak chance a high capacity ban was put in place before I can complete the second run, the drums I am putting back from the first run would be the only way I could make a decent profit from the project, by selling them at the increased value cause by such a ban. I do feel that a new ban is very, very UNLIKELY and would be around a year away if it even happens then, but want to cover my ass the best I can in case of such a tragedy. Not trying to induce panic. There should be plenty of time to make a large supply of these. DON'T spend money you can't afford to do without on the thought of a new ban. I don't want anyone to have struggles because they spent to much money on my drums.

Been a very long day and will be another long day tomorrow. Good night everyone!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Mike,

I tried using your link on your website to get on your list for the next batch and it would not work.

My eyes are starting to fall out of my head from looking through all the post here so its probably a dumb and/or redundent question so here goes:

When will you be able to sell next batch of drums? will you require deposits?

Will they be the 3" model only?

Is there anything cooler for my Saiga 12 than your Drum?

Thanks

So are you serious or is this another internet pipe dream? I mean, I come to this forum rarely and you were trying to pimp these things, like a YEAR ago! I mean stop leading people on. :rolleyes:

How about you go to hell (and buy a Wraithmaker while your there)!!! :haha::lolol::super:

It takes time to do something right dumbass, but you can get a Wraithmaker now, enough said!

Sorry guys, been a long day (YEAR) and I'm just not in the mood nor do I have the restraint for this shit right now!

Check out this pipe dream that was filmed today... my brother bump firing a full 20 out in 2 seconds!

And a pic of me taken today at Ohip Rapid Fire of our fellow forum member's (Maxwell) Tromix 8 inch waiting to clear! Nice Gun!!

post-2662-1203825204_thumb.jpg

to heck with dealing with swiftvision and get back to assembling drums :lol: The guys with no patience for items built with attention to detail don't deserve them anyway.

Keep up the good work/testing and let us know when they are ready for distribution. Would rather have it right than fast.

1911, thank you for that analysis of swiftvision.

I haven't laughed that hard in a while! :lolol:

and Mike....

I played that video five times! It makes math fun again... one box of 100 shells equals 5 drumfulls, which means you get one extra drum load with every four boxes of shells... It is going to be like a present everytime you go shooting!

You are a God amongst the Saiga 12 owners across the world!

OK I'll try this again - maybe I need to talk some sh*t ;)

"Hey Mike,

I tried using your link on your website to get on your list for the next batch and it would not work.

My eyes are starting to fall out of my head from looking through all the post here so its probably a dumb and/or redundent question so here goes:

Thanks"

OK I'll try this again - maybe I need to talk some sh*t ;)

"Hey Mike,

Thanks"

I'll try to assist. Post #529 says. "I am hoping to have a 3 inch drum out fairly soon after the 2 3/4. I pretty much have the design all but done. I just need to reprototype to make sure my hand crafted mods are turned into accurate geometery. I am hoping to have the 3 inch out within a few months of the 2 3/4. Future project times should be a lot faster since I already have a lot of important things in place and figured out."

I take this to mean that approximately three months after the mailing of the Original Batch of Drums we can expect the 3" Model to be introduced. I would assume that the second batch of 2 3/4" Drums will be following shortly after the Original Batch is distributed becuase there will only be about a one month lead time to pull things together (perhaps less). Since they are two distinct products I don't think that Mike would only offer the 3" on the follow on drums.

The second batch of drums will not be discounted and should be ready for immediate delivery, therefore no deposit would be required. Perhaps his site will not allow a purchase unless there is product to deliver.

The only thing that ranks as cool for the S-12 as the Drum is a Short Barrel treatment with the appropriate FFL paperwork. Since that is out of the range of so many, the next cool development will be the Magwells and attendant magazines. You also have the Cobra L(ast) R(ound) B(olt) H(old) O(pen) device almost ready for production. If I remember correctly Mike is also working on a bolt release for us.

In short, you are living in the Promised Land with all your dreams coming true before your very eyes. All it takes is a steady supply of cash to keep it happening and a lack of govt interference which can be had by the correct vote in November.

Hope that helps.

So are you serious or is this another internet pipe dream? I mean, I come to this forum rarely and you were trying to pimp these things, like a YEAR ago! I mean stop leading people on. :rolleyes:

How about you go to hell (and buy a Wraithmaker while your there)!!! :haha::lolol::super:

It takes time to do something right dumbass, but you can get a Wraithmaker now, enough said!

Sorry guys, been a long day (YEAR) and I'm just not in the mood nor do I have the restraint for this shit right now!

Check out this pipe dream that was filmed today... my brother bump firing a full 20 out in 2 seconds!

And a pic of me taken today at Ohip Rapid Fire of our fellow forum member's (Maxwell) Tromix 8 inch waiting to clear! Nice Gun!!

I wouldn't worry about him. Stupid people only cause gray hairs if you let them. If you ignore them they're harmless.

Look at it this way...

I'm a paying customer since my two drums are paid for in full. You don't see me whining like a little school girl and I haven't seen any other paying customers whining like a little school girl either.

You're doing fine!

"I'm a paying customer since my two drums are paid for in full. You don't see me whining like a little school girl and I haven't seen any other paying customers whining like a little school girl either."

I have two coming, also............

I'm just whistlin' a little happy tune, waitin' for the UPS tracking number............. :smoke:

...........they're coming, and it won't be long.........................oh yessssssssssss

OK so your 10,000 rounds / 20 round drums= 500 drums x 2 seconds = 1,000 sec / 60 seconds in min = 16 2/3 mins worth of fun to get rid of that large pile in your garage.... :smoke::haha::cryss:

1911 - Thanks for the Info - It is dificult to jump in the middle of this forum and get some basic Info - I think everyone that has been along for the ride would not

see that the forum has become very massive and is tricky to weed through.

Hopefully Mike's Mad Dog 20(20) will bear fruit for all you guys that have been waiting patiently ( or not ) and us latecomers can sign up for the next run.

Edited by vspdave
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/archiv...p?t-241280.html

I caught the above post on an old firingline thread for something I was researching.

Is there any truth to the claim that a private citizen cannot purchase a drum without a BATF transfer?

I realize this is old news, but I was planning on ordering a drum and magwell from you before the end of this year.

I caught the above post on an old firingline thread for something I was researching.

Is there any truth to the claim that a private citizen cannot purchase a drum without a BATF transfer?

I realize this is old news, but I was planning on ordering a drum and magwell from you before the end of this year.

There is no tranfer tax or BATF approval. Just go to mikes site and buy it. I think you need to wait till the next run of these babies.

I have been waiting and should be receiving mine in a few weeks to months...I am really looking forward to getting them and it does look like

these were worth the wait from all I am reading. LOOKS like they are a hit!

There is no tranfer tax or BATF approval. Just go to mikes site and buy it. I think you need to wait till the next run of these babies.

I have been waiting and should be receiving mine in a few weeks to months...I am really looking forward to getting them and it does look like

these were worth the wait from all I am reading. LOOKS like they are a hit!

Yes, I was wrong, that douche that posted that on thefiringline was way off, I did what I considered a pretty concise check last night looking for something to back up what that guy was saying. IMO it's all bullshit.

I hope there's still a few left from the original run, think I'm gonna order one by the end of this week. $215 is a small price...