rusmilitary. Magwells & mags

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone notice the magwells and mags that they were showing on their site? Didnt hear anything about them but shows out of stock. Anyone order one?

Since the cat is out of the bag... I'll be cloning the magwell. I think I can make a version to work with my drum as well. I also think I will be able to sell this for well below the factory price of one. I'll make a thread in my business section with in the next few days. I can say that it will not take long to get to market. It should be very shortly after the drum starts shipping.

Might as well say this too. I'm going to clone the factory Izhmash style pistol grip. The factory one is rare, pricey, and a foreign part. Mine will be just like the factory but will be cheaper, available and a US part!!! :super::super::super:

post-2662-1189401565.jpg

Mike,

That's excellent news!! I've already signed up for the MD drum when it comes out and I'll jump in line for the magwell and grip. Can you make some sort of "package deal" for all three and we will call it "the MD Performance Kit" or something along that line? :super:

Great things happening! Have you researched modifying 5, 8 & 10 rd mags to function with the magwell? It seems that there must be some way to mod our current mags to function with a magwell. I am definately in line for one or more.

Edited by 1911
Might as well say this too. I'm going to clone the factory Izhmash style pistol grip. The factory one is rare, pricey, and a foreign part. Mine will be just like the factory but will be cheaper, available and a US part!!! :super::super::super:

post-2662-1189401565.jpg

Those grips are sweet! I wish I would have kept the one I had, but the "trading bug" was biting me back then!

okay I am a dummy. what is a magwell?

Where the mags are inserted.

It is extension from the receivers magwell. It allows you to insert mags straight in without having to do the ordinary jiggle, rock and lock with the loaded saiga-12 mags. It will make reloading a lot faster and easier. I will post some pics and an information thread in the next couple days. I will answer all the questions I haven't answered then.

It is extension from the receivers magwell. It allows you to insert mags straight in without having to do the ordinary jiggle, rock and lock with the loaded saiga-12 mags. It will make reloading a lot faster and easier. I will post some pics and an information thread in the next couple days. I will answer all the questions I haven't answered then.

Not to rush you but what do you think the time frame is for your Grips. I would love one of those babies also.

Thanks

Ken

Not to rush you but what do you think the time frame is for your Grips. I would love one of those babies also.

Thanks

Ken

I am hoping to release it at the same time as the magwell. I am shooting for 6 to 8 weeks from the time the drums start shipping. If one is delayed it will be the magwell more than likely. There isn't much to research for the grip. It will be a very simple clone.

Anyone notice the magwells and mags that they were showing on their site? Didnt hear anything about them but shows out of stock. Anyone order one?

Since the cat is out of the bag... I'll be cloning the magwell. I think I can make a version to work with my drum as well. I also think I will be able to sell this for well below the factory price of one. I'll make a thread in my business section with in the next few days. I can say that it will not take long to get to market. It should be very shortly after the drum starts shipping.

Did you get your hands on one of the magwells and the special mag that goes with it? If so, you are probably the first person in the U.S. to do so.

Also, you would then be able to answer the long-running question of weather or not an old style mag could be modified to fit in the the magwell by sanding off the front lug.

The other thing that people have been curious about and that you could determine, is how the follower is different in order to activate the LRBHO which the new mags are supposedly compatible with.

A lot of people are eager to find out this information.

Did you get your hands on one of the magwells and the special mag that goes with it? If so, you are probably the first person in the U.S. to do so.

Also, you would then be able to answer the long-running question of weather or not an old style mag could be modified to fit in the the magwell by sanding off the front lug.

The other thing that people have been curious about and that you could determine, is how the follower is different in order to activate the LRBHO which the new mags are supposedly compatible with.

I'm pretty sure the follower is about the same actually...

The LRBHO on the Russian guns has an activator that looks like a 45 degree dental pick that sticks down into the mag body and hits the follower when it comes up, working the lever.

Alright Mike, now you have my attention. The Saiga ergo grips in my mind are the best on the market, if you can dupe it your going to make a lot of people with AK's happy. I'm looking forword to seeing the magwell, that's a void that's been waiting to be filled for a long time. I don't know where you are in the process, but if you could make something with a push button like an AR, or a Galil AR mag adapter (Uzi America), that would be the shit and I for one wouldn't mind cutting a hole in the side of the mag for it to catch. I have to go take a look at my notes from what the Finns were doing on their set up.

Good luck and keep us posted on the progress.

I do have them in hand, 2 magwells and 6 mags. I will try to get some pics up by this weekend. And answer some questions that people have. As far as being the first to have them, I might be one of the first but I have seen one other in the US. I forget the company name though. They only had one and had no plans to clone that I am aware of.

One more interesting thing on Rusmilitary is the new flash hider that is available now.

saiga12_flash_hider.jpg

I think it's the real SWAT one.

Are those threaded?

Yep, Izhmash made and ready for your factory threads. It will add a part to your shotgun count though. And a foregin one. You can get one for about $55 or so, shipped. They have them in stock (for now).

Hey Mike were you still going to add more info on the magwells???

Yes, Sorry for the delay. Sorry also for the delay in responses to PM's. I got caught up on emails but need to answer a lot of PM's still. I will post some pics hopefully tonight.

I posted this in my business section as well. It will probably be best to reply there. Sorry for the hi-jack ironhead7544!! :angel:

Here are some pics of the magwell installed. The mags go in very smooth. It is very nice. I'm telling you, a whole new world. This is going to make thing so much quicker to reload. Mags will drop when release is hit. An extended mag release will be key. I will also shoot a video showing just how easy it is. I will be making to different versions, one will be just for stick mags and the other will be for sticks and drums. There will be some very good and key improvements on my 2 models over the factory version. I meant to take some pics of the factory mag made for the magwell but forgot. I was thinking more of the importance of showing that it can take other mags. But I did mean to take some of the factory mag for it along with the difference in the follower. I will take some and also one of the original Russian 8 installed. Hope you like the pics for now. Better will come, including videos. :super::super::super::super::super:

post-2662-1189909746_thumb.jpgpost-2662-1189909872_thumb.jpg

One more interesting thing on Rusmilitary is the new flash hider that is available now.

saiga12_flash_hider.jpg

I think it's the real SWAT one.

Does anyone know someone (Machine shop) that would be intrested in making some of these as US Parts?