this may sound like a dumb question, but what exactly does gen 2 signify? as in, whats the difference between that and any other generation saiga 12 mag?

The front tabs are wider, thus force distribution is more favorable & the mag's more durable.

hey thanks for the info. i actually just bought some gen 2, ten round AGP mags for my saiga 12. they look alot better than the factory five round mag

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still can't find any magazines in that video... all I see are purple mountain's majesty.

My biggest complaint about the AGP mags is they cause me to run out of ammo too quickly.   Nice rig topmaul!

Well you obviously were not here when just about every thread on the forum was about AGP mags, and there was so much trolling, crying, and bitching every day that AGP themselves bailed on our forum.

Posted Images

i actually just bought some gen 2, ten round AGP mags for my saiga 12. they look alot better than the factory five round mag

Where, dude? give up your source! :D

it was the e-store on this website. i happened to check on the 10 round mags at just the right time, and i jumped on it.

Whew. I was going to watch a movie with the wife... but ended up reading this entire thread instead. Why does nobody mention the factory mags? I'd think they would be first choice. Thankfully, I bought my S 12 just to beat any price jumps, and am in NO rush to buy extra mags. After reading all of this, I think it will be some time before I buy any. This issue seems to be right up there with Toyota gas pedals. :unsure:

I just bought a AGP 10 from a local gun shop last week. Turned out to be a first gen mag. When I shot it this weekend the front lip broke off. I emailed Kevin at AGP and he is sending me another mag body. Excellent customer service!

this may sound like a dumb question, but what exactly does gen 2 signify? as in, whats the difference between that and any other generation saiga 12 mag?

The front tabs are wider, thus force distribution is more favorable & the mag's more durable.

I just got 10 new AGP's and 7 of them have a front locking lug like the MD-20 and the other 3 are square all say GEN 2. What else could be the difference I thought the square ones may have come from the DIY kits but I dont know.

post-21226-0-46435700-1299285030_thumb.jpg

Also didn't the follower get changed on the GEN 2's

Edited by SCHULTZE
  • 3 weeks later...

not really a complaint (might even be a "dumb noob" question) but why does the 10-round mag costs less ($29.95 each) as against the 6-round and 8-round mags (both costing $39.00). prices are from AGP site.

what gives? shouldn't more rounds, more materials in there, more cost?

Jugg, why is there a complaint thread about AGP on the main part of the saiga 12 forum? And isnt there a special section for a thread such as this one?

The majority of posts on this thread sound in favor of AGP, maybe I missed something? I understand there was a bad batch of springs that went out with the last gen mags, but I think they have recovered from that snfu along time ago.

I have 6 ten rounders and ive never had an issue with any of them.

Just seems kind of unfair, and gives the appearance that AGP mags are so aweful they need a special complaint thread stickied onto the front of the forum.

Should be named AGP appreciation thread...

Just a thought :super:

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys. I recently got a Gen 2 10 rounder. Love it! it fed great... except... well, It ate winchester slugs, and wally world bulk birdshot perfectly.. no FTE with either rounds... but it doesnt seem to like the winchester 00 buckshot :cryss:.. I shot 3 through it, and 2 out of the 3 were a FTE.. Any one else have this problem.. My factory iszmash mag eats the buckshot and everything else I feed it, with no problems. Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

I have two AGP's and have had no problems with feeding, however I train as I fight and during the course of reloading I have dropped my AGP's regularly. My only complaint is that the nipple on the locking plate has broken off of both mags. I also have two ProMags and had some feeding problems until they broke in, but the nipples on the Promags are much sturdier and have not been prone to breakage.

Has anyone had the same issue, and do the GEN2's have a sturdier nipple.

(I'm talking about mags, and not breasts so unless you got a good photo of Reva, let's stick with the topic ;) )

Edited by BigD45
  • 1 month later...

I just got 10 new AGP's and 7 of them have a front locking lug like the MD-20 and the other 3 are square all say GEN 2. What else could be the difference I thought the square ones may have come from the DIY kits but I dont know.

post-21226-0-46435700-1299285030_thumb.jpg

Also didn't the follower get changed on the GEN 2's

Just got my 4 too (both Gen 2). Like you, my "newer" ones (bought them here on the forum store) have a wider squared front tang, while the older Gen 2 has the narrowed sided front tang. The older one is far easier to insert and load, but that may be due to what I'm used to. I do like how the newer version has more side stability and a more solid feel in the reciever...

• 3 months later...

I found a Guy selling new Gen 2 mags on calguns.net and ar15.com Has better prices than agp and the E-store! So I picked up 5 and man they are sweet!! Fyi guys user name was saiga1287 on calguns. Will deal with again! I did the math on shipping and what not and I saved 5 bucks! :)

Edited by zombiekilla
  • 3 weeks later...

I found a Guy selling new Gen 2 mags on calguns.net and ar15.com Has better prices than agp and the E-store! So I picked up 5 and man they are sweet!! Fyi guys user name was saiga1287 on calguns. Will deal with again! I did the math on shipping and what not and I saved 5 bucks! smile.png

I just ordered 3 more from AGP tonight!

Im telling you guys hit up this guy for mags they are brand new and cheap! I hate seeing people waste their money on s12 mags ! All you have to do is google search Saiga1287 and you'll find mags cheap! Ive gotten 10 from him so far. Great customer service and both times I got my mags in 3 Days! But hey waste your money paying shipping on every other website.

I found a Guy selling new Gen 2 mags on calguns.net and ar15.com Has better prices than agp and the E-store! So I picked up 5 and man they are sweet!! Fyi guys user name was saiga1287 on calguns. Will deal with again! I did the math on shipping and what not and I saved 5 bucks! smile.png

I just ordered 3 more from AGP tonight!

Im telling you guys hit up this guy for mags they are brand new and cheap! I hate seeing people waste their money on s12 mags ! All you have to do is google search Saiga1287 and you'll find mags cheap! Ive gotten 10 from him so far. Great customer service and both times I got my mags in 3 Days! But hey waste your money paying shipping on every other website.

I got 5 from him too. Great guy to deal with. Great mags too

• 4 weeks later...

Jugg, why is there a complaint thread about AGP on the main part of the saiga 12 forum? And isnt there a special section for a thread such as this one?

The majority of posts on this thread sound in favor of AGP, maybe I missed something? I understand there was a bad batch of springs that went out with the last gen mags, but I think they have recovered from that snfu along time ago.

I have 6 ten rounders and ive never had an issue with any of them.

Just seems kind of unfair, and gives the appearance that AGP mags are so aweful they need a special complaint thread stickied onto the front of the forum.

Should be named AGP appreciation thread...

Just a thought :super:

I can try to shed some light on that. Back when the 'bitch thread" was started, the reason was there were so many people whining and bitching about the problems with the first runs of mags (before they ironed out the issues and got the Gen 2's out there..... ), and people just kept starting new threads all over the place, it was a major PITA for us Mods, so we stickied ONE thread to give people a place to vent their frustrations, and made it easy to see. Unfortunately that only half works though because most people just skip right over the stickies and don't pay any attention to them.