I'm really sorry for what happened in Nebraska today. There is no excuse for him doing what he did. I don't want to sound in-sensative but ...

What upsets me is that this is only ammunition for the Brady Bunch and antis.

http://www.ketv.com/news/14782867/detail.html

According to the article, he used an "assualt style" SKS. Who can bet that SKSs are now more so going to be called "evil" after this ...

Sadly, events like this sort of thing will only continue, there are sickos everywhere; we can't stop that. I think laws/environment for pro-gunners will only get worst as it never gets better when "good" news happens (defending a life with a gun).

I'm really sorry for what happened in Nebraska today. There is no excuse for him doing what he did. I don't want to sound in-sensative but ...

What upsets me is that this is only ammunition for the Brady Bunch and antis.

http://www.ketv.com/news/14782867/detail.html

According to the article, he used an "assualt style" SKS. Who can bet that SKSs are now more so going to be called "evil" after this ...

Sadly, events like this sort of thing will only continue, there are sickos everywhere; we can't stop that. I think laws/environment for pro-gunners will only get worst as it never gets better when "good" news happens (defending a life with a gun).

I always thought the SKS was on the "evil" list. But I just want to know when people are going to open thier eyes to the fact that it doesnt matter if you make anything other than hunting rifles illegal, the crimes are STILL going to happen. If all the guns go away, people will find something else to use in thier crimes. A firearm is an inatimate (sp) object and doesnt think for iteself. Its the asshat holding it that makes the decision and if he would have had access to an SKS, he could have very easily used a cheap ass 12 guage with only a 3rnd pipe on it. Then it will be "duck guns are evil take them away from everyone!""!"!"!"!"!"!

well, after this incident the SKS is no MORE EVIL. Just for that reason, i think i'll go buy one since it will soon be illegal to own one.

+1Natass... according to the brady bunchers... it's always the guns fault... i don't understand that!?!

+1Natass... according to the brady bunchers... it's always the guns fault... i don't understand that!?!

I honestly think it has to do with a little bit of the media "inflating the issue". If I were to go into a mall and start a killing spree with my Beretta 1200F, it wouldnt make front page. But if I did it with the S12 or the AK or the DPMS the media would take the ball and run with it.

Not taking away from the gravity of the incident but people need to be happy its usually someone that has little or no skill with a fire arm that commit these kinds of crimes. But then again those of us that really know how to use one are generally stable, law abiding citizens.

I actually find it very interesting that the anti-gunners aren't jumping on this like flies on you know what. I'm guessing they learned their lesson back when they passed the AWB and lost the Congress and Senate as a result. But I will say that republicans, which I typically support, have dropped the ball in the area of mental health. Being married to a mental health therapist, I can tell you, their are a hell of a lot of people out their that need some serious help, but can't afford it, or their insurance (including medicare and medicaide) won't pay for it. This is a country full of broken homes and families that are fueling behavioral problems across all age groups, races, and social demographics. No one is immune from depression or other mental illnesses. It can strike ANYONE. The stresses of modern day life only serve to further compound the issue. We need to elect people that understand that guns and ammo aren't the problem in this country, it's the population that needs help.

Vang used an SKS too didnt he.

No. He used a Saiga.

http://www.courttv.com/trials/vang/091405_ctv.html

A tool mark and firearms expert with the Wisconsin State Crime Lab testified Wednesday that all 14 of the 7.62 by 39 mm bullet casings found at the scene came from Vang's Russian-made Saiga rifle.

...William Newhouse also testified that the clip used for the semiautomatic weapon only held 10 rounds, implying that Vang stopped to reload at one point in the minutes-long ambush.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chai_Vang

It is believed that he fired about 20 rounds from a Saiga rifle chambered in 7.62x39.

http://www.gunshopfinder.com/legislativene...in11_24_04.html

The problem is, the rifle that Vang used is not an "assault rifle," an "assault weapon," or even an SKS, as first reported in the press. The rifle is a Saiga 7.62x39, a relatively inexpensive import that is widely used in hunting in a number of states.

Edited by dog
guns and ammo aren't the problem in this country, it's the population that needs help.

Exactly. Very well put. We have a habit in America of always going for the "band-aid" type fix. A quick superficial act to appease the whiners. The problem isnt that guns exist, its that some people just want to kill. And the way the media glorifies these sociopaths the more they are inspired. This kid even said in his note he'd be famous after this.

We are fucked, hello AWB2. Figures construction work is slow too, no hard workin man can afford to complete his assault weapon collections before 2008. :lolol:

USA Today calls it both an AK and then later says it was an SKS. They also mention that it was stolen from his stepfather, and that the police recovered 2 30 rd. mags at the scene.

You would think that if they are going to call it news-they could at least get their facts straight. Does anyone ever proofread anything before putting it out ????

Wouldn't you think that an outfit the size of USA Today could afford to do their job professionally, years ago when I set type by hand for the school paper we would occasionally catch

mis-spellings, bad grammar ect. , but not often. The High School kids in P.G.Co. (known far and wide for our underperforming schools) did a better job of writing and reporting than the asshats that

do the American news!

Fuckin' Channel Six news in Philly said it was an AK while showing a graphic clearly labeled as an SKS while the firearm in the drawing was a lever action of some sort. :unsure:

I'm surprised they didn't hold up a 105 mm howitzer shell and say that that's the ammo it shoots. :killer:

I guess to them media asshats "all gunz is gunz." :rolleyes:

Oh but cars kill more people than guns! All cars should be regulated to where they can't go fast enough to kill someone right???

Just what would ya set that speed control at? A car can coast right over a human body going 5 or 10 mph. :ded:

Something that caught my attention is that the police said he killed himself by shooting himself... in the back of the head! Ever try getting either an SKS or an AK lined up for a theoretical shot to your own head?!? C'mon, you LEO guys! 35 years ago they taught us that women (back then) tended to shoot themselves in the chest but that men tended to shoot themselves in the temple, upward through the mouth, or under the chin. Never have I heard of anyone offing themselves by shooting themselves through the back of their head -- even with a handgun! With an approx. 8.4 lb rifle that has got to be awkward, at best. It begs the conspiracy type question: If it is that awkward to position an AK to fatally shoot oneself in the back of the head, then who did shoot the shooter?

I have other questions about mall security but that's for another time or, perhaps, for another forum member.

Edited by Aethelbert
I already heard the argument on CNN, "nobody needs a gun like that, it serves no purpose"

.. well sure, but they would have no problem with a Remington 7400 or a 750 or a Browning BAR... and those are chambered for more powerful rounds... and they are "hunting rifles" :rolleyes:

he probaly had a pistol round or rifle round through the head, and did the other.

who cares. terrorist. I would shoot him on sight, and it is BY LAW REQUIRED AS A GUN HOLDER IN THIS BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY for me to do so.

check your state laws on militia, and all that fun stuff.

Something that caught my attention is that the police said he killed himself by shooting himself... in the back of the head! Ever try getting either an SKS or an AK lined up for a theoretical shot to your own head?!? C'mon, you LEO guys! 35 years ago they taught us that women (back then) tended to shoot themselves in the chest but that men tended to shoot themselves in the temple, upward through the mouth, or under the chin. Never have I heard of anyone offing themselves by shooting themselves through the back of their head -- even with a handgun! With an approx. 8.4 lb rifle that has got to be awkward, at best. It begs the conspiracy type question: If it is that awkward to position an AK to fatally shoot oneself in the back of the head, then who did shoot the shooter?

I have other questions about mall security but that's for another time or, perhaps, for another forum member.

I don't see how he could have shot himself in the back of the head. I'm sure the press did not get this wrong because they are usually extremely reliable. As for the people that shot themselves in the head; When they place the muzzle under the chin the mess is not as bad as when they put the muzzle in their mouth. When the round enters under the chin, the gasses are able to escape out of the mouth as the round moves upward and pops the top of the skull off. When the muzzle is placed in the mouth, the gasses have no where to go and causes the entire head above the bottom jaw to explode. This makes the person's head look like a melted candle with the bottom row of teeth the only part recognizable. I have seen several of these and it is extremely messy. These selfish bastards aren't thinking about the family members they left behind and especially the one that finds them. I have seen people completely screwed mentally by finding their father, brother, husband, or son in this condition. It is not something you can get out of your head. I can still vividly remeber the scene along with the smell and the sound of blood skull and brains dripping from the walls and ceiling.

I've had two different good friends that put a gun barrel in their mouths and took a dose of end-it-all. One wasa .22 rifle and the other a .44 mag revolver, both just as deadly...The thought of it haunts me to this day and I was very fortunate not to see the aftermath of either one of them. It is the ultimate act of selfishness indeed!!!!