Just a question here to toss out for everyone's amusement. I'm wondering what ya'll got tucked away in the SHTF stash? Guns, ammo, supplies, M1 Abrams, Dillon M134D, etc.? Also, apart from a nationwide zombie outbreak, what is the anticipated use of your SHTF stash? Seriously though. . .

there is an excellent discussion started by a hurricane katrina survivor, here.

the anticipated USE, however I dont think was discussed very much.

it could be a 1 week total blackout on power grids.

no gas for a month

massive weather damage

govt turning on the public, vice versa

war

biological problem, such as bird flu epidemic

etc.

there are an awful lot of WHYS and only one solution to it, one of the main ingredients is a FIREARM YOU CAN RELY ON.

Primary SHTF set up is Bug out bags for the wife and I.....

mostly survival minded....little tent, sleeping bags, water filters, survival foods, etc. clothes. lights, knives, etc

if society breaks down, we can hit the wood, if a tornado hits, these are safe in the basement where we are likely to be.

if i need guns...i got them too, hunting, self protection, covered.....

I'm not going into specifics, but i have what i need.....

My SHTF is my home. If things get to where staying here is no longer safe, then we load up the 2 minivans, and I know of a place in the federal reservation near me where there is running water.

When I got there I would take the vans, strip the seats out of one of them and use it for a tent, and the other would be for storage of food weapons ammo and supplies.

Maybe not much of a plan, but a plan none the less.

LoL wish i had a $1.00 for every BATF agent who looks at this post. or who all has asked this question from all the other forums

I have nothing not 1 gun or ammo not even a BB gun. i dont store food, i go to the store every day for what i need just like a good little sheep :)

Edited by Cryptkeeper

Oh YEAH!! Well I have a Daisey Red Ryder BB Gun!! LMAO!!

I was thinking to my self the EXACT same thing. Let me just implicate myself and discuss what if anything I'm hoarding! Not to mention the paranoid label they would slap on you...bro all I got to say is I'd kill'm with kindness.

"AND THATS MY FINAL ANSWER."

LoL wish i had a $1.00 for every BATF agent who looks at this post. or who all has asked this question it all the other forums

I have nothing not 1 gun or ammo not even a BB gun. i dont store food, i go to the store every day for what i need just like a good little sheep :)

Hell them guys ain't dumb, half of them probably have plans of their own! :haha:

Coupla things we learned down here on the Gulf Coast (aside from "Never invite the roofie thugs from New Orleans to vist, 'cause the worthless bastards won't leave")

There will be no gas. Nada. The supplies dry up in an hour or two, when everybody is desperate and making a run on the gas stations. Ditto on containers for gas and/or water. Ditto on bottled water.

If you ain't got cash, you ain't got shit. Plastic is absolutely worthless. No power, no open banks, means "virtual, electronic money" stays right where it is. Even cash is likely of limited value, but it's certainly better than promises.

JMHO...

guido2 in Houston

hhmmm, working on the weaponry and ammo stockpile required to protect my shit first (which is growing nicely) - and then I get to start gathering other supplies...

- beginning an ample supply of raw gold and silver, which will never lose value

- working on procuring a month's worth of MRE's and fresh water

- getting my truck fixed and putting enough supplies in it to last me at least a week in any situation

- looking to create a nice bug out bag to take with me everywhere I'm away from home

the only problem is I live in a condo, and the more I have on hand the more I have to move when I finally get a house...

To add to the truisms: Cash is King :dollar: and He Who Has the Gold Makes the Rules :sorcerer:

For survivalists who would like to create/add to their security profile - especially in terms of a monetary crisis or barter/exchange environment :cryss:

I would like to suggest pre-64 Silver coins.

These are basically 90% pure silver [a Gov't issued coin thats easy to recognize & calculate the value by anyone, anywhere. ...unlike weighing, guestimating purity of loose jewelry or some supposed valuable coin that could be a fake ]

They are in small weights, er denominations ;) [that works well for small exchanges of goods/services; compared to a $500-600 chunk of gold - how do you give change for that :huh: ]

Anyone can go to a coin shop, etc and buy loose, bulk silver coins. I dont know that there is any level of reporting on purchases? [even a low wage earner can set up a budget of a few coins per paycheck - or a group can throwin together and buy bigger bulk bags of coins]

You might even find a few coins of special value in the bags, find a new hobby or at least pick up a working knowledge (maybe expertise) on the fine metals market [might come in handy in a pinch sometime dont you think?]

So think about starting a little stockpile of loose silver coins next to your ammo pile B)

Cheers,

HarvKY

These are basically 90% pure silver [a Gov't issued coin thats easy to recognize & calculate the value by anyone, anywhere. ...unlike weighing, guestimating purity of loose jewelry or some supposed valuable coin that could be a fake ]

Definately good advice, I'll add some coinage to my current stockpile. When I buy silver/gold bars I make sure have their type, purity and weight cast into the material itself.

Guido2... respectfuly, Cash is good... Gold is better as it will ALWAYS have value.

Gold and Lead.......

Hello, Mr. 'Naut

Ditto that. Can't beat the only "currency" that has endured nearly as long as humanity itself.

On a related note, it sounds like Iran is once again mumbling about OPEC going back to a gold-standard based oil-trading currency.

That is absolutely "calling the bluff" of dollar/Euro/Amero based money speculators who have made a fortune selling worthless paper.

-Fortunately for us, OPEC has substantial investments in our currency as well. Maybe not Iran, but they're likely to evaporate like a bad fart before too long, anyway.....Hopefull that loose bowel-movement Chavez will be quick to follow.

Respectfully posted,

guido2 in Houston

I agree that some type of 'cash' value item to barter is important. While gold and silver are great, I would think the MREs would be of high value to anyone and everyone in a long term SHTF situation. Can't eat coins.

I just have to wonder though, where is everyone going to go? In a true crises situation, won't the highways and roads be either clogged or a great place for bad guys to prey on the unprepared?

Sloth

one is Rambo's, one is Arnold's, and the other is a spare in case someone else needs one... :lol: ( ok, I just cant think of a third scene from a movie offhand, where someone is raising hell with an M-60....)

:smoke:

Case of Maxi-pads and a roll of duct tape.

For what, to tape your wifes mouth shut when "Aunt Flo" comes to visit? :haha:

Naw, just try feeding her some blood sausage and she'll shut up soon enough. :eek::cryss: