I couldn't believe this

Let's see, the scope is about $349.00 so they want $601.00 for the rifle.

Looks like mine except I went with the 3-9x42 zoom PSOP.

And with the rifle, scope, Choate stock and Surefire mags, I didn't pay anywhere close to that!

that guy killimall sells saigas on there all day long. he has some of the highest prices i seen on there. i would never consider giving that goofball my business. i hope nobody else from this forum does either with prices like that.

I bought a stock .308 and a 25 round mag for $400 from that guy, but it was a while back, still not a bad price. Then I called him around March to ask if he could get me a S12, and he wanted $1000 for one with the RAA folding stock. After that, I wasn't too anxious to do business with him.

On a side note, I saw a guy at the gun show last weekend who wanted $950 for a converted 16" .308 with a 25 round surefire mag. The magazine had a sticker on it that said "89." I ask him what he wanted for the magazine, and he said "89 dollars." I literally laughed in his face, and told him I'd give him $50, as that was the going rate for the things. He got all offended so I walked off. Some people. :rolleyes:

On a side note, I saw a guy at the gun show last weekend who wanted $950 for a converted 16" .308 with a 25 round surefire mag. The magazine had a sticker on it that said "89." I ask him what he wanted for the magazine, and he said "89 dollars." I literally laughed in his face, and told him I'd give him $50, as that was the going rate for the things. He got all offended so I walked off. Some people. :rolleyes:

Let me guess.

He also had a scope mounted on it?

If so, he wanted an even grand for it when he was over here!

I actually see one dealer at the gunshow sell a stock thumbhole 308 for nearly $1000. What are these people thinking when they price the rifle?

I paid $319 for my 22" 308, and have another 300 into it. I have 3 friends who want to buy it if I ever sell it. They have all offered me OVER $1000. So if I do go to sell it, how much you think I am going to ask? $620 ? ya right, try $1000 plus. This is on a used rifle mind you. The point is if any of you still see saiga 308's for the old price, then you are just still spoiled. There has been none for sale in my area for months with none of the shops being able to get anymore (heard many reasons/rumors). What are these people thinking? Simple, they are thinking they would like to shoot for the moon and get as much for these rifles as they can. Anyone selling something (new or used) who don't think like this is a fool.

Let me guess.

He also had a scope mounted on it?

If so, he wanted an even grand for it when he was over here!

Yeah, it had a scope. His name is Levon Turner, big bald Mr. Clean looking guy. I sold him a mak90 a few years ago, now everytime I see him at the gun show he is asking ridiculous prices for everything he has. He's from Mobile AL I believe.

I actually see one dealer at the gunshow sell a stock thumbhole 308 for nearly $1000. What are these people thinking when they price the rifle?

I paid $319 for my 22" 308, and have another 300 into it. I have 3 friends who want to buy it if I ever sell it. They have all offered me OVER $1000. So if I do go to sell it, how much you think I am going to ask? $620 ? ya right, try $1000 plus. This is on a used rifle mind you. The point is if any of you still see saiga 308's for the old price, then you are just still spoiled. There has been none for sale in my area for months with none of the shops being able to get anymore (heard many reasons/rumors). What are these people thinking? Simple, they are thinking they would like to shoot for the moon and get as much for these rifles as they can. Anyone selling something (new or used) who don't think like this is a fool.

Hey dumb ass GreenEye, you must be the guy that trying to sell this Saiga. I'm talking about a brand new wood thumhole stock...Unlike you all of us here are educated comsumers. Why paid $1000 when you can get it for $500? The point I was making is that these people must think people are stupid enought to paid that much for it. They can keep shooting for the moon if they leave the price like that. Only a fool would set the price so unreasonable.

Yeah, it had a scope. His name is Levon Turner, big bald Mr. Clean looking guy. I sold him a mak90 a few years ago, now everytime I see him at the gun show he is asking ridiculous prices for everything he has. He's from Mobile AL I believe.

Yep, that's him!

It's converted too.

It was $1000 at the Kenner show, then $975 a couple of weeks later.

And now it's $950.

I think he will have it for a while.

I saw a factory Saiga at the last gunshow for some exhorbitant sum... I forget now... I have it listed in my "syracuse gun show" thread... in the general section...

Needless to say I laughed at the guy too... I have NO IDEA what they are thinking!!!

Here it is... read thru it... price is there.. I will let it be a surprise... LOL :lol:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=25293&hl=

:smoke:

Hey dumb ass GreenEye, you must be the guy that trying to sell this Saiga. I'm talking about a brand new wood thumhole stock...Unlike you all of us here are educated comsumers. Why paid $1000 when you can get it for $500? The point I was making is that these people must think people are stupid enought to paid that much for it. They can keep shooting for the moon if they leave the price like that. Only a fool would set the price so unreasonable.

so 500.00 for rifle + 200 - 300.00 for scope + 55 - 60.00 for bipod + 40.00 ea. for 3 mags I get 880.00 ?

why is this too much and by the way I'm not a dumbass

This is all strange stuff to me. I was scoping out Saiga prices at a gun show over here in Roanoke, VA just last weekend, and the only dealer there that ever has Saigas had a .308 for $350 I believe. He also had 7.62x39s for $275 and a .410, but I didn't bother checking the price. I don't think it was very high. The company is Dark Sun Rce., I think they're based out of Richmond.

But yeah, the sellers are pricing them that high because people are willing to pay that much. Like they say, There's a sucker.....

In cheap Saiga country,

Acer

i wish i still lived in va id go down to richmond just to get another .308 or a .x39 from them for that price. maybe when i go back down to visit my mom in the next month or so i will just do that. i paid about $300 for my 16" .308 brand new less than a year ago. came with a skeleton stock as well. idk. shit i guess my .308 since its never fired and brand new is worth what now $500+? lol

Yep, that's him!

It's converted too.

It was $1000 at the Kenner show, then $975 a couple of weeks later.

And now it's $950.

I think he will have it for a while.

The way I see it, you can ask what you want to ask for a converted rifle, being that it's your time that's invested and you can put a price any price you want on your time. But trying to sell a magazine at 90% mark up is totally unreasonable. The fact that he acted like a dick when I offered him a going rate price for the magazine pissed me off too.

Another funny thing was that I walked up to his booth and no one was there. I asked the guy next booth over where they were at and he shrugged. Then the dude and his son came walking up. Earlier that day some guy stole an AR from Marty at the Glock/Lonewolf booth (which he ended up getting back after they beat the thief's ass when they caught him trying to steal a case of ammo from the JEK ammo booth).

How are you going to leave a table full of guns unattended?

devildog1122, namecalling sure do maken U sound smart, Step away from the lead NOW !!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

My point is that the 308's are incredibly hard to get in my area, the last plain jane one I saw sold for $590 (plastic stock 16"). Would I pay $600 for a plain one? NO. But many would, and that is what they (high priced sellers) are counting on. And NO I am not selling my 308 anywhere.

Edited by GreenEye

so 500.00 for rifle + 200 - 300.00 for scope + 55 - 60.00 for bipod + 40.00 ea. for 3 mags I get 880.00 ?

If you read my post and understand English, I was referring to the "stock" 308, meaning like it is from the factory for nearly $1000. If you still don't understand, please read it one more time.

Edited by devildog1122

If you read my post and understand English, I was referring to the "stock" 308, meaning like it is from the factory for nearly $1000. If you still don't understand, please read it one more time.

devildog1122, WOW, with the layers of sarcasm you now are so smart as to be a rocket scientist. Again my point is this. Not too long ago a stock (as it came from the factory) 308 common pricetag was about $300, NOW the common pricetag is more like $500-$600. HOW long , at this rate , before the common pricetag doubles again. These price gougers may just be a few months ahead of the game.

I am not sure where people are coming up with $300.00 for an 8X posp optic... I think I paid $170.00 for mine...

$389.00 for a rifle...

$40.00 for a bipod

$40.00 each for mags... ( X3)

I only come up with $720 for this setup...

:smoke:

With time on my hands I browsed some online pricing...

Saiga 308 thumbhole @ Centefire $ 550

8x42 POSP @ Kalinka $250

Bipod (ballpark) $50 +

------------------------------------

total $850

Surefire 25rd @ MAA $ 45ea x 3

total roughly $1000

So starting price of $800 with no reserve and BIN of $950 doesnt seem that out of line with listed prices of some pretty regular everyday sources.

Cheers,

HarvKY

I got that scope for about $150 including shipping myself. If you paid more you got taken. Yeah, this is obviously a rip off meant to snag ignorant gun buyers.

Let's see, the scope is about $349.00 so they want $601.00 for the rifle.

Looks like mine except I went with the 3-9x42 zoom PSOP.

And with the rifle, scope, Choate stock and Surefire mags, I didn't pay anywhere close to that!