New Saiga-12 SBR

12 inch? so if you are not going to shorten the gas system will it run low brass? It's funny how good the bare metal looks on that thing would be nice to get that marine finish like some of the pumps have. Or wait is that bare metal or some kind of finish

I had thought of that but I don't know how well the clear would hold up. It is made to go over base coats and is basically just the resin and catalyst with out any titanium oxide or other materials they put in duracoat colors. I guess it would hold up if the surface was flat or "ruff" after blasting. Hey maybe I could add some pearl to it to make it look like a poo fly :haha2: that's what I did to my bath tub. Or maybe candy or large boat flake, would make Ed Roth proud

Edit to add fuzzy furniture

Edited by madmax4x4
I had thought of that but I don't know how well the clear would hold up. It is made to go over base coats and is basically just the resin and catalyst with out any titanium oxide or other materials they put in duracoat colors. I guess it would hold up if the surface was flat or "ruff" after blasting. Hey maybe I could add some pearl to it to make it look like a poo fly :haha2: that's what I did to my bath tub. Or maybe candy or large boat flake, would make Ed Roth proud

Edit to add fuzzy furniture

I was thinking about giving it a light spray of Molyresin stainless steel. It matches up pretty close. Also, thanks for the comments guys!!!

thanks,

Ron

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Hey, I was just wondering if you could tell me where you ordered this handguard with the vent on top.

I would appreciate it.

Please email me at: valforge@hotmail.com

Thanks.

just go to any sheet metal shop and ask for a strip of perforated 22 gauge...roll it and attach

Very Interesting, does it run with low brass?

Good luck getting an answer to that. The OP's last post in this thread was in Oct of last year.

You are right! I did not look at the dates on the thread! Thanks!

However, I asked because several had asked already and he had not answered the question. Frankly, I doubt that it would run low brass well like that.

You are right! I did not look at the dates on the thread! Thanks!

You should always look at the dates of "new (to you) threads" with lots of posts in them.

However, I asked because several had asked already and he had not answered the question. Frankly, I doubt that it would run low brass well like that.

Doctor Cheney did not agree with our policies - specifically the contributor/business membership policies. So he departed.

A shame, as his firm does excellent work on AKs and Saigas.

• 2 weeks later...