That freakin' blows, dude.... I hope you find the low life who stole it... :anger:

BTW, I really like your 'case'.... I may have to find a Les Paul case and do something similar. :up:

Edited by TR Young

wow, so what happend? they only broke into your trunk and specifically targeted your gun? doesn't that seem a little strange? i wonder if anyone you remotely know was staking you out or waiting for the right time...good luck, i'll keep my eyes peeled.

that is one unordinary weapon, Bill.

think about putting a sign "put it back, no questions asked" on a note on your trunk, (and honor it if you can)

it probably wont work, but its worth a shot.

Sorry about your loss

1. Perhaps post a bunch of signs with very large picture of just that unique "case" in the surrounding area and high traffic routes, etc.

That way you dont necessarily have to advertise that it was a gun stolen and bystanders "might" be a little more likely to give you a headsup - as opposed to anything having to do with a gun and its related consequences.

( wasn't sure from your post if it was just a small random piece of the case you found or if thieves had obviously seperated the weapon entirely from the case and discarded it? )

2. Hopefully the weapon does not get used in a crime!! As soon as a Saigas get pictured, publicized, etc. in terms of a crime event we're that much closer to their being pushed to the top of the the "to do" list by Biden, Obama, Emmanuel, et al.

Good luck

HarvKY

Sorry to hear what happened.

A friend who had an expensive stereo setup, disabled the interior trunk release (just cut the cable, I assume. I'm not sure), so the only way into the trunk, was with a key at the trunk itself. I'm not sure if that's doable, or efficient for you. Just throwing an idea out there, for future reference.

Hopefully, being that it is not a run-of-the-mill firearm, maybe it will be easier to track down (if possible at all, anyway).

I hope this ends well for you.

That sucks canal water!

Make damn sure the local constabulary entered it into NCIC and ride the detective's ass about it.

They have a nasty habit of putting weapons thefts on "automatic pilot" and sometimes forget to comb the pawn shops etc.

hey man we will be in a gun show in ctown tomorrow.

if there is any thing specific [stock, markings serial] we should keep our peeps tuned into please let me know.

pm if necessary

will be there with 5+ people at 9am or so..

selling a few cool things.. me just ditching a 3 month old hi-point c9

i know its lame, but what i took my ccw class with, then my wife shot it, then she let me told me to buy a Springfield Armory XD9! W00T!

love my wife...

Sometimes LE gets picked just because they know you have guns....you're a copper right? My brother had his house broke into for the same reason, fortunately the jackasses got drunk on his booze and were shooting the weapons in a park late at night and got busted. Even more, one was stupid enough to admit they brought a shotgun with them to cap him if he came home while they were there (at the price of 10 years). Most of these fuck heads aren't brain sergeons and their stupidity and willingness to run their mouth will get them cought. If you are LEO, put out some feelers and see what pops up. I know Atlanta is a lot bigger than St Louis, but stupid is as stupid does. Sorry they got you Azrial, and unfortunately, you're not the first forum member to have an S12 stolen. Good reason for everyone to take a look at the security of their stash. Good luck bud.

Bill - fire off a PM with the parts list and such to Tom so that we can work a bill up for your insurance claim. Your numbers are incorrect on the parts, as there has been a price increase across the board, even on parts. It goes by the cost to REPLACE IT on insurance, or at least on most policies. We are all with you, brother!

My Condolences....

Something we all need to do, write down all serial numbers of your guns, + make and model and keep it in a safe place. If something like this happens again then you report the weapons stolen to the police and you will get them back eventually. I had a friend who also had some weapons stolen from his trunk but did not get them returned by the police because he could not show proof that he had actually owned it!

Hang in their friend, think of it his way, would you rather have had your girlfriend get in a terrible car accident? Or lose your Saiga, I think you would have chose your saiga gone, think of it that way--

WOW!! Talk about bad luck. Hope it shows up in one piece and soon. Sorry about giving you grief earlier about it being in car.. Yeah we have a few ads in the local gunshow newsletter every month listing guns stolen at the show (probably out of cars, I never asked) . Never a good thing, and it gives gunshows a bad rap. Maybe we should do with gunthieves as was done with horsethieves a hundred or so years back, give them a rope necktie. Well, lets hope this one ends well.

moss pawn ATLANTA- Clayton County has a shiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttt load of saigas some already converted all high prices,barret 50 cals AKs,ARs and any other thing you want,also alot of S12s at the Atlanta show $599-$799 nobody buying them

Edited by pvt joker