• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Again.........

Hey speaking of hot russian girls, someone check out the Women of Izhevsk. I think the ones who are left must have eaten the cute small ones during one of the Russian winters.......... :smoke:

I was shocked when I was told by Clyde about this.

An incredible honor, for someone that truely deserves it, thats for sure! (put THAT on your resume)

Tom Cole will be the first American gunsmith to set foot in the factory, and one of only a few in the world to set foot in some of the dark places in that factory. Now, how that all happens, considering his EOD background and such, is probably going to be a fucking nightmare and a half! I wouldnt expect many pictures, people. Even I will not be asking Tom about what he does and sees there, and I work with the man.

I am proud to be associated with Mr and Mrs Cole, and I cannot think of anyone better to receive this honor......

Let me know if you want me to keep an eye on things and answer phones while you are gone. Im guessing that you will be away longer than the weekend....

(better tidy up the store and shop, cause the Russians are prolly going to check ya out, man....this isnt some tiny thing)

Here's my order:

9x53R Saiga.

Tigr in x54R

Tigr in .308

Tigr in 9.3x64R

Long Barrel versions plz :)

I've got the cash. If you bring the goods! :)

Edited by SaigaNoobie
Even I will not be asking Tom about what he does and sees there, and I work with the man.

Dont worry Ben... the rest of us on the forum WILL ask... you just keep your tinfoil hat on straight... you can read our posts... we will let you!! :lol:

Congrats Tom!!!! Thats AWESOME!!! If nothing else, I want to see a picture of you with MK!! I dont care WHAT shirt hes wearing! :up:

:smoke:

I do intend to take a box of drill bits. With a note on them that says.."Make gas ports this size"....

:haha2:

You should take a couple of gunfixer's plugs. I might be an a-hole, but it would be nice if they, or a reasonable knockoff came stock

I do intend to take a box of drill bits. With a note on them that says.."Make gas ports this size"....

:haha2:

You should take a couple of gunfixer's plugs. I might be an a-hole, but it would be nice if they, or a reasonable knockoff came stock

YES!... not to be an A-hole with Franz but.... You really should show dem rooskies what we yanks are doing to "improve" their design!

Tom,

While your there, please grab a t-shirt for me from the Izhmash Gift shop near the front lobby. Be sure to ask for the Yankee Imperialist/ Capitalist discount, oh and XLarge of course! :rolleyes:

Edited by Ronswin
Tom,

While your there, please grab a t-shirt for me from the Izhmash Gift shop near the front lobby. Be sure to ask for the Yankee Imperialist/ Capitalist discount, oh and XLarge of course! :rolleyes:

I'll try, This looks to be an interesting trip, I looked at the museum gift shop and I do intend to stop there.

I really hope to get a chance to sign a few of the factory inspection sheets that go in the shipping boxes. That would be neat to be the inspector.... :smoke:

Tom, they're going to love you, your a tough old bastard that can carry a conversation with anyone. This is good for the whole Saiga community, it will be an experience for all. Congrats! :super:

I really hope to get a chance to sign a few of the factory inspection sheets that go in the shipping boxes. That would be neat to be the inspector.... :smoke:

Put "VK was here" on one of them. Whoever ends up with it here in the states after importation, gets a free conversion from CGW. A Saiga lottery, if you will.

:super:

I'll be interested to hear how they test for function before sending them off to the USofA.

Also, tell them to GO BACK TO PINNING THE FSB... no one likes the divots!

Edited by SaigaNoobie

Tom,

This is a honor and priviledged journey your about to embark on. Be safe, cautious and glean whatever you can off them to not only better yourself but the community as a whole.

CONGRATS MY FRIEND!! :beer:

yeh Tom, grab some keychains..... LOL (what?)

man, I wish i could be there when you lay eyes on the "parts bins" and the end tooling.....I really would like to see that part, for real.......go get em dude. all of us are behind you. whatever I can provide, you know Im there......just "plan" ahead of time.

can you please remember to tell Mr K that the saiga12 is the best small arm on the planet? damn, dude. Show em the beast aint a trivial toy.......

anything you need from me, as always.....Ill even put my trip to Ohio on MY dime.......

The whole world knows you wont be home......I am coming to OH while you are gone, thats that......

...man, I wish i could be there when you lay eyes on the "parts bins" and the end tooling.....I really would like to see that part, for real.......go get em dude. all of us are behind you. whatever I can provide, you know Im there......just "plan" ahead of time.

can you please remember to tell Mr K that the saiga12 is the best small arm on the planet? damn, dude. Show em the beast aint a trivial toy.....

:eek: Damn, I saw that Ben had posted here from "New Posts" and was afraid that he was going!

I do not think that we can afford to risk war with the Russians right now! :lol:

That has nothing to do with me. I am not the 4th generation gunsmith or the 99.98% ATF total compliant records keeper of 30 years. The honor is not mine, its Tom's, and frankly, he deserves it, as does Vicki. Im just a pawn in the right place at the right time, is all....doesnt mean I cant be proud of the man I work for.

its ok, I would not even travel into mexico to give my own sster away last month at her wedding at a baja resort, let alone cross the st lawrence again. I may go to alaska one day, or hawaii even, but set foot off US soil again? slim chance dude. only if you make me.....and that isnt a threat, thats a promise :)

....besides, someone has to answer the phones and beat the rent out of the tenants!!!! :) That aint a weekend trip. it takes a day just to GET there, if you dont stop, and Tom has "things to take care of" there, to boot. I just dont like the thought that someone out there may think one of "us" isnt there in Ohio, even though there are people there that are watching out. I have enough travel in my life, than to take weeks off in eastern europe, fun or no fun. I have a "small" interest in making sure Cadiz Gun Works doesnt halt operations for 3 weeks, too. Shit stops, I dont get paid. Period. Even if not a single gun goes out without Tom's signature (which is how it will be, btw), there is PLENTY to take care of and get done in that timeframe. Do you have a time machine we can borrow?

Im sure Ill get to announce the next price hike too again LOL YAY!!!! (mutter)

Ben said: "its ok, I would not even travel into mexico to give my own sster away last month at her wedding at a baja resort, let alone cross the st lawrence again. I may go to alaska one day, or hawaii even, but set foot off US soil again? slim chance dude. only if you make me.....and that isnt a threat, thats a promise"

Ben you should add the disclaimer: "Unless VK has room in his luggage for me!"