We, meaning my unit, redeployed somewhere around the 15th or 16th from Iraq stopped in Ireland and a R&R lay-over in Germany for a few days. Had a hell of a time clearing customs...they are always ASSHOLES being nit-picky about every little thing...as if we wern't just kicking ass and taking names less then a week ago.

Anyways, I flew in Thursday night (09/24/09) dropped the rifle off at the armory and went home at about 2315hrs. Being so excited and jet lagged I couldnt sleep to I drug my ass throught the night and then into morning just to report in at 0730 to check in off my TAD Orders. Being that I was a augment to the unit I deployed with I needed to come off that and get reassigned, yeah and of course that took all frik'n day.

Friday night I enjoyed a home cooked meal, prepared by my wife :wub: , for the first time in about 6.5 months! :super: Let me just say WOW how good real, non-mass produced, food tastes is AWESOME. Saturday morning I woke up to my FAVORITE breakfast and then we just chilled out.

Glad were done with Iraq because I know I dont care to go back again...next one the choppiong block Afgan!! :ded: At least I have some dwell time before they try and push me out the door again.

Welcome home Marine!

From the "wife" POV, I can appreciate the home cooked meal thing! I know that my husband was loving my shepherd's pie after deployment...

Enjoy your dwell, and continue to do us all proud.

Semper Fi! Thank you for your service in America's finest fighting force.

Edited by bohound

Welcome home, Mike!

I hope they let you enjoy some of the freedom you've been risking your life halfway across the world to protect for awhile before they throw you back in the sandbox.

I've said it before but I'll say it again, thank you very much for your service to our country. :beer:

Glad you make it back safe. My GF's daughter is a helicopter medic in Afghan with 2 more months to go. Her mom's proud although she never stops worrying. Maybe your family can breathe easier now too, at least for a while.

Edited by VincentYGB