The Golden Age of 7.62x39 Ammo has begun

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just went to that site, and I don't consider 260 + $20 shipping for 1000 rounds of Wolf MC that great of a deal. I got 1000 rounds of Brown Bear for 228 shipped from Military Shooters; I also got i

I have to say, I just got my shipment from www.Luckygunner.com and not only was the price great, but I got the shipment in 2 days.

Roger that. I used to be big on buying silver and gold, but now I steadily pump more money in to two areas -- ammunition and food (in five gallon buckets, # 10 cans, and foil pouches). At last estim

Posted Images

My wallyworld here in Florida actually sold Uly for $3.79 a box!! I had to buy some, tax aside!

Wow. Sweet deal. I wish there was some way I could price match that!

I saw that other wallys have them for $4 something. I wonder why it's cheaper here? Strange.

• Like 2

Just ordered 500rnds of Uly from CTD... That'll keep a few mags loaded-n-ready for the zombie hordes. :electric_shock:

If business is good for another month or two, then I'll be able to think big and buy 6K, thats only $1140. +/- shipped.

And damn I hope the deal on Tula .308 is still going at AimSurplus then, I'll get 2-3K of that too.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 1

The best thing about building a stockpile is you can wait for these sales to pop up and take advantage of them.

If you are living hand to mouth so to speak it makes getting a good price much more difficult. I buy my yugo from JG any way since they are in AZ and it makes a small statement in view of the PRKs boycott. Besides they are good folks and never gave me cause to worry and I am not going to sweat a few bucks on that much ammo.

I enjoy the feeling of security buying bulk Ammunition brings me. Its kinda like buying Gold and Silver except without the devastating knowledge that Gold and Silver really serve no purpose....

Yep good call BigSal gold and silver assumes some kind of civilization remains after collapse while ammo becomes near priceless in such a situation and even attains high value even if the gold is accepted. One last word on this, even a small 10th of an oz gold coin would reflect roughly the same value a 100 dollar bill with no way to make change. Silver may well be the better choice.

I own some Silver and a Gold Sovereign, but honestly they were just things I got from my grandfather when he passed. Id rather have money in guns and ammo than Cash or Gold or Silver...

Also, JGsales is offering tins of 640 Uly ammo for $99 when you buy one of there rifles. Thats not a terrible deal considering they have low prices on their long guns.

Roger that. I used to be big on buying silver and gold, but now I steadily pump more money in to two areas -- ammunition and food (in five gallon buckets, # 10 cans, and foil pouches). At last estimate, I have enough food to last my family of five for 9 months, and lots of beautiful, shiny ammo. I am a happy, satisfied man.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Widener's Reloading has Wolf Military Classic 124 grain 8m3 HP for $199/1,0000 or $108/500. That is just dirt cheap for ammo that has awesome terminal ballistics.

I'm going to stick with stockpiling the Yugo milsurp and Remington for those special needs. Still say those brass cases make a world of difference even on the Saiga. Right now J&G is getting my biz first because they are in AZ and then because they have proven worthy.

• Like 2

This just in!!!

JGSALES has the Ulyanovsk for 179.99 per CASE!:killer:

I got that email also.

Checked their shipping charge and its $37 from AZ to KY ...arrgh

that makes it .217 cents per round for me / equivalent to $4.34 for a box of 20

Im still waiting for Golden Tiger to get back down to that range

Harv

• Like 2

This just in!!!

JGSALES has the Ulyanovsk for 179.99 per CASE!:killer:

I got that email also.

Checked their shipping charge and its $37 from AZ to KY ...arrgh

that makes it .217 cents per round for me / equivalent to $4.34 for a box of 20

Im still waiting for Golden Tiger to get back down to that range

Harv

Ouch, thats the key. Gotta stay away from that killer shipping.

Maybe it will be a better deal for som one else. GL

• Like 2

For you indoor range folks who require HP's..........1000rnd Wolf 7.62x39 122gr HP shipped to Buckeye State 221.96$ = .22c round The Armory

Don't buy it all up just now....Fixin to order another case.

Bang! Bang!

Edited by 1Darkstr
  • Like 2

I'm not gonna review the whole thread to figure out exactly who, but I seem to remember that a few folks were waiting on news of more Golden Tiger becoming available.

Here's a copy of an email Cope's sent me on Friday:

Back in Stock!!!!!Golden Tiger 7.62x39 124grn FMJ 500rd Case New Production 7.62x39 ammunition by Golden Tiger of Russia. Features 124grn Lead Core Full Metal Jacket bullet, Lacquer Coated Steel Case, and Berdan Primed Non-corrosive. $99.99 per 500rnd. Case... (Our $7.95 shipping applies to this ammo)...

That works out to ~20.8 cents/rnd after shipping. Not a bad price for some great non-corrosive FMJ ammo, (that's still lacquer-coated, not polymer).

• Like 3

At the gunshow today they had Golden Tiger FMJ for $118/500 rounds and Tula FMJ $109/500 rounds but they also charged tax. I found good online prices at CTD but since I live in Texas I have to pay tax there as well. Brown Bear is $97/500 and Silver Bear is $108/500, both FMJ. I really wanted SP and found the best prices for 500 rounds of Silver Bear SP at SGAmmo ($115 plus shipping of $14) and Sportsmans Guide ($129, free shipping). I went with Sprotsmans Guide since I had a few other things I wanted to get from them.

BTW, use the coupon code SH398 to get free shipping at Sportsmans Guide on all orders over $99, and the code SG1465 to get $15 off orders of $150 or more.

Edited by Tarheel72
  • Like 2

Some of you probably already saw this.

Still worth mentioning:

Wolf 7.62x39 Military classic HP at $209-1,000

http://www.ammoman.com/webstore_762x39.htm

Free shipping this week, makes this an extra good deal.

Wow, awesome :super: . Free shipping on ammo is pretty rare.

Edited by -Shooter-
  • Like 1

Ammoman always has free shipping.

The Military Classic hollow point (8m3?) is back up to 219. Still not a bad price depending on where you are located.

Much of the ammo next door in AZ cost more per round many times due to shipping.

This thread has saved me much $$$ and has adjusted my 7.62 levels comfortably.

Thanks for starting it bigsal.

• Like 1