TAC 12 T.G.R.S and T.A.R.G.E.T

We have to new products to hitting the market, Available now is the TAC 12 T.G.R.S which stands for Tactical Gas Regulating System. Its a hand adjusting Gas Regulator, it has easy to grip knurling and smooth edges to make adjusting with your hand possible, with no tools. This directs and maximizes the gas, optimizing cycling. One Good Looking Regulator....

TAC 12 T.A.R.G.E.T system "IN FINAL STAGES OF TESTING"

Tactical Auto Regulating Gas Ejection Throttle. Release Date TBD

TAC 12 T.G.R.S

Tactical Gas Regulating System.

This is a Hand Adjusting Gas Regulator, it requires not tools, however

you must manually adjust the settings with your hand.

post-16266-12739921326384_thumb.jpg

post-16266-12739921532441_thumb.jpg

post-16266-1273992175732_thumb.jpg

post-16266-12739921958949_thumb.jpg

post-16266-12739922103385_thumb.jpg

What's the difference between yours and Gunfixers? They look almost identical.

Looking similar, and preforming similar are two different things, I did not design Gunfixers, so I could not begin to tell you the intricate specifics of his design. How ever I do know mine.

I have used both products and I believe Nathans plug is a very good product, however I wanted more from my gas system than what was available.

We have designed our plug to start at the same and correct setting every time its installed and on every gun regardless of factory positioning. The TGRS is Hand Friendly, you do not need tools one might say that thats nothing new but from handling and installing 100s of other plugs I know this plug to be truly hand friendly.

Our T.G.R.S distributes the Gas efficiently and reducing or increasing volume per setting and is designed knowing that not all Saigas are created equal, with that in mind we have developed a setting system that is designed to work with the various number of ports sizes, numbers, and location.

• Like 1

We have designed our plug to start at the same and correct setting every time its installed and on every gun regardless of factory positioning. The TGRS is Hand Friendly, you do not need tools one might say that thats nothing new but from handling and installing 100s of other plugs I know this plug to be truly hand friendly.

Could you elaborate on this please? If the weapons come from the manufacturing plant with the threads clocked differently how can your plug start at the same setting every time? Maybe I'm misunderstanding your statement.

Could you elaborate on this please? If the weapons come from the manufacturing plant with the threads clocked differently how can your plug start at the same setting every time? Maybe I'm misunderstanding your statement.

It is not about where it bottoms out in the factory threads, our plugs are machined at the same thread start and setting every time so the position on the plug is the same on every plug, it is about positive and repeatable setting and determining what setting you are on to adjust accordingly.

• Like 1

Is there a reason that to date, no one has put a o-ring or metal ring like a piston ring at the front of the threads? I see you made provisions to put a tool in the plug for additional mechanical advantage in the event the plug gets stuck, but if you could keep crap out of the threads in the first place it seems like it would make the whole hand adjustable point a bit better. A whole new gas block/gas system would be cool-with MD talking about releasing a plug too it seems like you're all going to be fighting for the same peice of the pie. I look forword to reports on your design, it looks like you've done a good job from the pics.

First, let me say that I'm not here to shit in someone elses thread. I have nothing against Tac 47, and copies of my plug were inevitable.

Nobody copies junk, so it's a good thing in a way.

So, on my plug, the original design is for the threads to start in the same position in relation to the gas passages and detent notches. They are supposed to be made that way.

The problem is that the threads in the guns' gas block do not always start the same. You can put the same plug in different guns, and it will stop in different places on each one.

To answer the o-ring question, the heat would kill the o-ring rather quickly. Also, it would make the plug tighter and harder to rotate. The round cross section of the o-ring would probably fail to keep the blast pressure from passing. And lastly, there is a relief groove in the gas block at the far end of the threads that would prevent the o-ring from fitting correctly.

Looks nice. If nothing else it will keep me from cutting up my fingers every time I change the gas setting. Gunfixers plug is nice and works great but after 40-50 rounds it takes a little effort to change settings and I always end up slicing up my finger.

Is there a reason that to date, no one has put a o-ring or metal ring like a piston ring at the front of the threads? I see you made provisions to put a tool in the plug for additional mechanical advantage in the event the plug gets stuck, but if you could keep crap out of the threads in the first place it seems like it would make the whole hand adjustable point a bit better. A whole new gas block/gas system would be cool-with MD talking about releasing a plug too it seems like you're all going to be fighting for the same peice of the pie. I look forword to reports on your design, it looks like you've done a good job from the pics.

Pssst, this is good for the consumer, with many people competing for your business prices will go down.

Capitalism FTW!!!!

Looks nice. If nothing else it will keep me from cutting up my fingers every time I change the gas setting. Gunfixers plug is nice and works great but after 40-50 rounds it takes a little effort to change settings and I always end up slicing up my finger.

Yea I had to grind the sharp parts on all mine to. It jacked up the finish but made them finger friendly. If the price is right I will replace them for the ones above.

Yea I had to grind the sharp parts on all mine to. It jacked up the finish but made them finger friendly. If the price is right I will replace them for the ones above.

Im telling you this is real friendly to the hands...

Im telling you this is real friendly to the hands...

Can't wait to try one of those gas plugs! Keith put a Short Reset Trigger in one of my S12s and welded on HK sights and a charging handle. The work was top notch and the trigger is lightning fast, anything Keith puts his name on is going to be quality. If you live around Houston go pick up one of his guns at a Gun show, they look like a factory weapon.

It is not about where it bottoms out in the factory threads, our plugs are machined at the same thread start and setting every time so the position on the plug is the same on every plug, it is about positive and repeatable setting and determining what setting you are on to adjust accordingly.

First, I am not here to promote the new plug we are releaseing and wont be discussing it or answering anyones questions on it. And I am not bashing or saying your wrong about yours but... The gunfixer plug (Nate's plug) also has the threads start in the same place on every plug. When we was writing the program for the gunfixer I tried very hard to find a start location for the thread to make the plug start from the same position (1-) in every gun. And there wasn't a sweet spot to do this (at least not that I found) in all the samples I hand on hand at the time of running the first ones. So I settled on the start location that made the most guns possible start there. The only way I can think of to do this with the gunfixer would be to not start from the bottomed out position, which it seems you are refering to do. But actually the gunfixer design has everything to do with bottoming out the plug. As a plug is backed out it is moving out of the gas block and in turn opening up the high brass settings letting more gas in. A full turn backs the plug out .039xx (1mm). (This is one reason some guns are over gassed with high brass, random start location in the gas block and factory plug) With the gunfixer, to get full use of the 1-, +1, and 2 settings the 1 settings need to be the last settings past before the plug bottoms out. If 2 is the last setting you can pass when bottoming out the plug things change. Because you have to back the plug out back around to those settings. What I am getting at is in those guns (that bottom out after passing 2) the 1- setting is more equal to +1 and you lose 1-. And the +1 setting is more equal to the 2 setting and you lose the +1 setting... Because your have to back out around 350 degrees. That is roughly 1 full turn out, .035" more open than optimal. And since your ports and detents are the same (or at least close enough) as the gunfixer I am quite puzzled with the claims. Can you elaborate if you are starting the setting from a non bottomed out position or if there was in fact a sweet spot that I missed to make the 1- setting the last past in every gun. If there was I am baffled how it is possible with a random thread start location in the gas block. It has been over a year but if my memory serves me correctly it just wasn't possible with the samples we had.

But a self regulating design would make all of this not matter... I do wish you luck with that, it would be sweet.

First, I am not here to promote the new plug we are releaseing and wont be discussing it or answering anyones questions on it. And I am not bashing or saying your wrong about yours but... The gunfixer plug (Nate's plug) also has the threads start in the same place on every plug. When we was writing the program for the gunfixer I tried very hard to find a start location for the thread to make the plug start from the same position (1-) in every gun. And there wasn't a sweet spot to do this (at least not that I found) in all the samples I hand on hand at the time of running the first ones. So I settled on the start location that made the most guns possible start there. The only way I can think of to do this with the gunfixer would be to not start from the bottomed out position, which it seems you are refering to do. But actually the gunfixer design has everything to do with bottoming out the plug. As a plug is backed out it is moving out of the gas block and in turn opening up the high brass settings letting more gas in. A full turn backs the plug out .039xx (1mm). (This is one reason some guns are over gassed with high brass, random start location in the gas block and factory plug) With the gunfixer, to get full use of the 1-, +1, and 2 settings the 1 settings need to be the last settings past before the plug bottoms out. If 2 is the last setting you can pass when bottoming out the plug things change. Because you have to back the plug out back around to those settings. What I am getting at is in those guns (that bottom out after passing 2) the 1- setting is more equal to +1 and you lose 1-. And the +1 setting is more equal to the 2 setting and you lose the +1 setting... Because your have to back out around 350 degrees. That is roughly 1 full turn out, .035" more open than optimal. And since your ports and detents are the same (or at least close enough) as the gunfixer I am quite puzzled with the claims. Can you elaborate if you are starting the setting from a non bottomed out position or if there was in fact a sweet spot that I missed to make the 1- setting the last past in every gun. If there was I am baffled how it is possible with a random thread start location in the gas block. It has been over a year but if my memory serves me correctly it just wasn't possible with the samples we had.

But a self regulating design would make all of this not matter... I do wish you luck with that, it would be sweet.

I need some Pistol Grips.. Mike...

We ran into the same problem, in our early design, took allot of tinkering we have been working on this for a year... , and we have a solve. "And since your ports and detents are the same" Our plug is not the same as gun fixers.... Thats what I will say for now.. You scare me Mike, knowing you have a plug coming out any time now.. Good timing in all.. I would rather not say just yet how we made it work...

Cliff Evans

Tac 47 Industries

• 3 weeks later...

......We have designed our plug to start at the same and correct setting every time its installed and on every gun regardless of factory positioning.......

Since your threads start randomly, and the gas block threads start randomly, how can this even be possible???

Simply, it's not, and the gas block tests I did proved that out.

They are not, period. Either your programmer doesn't know what he's doing, no one checked the parts to see before starting the run, or you're just lying.

Pick one.

I would say your encoder needs replacing, but then if it did, the machine wouldn't cut threads at all correctly, so it's not that.

• 3 weeks later...

My T.G.R.S. bottoms-out on the #4 setting, precisely. No play after that final detent. Seems to me that the T.G.R.S. was designed to start out in the bottomed-out position, and back-off accordingly, from detent to detent. May just be mine, but I doubt it.

Still waiting to try Gunfixr's plug, though... Just as soon as MD gets resupplied.

Mine bottoms out a hair after the closed off setting. Couldn't get it to hand-adjust for shit at first, even wearing gloves. Easier to turn now that i've turned it several times.

post-7122-059797900 1277734676_thumb.jpg

They are not, period. Either your programmer doesn't know what he's doing, no one checked the parts to see before starting the run, or you're just lying.

Pick one.

I would say your encoder needs replacing, but then if it did, the machine wouldn't cut threads at all correctly, so it's not that.

If he were thread milling them they could be timed, but that's a money losing operation for this part.

If he were thread milling them they could be timed, but that's a money losing operation for this part.

The easiest way to time the holes would be to do all the turning first, then torque the plug into a threaded fixture to do the milling.

Is Css or MAA going to stock them? I hate to order one part at a time and be over charged for shipping.

We now have the USPS shipping option up so there is not that problem anymore. we never over charged for shipping, you paid what we paid, per UPS it you got charged 10 bucks it cost us 10 bucks. Now you have other options.

• Like 1

Is Css or MAA going to stock them? I hate to order one part at a time and be over charged for shipping.

We now have the USPS shipping option up so there is not that problem anymore. we never over charged for shipping, you paid what we paid, per UPS it you got charged 10 bucks it cost us 10 bucks. Now you have other options.

That's GREAT! An option that helps us ALL save. Often times, I will not order a $6 dollar item because it will cost $12 to ship. I consider that good customer service when you give options such as this... :super: