Well, it isnt so much my best shot, as much as I would call it my best group.

With the Savage, I put 5 .308 rounds into a .37" hole at 100 yards... It really isnt all that impressive really... as the Rifle is an F/TR and is designed to shoot F class competition out of the box...

Got the load data for that one listed in the reloading section ... plus pics of the target... :up:

here:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=41276

:smoke:

Small world, .37 is my best group with my Savage 300 RUM, but only a 3 shot group for me. My longest shot on animal was 475 yds, with same gun, a smallish doe (about 80 pounds) that dropped where she stood. Last summer I managed to shoot 2 crows that were lined up with a Savage 99 lever action at about 150 yds, that was pretty cool too.

I had just gotten my Ciener conversion kit for my 1911 and went to perforate some paper with it. I didn't really expect much out of their bottom of the line sale kit, but decided to try doing groups with it anyway at about 20 yards. I was getting some pretty respectable groups (2" or so) even though the sights were off. I started laughing because there was a fly buzzing around my target so I pointed it out to my wife and she started laughing as well. I squeezed the trigger once and it flew off in little circles and landed again. I aimed, squeezed and *splat* vaporized his ass. My wife didn't believe it and we argued for a minute about how it had just flown off. So we walked to the target (which I kept) and found a stray .22 hole and some splatter radiating from it... SCORE!! :lolol:

• 1 month later...

Using my NEF 410 I took a squirrel running as fast as it could from 35 yards. #6 bird shot, Doesnt sound like much, but I was 10 years old. Most of the shot went into its head, my father bout crapped himself when it death lunged off the branch and slammed into the ground.

I still have bragging rights for that shot, seen as he cant kill a rabbit from 15 yards sitting still LOL.

With a 1919 in 8mm I hit a 12" gong at 400yds, out of the short belt (50 rounds) I had 40 hits. For the record the trigger pull on the semi auto ones is pretty stiff but a good clean break.

Unless you want to go shotgun then I kicked up a pop can with my Saiga-12 and proceeded to push it downrange with 4 more shots. That was a whole lot of luck on that one though

I was deer hunting in North Alabama sitting on a hillside in a folding lawn chair watching a good area on the other hill across the hollow when I saw a doe grazing along about 400 yards out. It was sunny and her coat was shining in the sun and she was a perfect broadside shot except for the range. I have an old Ruger M77.270 Winchester that I've had since 1977 that likes 130 grain Remington the best. I have it zeroed at 100 yards so I aim about a good foot over it's back and squeeze one off. She bails off the hillside and disappears in the thicket, don't know if I hit her or not so I ride a 4-wheeler around to check it out. Damn if she wasn't laying there about 50 feet from where I shot her at, when I dressed her I couldn't hardly find the entrance hole and the exit wasn't much bigger, went between the ribs on both side and didn't expand much, it was probably coasting at that range.

Best shooting event

I had a friend out small game hunting for the first time (this was in MI). And I shot three squirrel and a grouse in about 15-25 secs WITH a mag change.

Half an hour later we met up with my brother, and my brother asks if he got anything he shot at.. He says "Nope, we were walking along and I see Mike running into the woods shooting like a machine gun. I thought he was just screwing around until I see that big bag of dead things. I did not fire a shot it was all him"

What stinks is a missed two birds that had been easy targets turning the mag change..

Best single shot was a raccoon from the top of a large yellow pine tree, I could not see him just his shadow. But since I like trying to show off, I fired my .22 rifle more or less blind. I heard the 'wump' of the round hitting flesh and took a long step back and picked up my .22 revolver with CBs. I even figured I'd try for more points by aiming at the ground. Little sickly bugger landed right at the spot I was aiming and I gave the likely already dead vermin another dose. Turns out both rounds went through its head within about half an inch of each other. Best part was that for 20 mins before we had been arguing over getting a shotgun to put it down, finally it was decided that it was "impossible" to get with the .22 and thats when I tired my luck.

I've probably had a couple dozen really cool things happen either hunting or shooting, they just get fuzzy.

One my brother did was shot at water filled milk jug with a slug from 50 yards, it looked like he missed but the cap was off. Turns out he nicked the cap and spun it off without mangling either the cap or the bottle.

Some guys were practicing their quick draw skills with six-shooters at a paper target ten yards away. I had no idea what I was doing but when they paused for a minute I walked up and gave try just for kicks. I drew so fast that I missed the whole target but I hit another gong target much farther down range. Without batting an eye I calmly holstered my gun and swaggered away as though I meant to do exactly that. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

about 2 weeks ago I nailed a squirrel in my backyard from about 65 yards with a break barrel Ruger Air Rifle (1000ft/sec pellets)with a 4x scope on it. Thought it was pretty decent considering it was a bb gun!

one of my favorite toys under $100

AirHawk_Box_1504_zm-5.jpg

about 2 weeks ago I nailed a squirrel in my backyard from about 65 yards with a break barrel Ruger Air Rifle (1000ft/sec pellets)with a 4x scope on it. Thought it was pretty decent considering it was a bb gun!

one of my favorite toys under $100

Ok now thats a damn good shot with a bb gun! I had an old crosman 760 bbgun with a small red dot scope on it and hit a small black bird (they were pesky around my aunts house) while in flight. I'd say about 30 or so yards.

My best shot was with my Daisy Power master 880. I played sick (11 years old) and was home alone with my new rifle. I had never shot it and decided I would open my window and give it a try. I took aim on a poor squirrel and my first shot (7 pumps) 40 yards and dropped the poor bastard. I had a lot of fun and trouble with that rifle.

Was fucking around at work. Using ink pens to throw and stick into the foam boards we had leaning against the back warehouse walls. Kid I was working with saw me doing this and thought it was cool. There was a small bird in the building up in the rafters and kinda aiming but really just fucking around threw it at the bird. Bullseye from about 30 feet angled off the ground. Killed the fucking bird and felt horrible. The kid I was working with ( I was probably 19 at the time) thought I was a ninja and wanted me to show him how to kill with my deadly pen throwing art. Best shot with a gun is kinda pathetic. Was at my range and we had some 2x4's standing on end out of the ground at the 100yard target. Guy was trying to hit the thing with his new MP-15 and was not getting anywhere close. I cut the thing in half first shot with a slug using the Saiga 12. We also have a steel gong hanging out on that same 100 yd target stand. I like to get the thing spinning one direction and then make it change directions while it's spinning. Working on long distance shots soon. Don't own any decent rifles for shots past 200 yards... yet. Building a 5.56 AR now and will be getting a Remington 700 .308 soon after.