Saiga 12 in slow motion

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As Promised   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB1o2isrCDI

Just picked up a Cassio EX-F1   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiQzeDUbdfA   Watch the mag.. no wonder the 3" mags break the lips...   Just getting use to the camera hope to take some better foo

btw 1:07 my ass was on the grass, I was sitting on my feet and fell backwards...   did anyone notice this....  

That's a badass camera. It would be great if you could get some footage with birdshot and magnums with the cover off where we can see how the carrier contacts the rear trunnion. Again, badass camera. I'm jealous....

Great video and thanks for posting it for all of us to view. And that it an unusual grip/trigger pull that you use. I have never observed anyone use their middle finger until this video, but it seems to work very well for you :super:

Thanks everyone, hopefully Ill get some better shots soon and find an editing program that doesnt degrade the video quality.

Great vid! Thanks. :super:

Do you happen to have some drums to vid for comparison?

I only have the MD 20

That's a badass camera. It would be great if you could get some footage with birdshot and magnums with the cover off where we can see how the carrier contacts the rear trunnion. Again, badass camera. I'm jealous....

Yeah sure, I can do a close up of just that (wouldnt make great Youtube material, but would be awesome for us s-12 guys)

Awesome video. May I suggest doing a slow-motion video from above the gun, facing the operator slightly, with the dust cover off, for the next one? :super:

Sure, sounds like a good idea.

The 2 frame rates in this video are 300 and 600, the camera will also do 1200 but it is SLOW! not quite slow enough to catch a bullet but too slow to make a video of a mag dump.

He uses his middle finger to dump the mag extremely fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0CkcuMOgzU&feature=related

Hopefully Ill get to film again this weekend so if theres any other requests let me know!

• Like 1

That is an awesome video!

If you wanted to shoot at 1200 frames/sec you could use your newer video editing software to adjust the frame rate afterwards by sampling the full data set at different frequencies. Thus the long time between shots could be made to appear faster but the shot coming out would be at one speed and the subsequent cycling of the action could be slightly faster (from the viewers point of view). I hope that makes sense, but then you could capture all the details but not make a 10 minute long video. smile.gif

If you wanted to shoot at 1200 frames/sec you could use your newer video editing software to adjust the frame rate afterwards by sampling the full data set at different frequencies. Thus the long time between shots could be made to appear faster but the shot coming out would be at one speed and the subsequent cycling of the action could be slightly faster (from the viewers point of view). I hope that makes sense, but then you could capture all the details but not make a 10 minute long video. smile.gif

hmmm... software suggestion?

• Like 1

OK, I went upstairs to ask my friends who do all the research using high speed cameras. If you have time and don't want to spend money you could download ImageJ and the plugin Slice Remover. They said that you could remove every Xth image and sew that together into a movie.

If you want to spend money my friend said that Final Cut Pro would do it "no sweat."

Sorry I don't have more, I've not done it myself but watched the handiwork of some of my friends.

OK, I went upstairs to ask my friends who do all the research using high speed cameras. If you have time and don't want to spend money you could download ImageJ and the plugin Slice Remover. They said that you could remove every Xth image and sew that together into a movie.

If you want to spend money my friend said that Final Cut Pro would do it "no sweat."

Sorry I don't have more, I've not done it myself but watched the handiwork of some of my friends.

Ive used Final Cut Pro, its excellent, but only on a MAC.. I have a PC..

• Like 1

OK, ImageJ is open source and written in Java so it can be run on a PC or a Mac. It'll just take more effort. Unfortunately, that whole research community that I went to talk to is stocked to the gills with Macs so they don't have any suggestions other than ImageJ for PC. Sorry I can't be of more assistance!

BTW, they mentioned the camera that you use and have one for the group for outreach purposes. They like it a lot.

OK, ImageJ is open source and written in Java so it can be run on a PC or a Mac. It'll just take more effort. Unfortunately, that whole research community that I went to talk to is stocked to the gills with Macs so they don't have any suggestions other than ImageJ for PC. Sorry I can't be of more assistance!

BTW, they mentioned the camera that you use and have one for the group for outreach purposes. They like it a lot.

ok, ill check ImageJ out

I really like the camera so far, its very picky about lighting when shooting in slow mo

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

In about an hour all your dreams will come true... lol

Finally got the video edited, just used my sisters MAC, this might be the coolest S-12 video on Youtube..

Just wait till you see what a 3" mag fireball from a 10" bbl looks like, it will honestly BLOW YOUR MIND (I wont give the surprise away)

There are many things you will see in this video that you've never seen before including the shot and wadding leaving the gun and striking objects

Also close up views of the internals with the dust cover off!

Im starting to get used to the camera, and I LOVE IT! :super:

Edited by JMac
  • Like 1

015.gif015.gif015.gif015.gif

Not only was that video technically fascinating but also artistically well executed. Instead of just showing the same sequence over and over, you use difference action sequences to demonstrate and guide to eye to different visual aspects of the action cycling.

Awesome.