Saiga 12 in slow motion

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As Promised   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB1o2isrCDI

Just picked up a Cassio EX-F1   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiQzeDUbdfA   Watch the mag.. no wonder the 3" mags break the lips...   Just getting use to the camera hope to take some better foo

btw 1:07 my ass was on the grass, I was sitting on my feet and fell backwards...   did anyone notice this....  

Simply outstanding videography, and the last video was especially well done. In another life, I was briefly on my way to video broadcasting, and picked up some training: All I was thinking the whole time I was watching was, "Yes, Yes and Yes!" Great editing! Simply Outstanding!

Fellas who posted videos:

Fucking. Badass.

And that it an unusual grip/trigger pull that you use. I have never observed anyone use their middle finger until this video...

So you've never seen the pic of Ruby shooting Oswald? C'mon mang, that's a classic!

I couldn't resist:

z_TH_P3_oswald.jpg

Edited by Kevin in Texas
  • Like 1

Thats pretty dang cool. Any chance of an encore performance featuring watermelons and milk jugs?

Hmmm Yes! need to go to the market and find some good deals on melons, think 2 3/4 would be enough or is a 3" mag essential?

2 3/4" buck/slugs are more than sufficient to annihilate melons and milk jugs, but why not go with 3", just to be sure. :D

I just saw that second video.... wow. That was extremely well done, sir. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who prunes foliage with his 12-ga. :D

I did notice that one FTE, (stovepipe), at ~1:28, (replayed at ~1:30), though. ;) I'm not sure if it's worth editing out, as most viewers probably won't catch it. Regardless, I think your 2nd vid is now my favorite S-12 video, bar none. Time to watch it again. :super:

thisthreaddelivers.jpg

Edited by post-apocalyptic

Thats pretty dang cool. Any chance of an encore performance featuring watermelons and milk jugs?

Hmmm Yes! need to go to the market and find some good deals on melons, think 2 3/4 would be enough or is a 3" mag essential?

2 3/4" buck/slugs are more than sufficient to annihilate melons and milk jugs, but why not go with 3", just to be sure. :D

I just saw that second video.... wow. That was extremely well done, sir. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who prunes foliage with his 12-ga. :D

I did notice that one FTE, (stovepipe), at ~1:28, (replayed at ~1:30), though. ;) I'm not sure if it's worth editing out, as most viewers probably won't catch it. Regardless, I think your 2nd vid is now my favorite S-12 video, bar none. Time to watch it again. :super:

thisthreaddelivers.jpg

I left the stove pipe in so you can see that it is the same clip in real time, it was filmed with 2 cameras at once :) You really dont get a feel of how fast the mag is being emptied with out the normal speed shot.

After watching it in slow speed I think that the upswept charging handle could be the suspect for some of my failures.

THanks! please pass it on to anyone who likes AK's and please subscribe! I really enjoyed making this video, and anticipate filming the next. Keep the ideas coming and Ill keep the cameras rolling!

need to find a good deal on some 3" mags... any suggestions?

thisthreaddelivers.jpg

I left the stove pipe in so you can see that it is the same clip in real time, it was filmed with 2 cameras at once :) You really dont get a feel of how fast the mag is being emptied with out the normal speed shot.

After watching it in slow speed I think that the upswept charging handle could be the suspect for some of my failures.

THanks! please pass it on to anyone who likes AK's and please subscribe! I really enjoyed making this video, and anticipate filming the next. Keep the ideas coming and Ill keep the cameras rolling!

need to find a good deal on some 3" mags... any suggestions?

I agree with your decision there.. just sayin that it didn't go unnoticed. ;) I think that the (Tromix skull) Galil style charging handle contributed to that, you could see it batting around ~70% of the shells immediately after ejection.

I've already linked your vid on the 7.62x39 forum and emailed a link to my brother. :D It really is impressive, man.

My idea is simple: show a sequence of rapid fire, emptying an entire MD-20 full of buckshot, with the dust cover off, from just behind, above, and to the right of the shooter. Targets should be melons, jugs of water, water-filled 1.75L liquor bottles, or all of the above.

I'll see if I can find a good buy on 3" shells.....

Edited by post-apocalyptic

JMac, If I were you I would send a copy of that to someone at The History Channel or some of the gun rags and outdoor shows. I bet you might find yourself a new job pretty darn quick. Beautiful work. I was serious about sending it in!!!!!!

Not only was that video technically fascinating but also artistically well executed. Instead of just showing the same sequence over and over, you use difference action sequences to demonstrate and guide to eye to different visual aspects of the action cycling.

Awesome.

VERY well executed. Any manufacturer would do well to grab you to do a promo video. you have an eye for more than just the basics. hell, i'd like to have you shoot a video of me playing with my toys just because that looked so awesome. great choice in music also.

Caspian

I agree with your decision there.. just sayin that it didn't go unnoticed. ;) I think that the (Tromix skull) Galil style charging handle contributed to that, you could see it batting around ~70% of the shells immediately after ejection.

Yup, I was going to add one to my S12 until I saw it hitting those hulls like that.

Not only was that video technically fascinating but also artistically well executed. Instead of just showing the same sequence over and over, you use difference action sequences to demonstrate and guide to eye to different visual aspects of the action cycling.

Awesome.

VERY well executed. Any manufacturer would do well to grab you to do a promo video. you have an eye for more than just the basics. hell, i'd like to have you shoot a video of me playing with my toys just because that looked so awesome. great choice in music also.

Caspian

Speaking of demoing, hows the warthog demo coming? :smoke:

You Sir are my newest Hero! :super_man:

With all I'm going thru right now, with my Dad dieing, your videos put a smile on my face.

Out Fucking Standing :exciting:

Sorry to hear about your loss, your comment alone is justification enough for making this video. Just doing what I love and sharing it with others who share my passion. Thank you for sharing this comment with me it means a lot.

Awesome.

Caspian

Speaking of demoing, hows the warthog demo coming? :smoke:

Still have received it in the mail yet :rolleyes:

But as soon as I do give me about 2 weeks and the saiga-12 forum as well as youtube will see what the fire ball from a warthog looks like on a 10" SBS in slow motion :super:

Yup, I was going to add one to my S12 until I saw it hitting those hulls like that.

You should be alright to have one. I have seen the factory handle do the exact same thing (not quite as slowly though, lol). The galil style may increase the chance though. If you watch again you will see other clips ejecting good and clear past the handle. I am guessing one of two things was the cause. Either his gun was very clean and needed to seal up with a little fowling or it was getting dirty and causing too much drag. Jmac, was that sequence with the weak ejection right after cleaning or was the gun getting dirty?

I think I know what my next camera is going to be. Do you know if there is a camera that does more than 1200 fps, one that isn't 10000 bucks I mean, lol!