Kushnapup V Bullpup

I know bullpups have been talked about quite a bit in the past, but just saw this new video on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC-DLydbFQQ

home-kush-1.jpg

Has anybody actually shot one of these? I have seen quite a few different designs in the past. This thing looks 1/2 descent though. Nice that it uses the MD-20 also, not for sure how practical it would be.

Edited by purduepurdy
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As if someone with Tony's EXPERIENCE AND REPUTATION FOR EXCELLENCE is going to do something dumbass like that. He's not dragging the fucking dowel behind his Landcruiser after he measures it and marks

Thats right Tony, keep dropping your wooden dowel down peoples shotgun barrels until it touches the closed bolt face at 18". Until the bottom of your dowel fray's out a little bit shorter each time a

Nice that it uses the MD-20 also, not for sure how practical it would be.

I assume it would cause a massive chicken wing, and would probably be an awkward shot. I've shot a 7.62 bullpup before, it was awesome, but unless you're running around in alleyways all day it really isn't that much more convenient.

Ugh, It looks SOOOO good though.

Edit: Typo

Edited by Bullensmash

I like the way it looks, but there is no way I'd drop 200 bucks on something I can't hold.

Also, why is he shooting it like that? I'd like to see him fire it like a normal person, not a streaking night time gunman.

*edit- anyone else notice there is no pictures/video that show the safety selector??

Edited by PVT Pablo

My thoughts also PVT Pablo. Someone on here like an admin (or someone who we trust) should obtain one and review it. The dude could make some money on here if its a quality product and was willing to let someone review it.

Edited by purduepurdy

That looks awesome. Much better than the version they had before.

Question though, it says it only works on an unconverted gun. Can you change out enough internal parts to be 922r compliant to use hi cap mags? I know the mags count for like 3?

Edit: I read on his site that its made here in the states so I guess it counts as a stock as well.

Edited by Shadoh

Could the video be any more horrible?

Here's a pic that shows the safety selector:

http://www.kushnapup.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/photo2.jpg

Looks like it's just a cutout in the stock, allowing access to the lever.

I noticed the FAQ repeatedly calls the S-12 a "rifle".

Yeah. I guess the Bolt Hold Open is at the top of that smooth, deep slot behind it. If I could see a review by someone (admin) here that we could all trust; I would dive in ad be a reseller! They sure look cool! You just have to relearn the mag changes and get used to a much lighter front end. The Muzzle-Lite kits work very much the same. They have been called cheap and cheezy but they work reliably. I've been selling them for 12 years and the only complaint has been "spongy" trigger.

My 2¢

I think that is the best looking of all the S12 bullpups I've seen. In terms of function I'd need to handle it. I like bullpups generally but haven't been wowed by those that were converted to bullpups as opposed to built as one from the get go.

Magazine changes on a saiga 12 bull pup would be a chore at best. It does look great, but practicality the concept is questionable at best.

I'd like to be able to run a mag well. At a minimum I'd mod the bolt. Even then it would be a pain because of the release.

It looks interesting enough that I'd like to see more of it.

I think that is the best looking of all the S12 bullpups I've seen. In terms of function I'd need to handle it. I like bullpups generally but haven't been wowed by those that were converted to bullpups as opposed to built as one from the get go.

Magazine changes on a saiga 12 bull pup would be a chore at best. It does look great, but practicality the concept is questionable at best.

I'd like to be able to run a mag well which their sight says one can. At a minimum I'd mod the bolt. Even then it would be a pain compared to other guns because of the release location. None of my bullpups allow for mag changes as fast as say an AR. Its one of the trade offs. I wonder how the trigger is.

It looks interesting enough that I'd like to see more of it.

That "demonstration" video is gayer than AIDS.

Someone should let that moron know that you don't need to bullpup a S-12 to shoot it from the hip. Hell, he didn't even look good doin it.. he looked awkward and inexperienced. Nice costume and voice-garbling as well. :rolleyes:

WTF is that idiot thinking? The only significant advantage of a bullpup design over a simple folding stock is how much shorter it is while shouldered and.. *sigh*, I could go on and on. :D

If anyone actually manages to acquire one, (at some unknown nebulous future date), a review here would be cool.. but from what I've seen, the "Kushnapup" is just a silly waste of money.

ymmv.

I think he is squating down that far to use the drum over his leg in place of the stock. Should have shown from the shoulder as well with some sticks. Can't say for sure but it looks like drums from the shoulder would be akward. Someone needs to make some double stacks... :angel:

• Like 1

Personally I think it is a great idea but the stock S12 trigger blows. The stock trigger with an extra linkage or two would only serve to amplify that. If this guy would design it to work with a converted trigger group I would consider it. What was he thinking when he made that video with the drum and the chickenwing stance???? Somebody has been drinking the ARFCUM Kool-aid again... Surprize it doesn't have a 203 launcher and three Trijicon Ta31's attached.

I flat don't like this design, not at all.

I'd be interested to hear the particulars of why you don't like it.

but from what I've seen, the "Kushnapup" is just a silly waste of money.

No offense but what have you seen of it that really lets you form a meaningful opinion on it. The thing might be garbage but it is hard to say without ever seeing one in person or handling it I think it is hard to say its junk.

the stock S12 trigger blows. The stock trigger with an extra linkage or two would only serve to amplify that.

That is a concern of mine as well.

I also think it is funny that people are all over this guys nuts about the idea being around for two years and it not being to market yet. There are plenty of vendors and products that took a good while to get to market after the initial idea was announced. There are other products that still aren't to market despite a fair amount of time having passed since they were initially announced. In fact another forum member announced his intention to offer bullpup kits over a year ago. That has shown less progress than the kushnupup redesign to address 922r issues. Yes at this point it is vaporware but even if the guy fully intends to produce the thing I'm not surprised it is taking some time.

Edited by Zambidis

Personally I think it is a great idea but the stock S12 trigger blows. The stock trigger with an extra linkage or two would only serve to amplify that. If this guy would design it to work with a converted trigger group I would consider it. What was he thinking when he made that video with the drum and the chickenwing stance???? Somebody has been drinking the ARFCUM Kool-aid again... Surprize it doesn't have a 203 launcher and three Trijicon Ta31's attached.

Trigger pull is my biggest concern now with some kind of rod to link to the trigger it has got to be heavy...and the fact I don't have an s12 to put it on. It's a pre-order in that the first 1000 are $200 then it will go up to $450. Shipping is 2 days after order.

I don't like the super-AUG "foregrip" thingy. If they wanted it to be AUG-style and have a guard for the trigger hand, that's fine, but they should have just put a short rail at the front (where the "grip" is now) so the user could add whatever kind of grip they want.

Also, I don't like the lack of options for irons. I'd feel better if there was a AK-ish front sight dealio...maybe with a bayo lug option as well. :smoke:

A magwell would also be perfect for a bullpup. I know installing an S12 mag in the bullpup position would kick my ass. Kinda akward. If there was a magwell tho.... :super:

I live in a state where SBR/SBS are banned....so something like this would be pretty sweet for me. I always like my "long guns" as short as possible, unless the thing is being built to snipe.

Edited by jekbrown

$450!(laughs) Good fucking luck. Magwell or automatic lrbho would make it usable.

Hair trigger? Hair of what kind of animal? Porcupine? alligator? Even if you were able to create a lever system that would give a reduction of pull resistance the travel would have to be 2 inches or more.

For example: if the stock trigger breaks at #10 @1/2 inch and a "hair trigger" is less than #3 simple math would tell you you would need a 3:1 reduction (for #3.33 @ 1 1/2 inches with absolutely no flex or friction)

Friction and flex must also be accounted to arrive at a realistic number. I am pretty confident that a 4:1 would yield very close to #3 @ 2 inches, 5:1 would be a "hair trigger" for #2.5 @ 2 and a half inches of travel! That would be a huge trigger guard and calisthenics for the trigger finger not to mention worthless for rapid fire.

$450.... (shakes head)