The ranges I frequent are usually busy. Maybe not full but there are always people comming and going. Most likely a seasonal thing. Schools are about to start, home maintenance, yard work, vacations,....

Here in northcentral Illinois the heat, humidity are a dampener. The bugs sort of take over too, and then the corn is so tall that the farmer notices that there is divets in the fields, nothing like an AK or a .12 ga to take corn stalks out. soon croips will be out and then the fun resumes.........

Yeah the overspending days on guns and ammo has come to its end. Obama spurred a lot of panic demand and now there are lots of guys stuck with stuff that they didn't really need, but bought in the scare.

I think now people are just going out from time to time with stock on-hand and replacing as necessary instead of stocking up.

We have a reported unemployment of 14.8% (likely much more with the people that have just given up on it all)in Nevada. That will definitely take its toll on recreation time and $$$. I am sure Reid and Obama are going to keep trying to get us up to 30% so they can finally run the rest of our lives, but I think it will turn around after November before they get their chance.

Yeah the overspending days on guns and ammo has come to its end. Obama spurred a lot of panic demand and now there are lots of guys stuck with stuff that they didn't really need, but bought in the scare.

I think now people are just going out from time to time with stock on-hand and replacing as necessary instead of stocking up.

We have a reported unemployment of 14.8% (likely much more with the people that have just given up on it all)in Nevada. That will definitely take its toll on recreation time and $$$. I am sure Reid and Obama are going to keep trying to get us up to 30% so they can finally run the rest of our lives, but I think it will turn around after November before they get their chance.

Off topic, I find it funny that we on this board would be the exact people that the Federal Gov. would try to characterize as violent fanatics, the left especially, and yet all they would see from us is talk of November when lawful peaceful elections are held to solve things. Back on topic.

It's been a mix of too hot or too wet here in Kansas.. for a few weeks it was averaging at around 100º-105º and the heat index would get up to 115º. It finally cooled down here 2 days ago and then it started raining so now it's too muddy to get to my shooting spots and the closest public rifle range is almost a 2 hour drive from here..

I can't catch a break! :cryss:

Here in Idaho its around 80-90 degrees. We have one free range near my home and it isn't nearly as busy as it was 5 years ago when I moved here. I think shooters, like so many of you have already said, are feeling the pinch. I only go out twice a month now instead of once a week like last summer. Hopefully the economy improves soon. :dollar:

There is nothing like western Washington in the summer time. Not that we don't get our share of 80s and 90s, but there are a lot of 60s and 70s days in the mix, too. That makes it much more bearable. I haven't been to the range in a while but I drive by there all the time. I think there has been a noticeable decrease in gunfire that I've heard so it's more than the weather that's keeping people away. I'd put the blame on the economy more than anything else.

...it isn't nearly as busy as it was 5 years ago when I moved here. I think shooters, like so many of you have already said, are feeling the pinch. I only go out twice a month now instead of once a week like last summer. Hopefully the economy improves soon. :dollar:

5 years ago when those "evil" Republicans were in charge? I don't know about you, but I was doing far better financially 5 years ago than I am today. I think the fact that you blame Bush for our country's current economic problems is both ridiculous and intellectually dishonest. Democrats assumed control of Congress in 2007!!

Anyway... here in picturesque western CO it's usually ~85-95F and dry this time of year. This summer we're getting some Monsoon bullshit so the temp has varied from ~75-85F day-to-day and it's been far more rainy than is normal. We get some precip every day, and have for the last month. Still, my "range" is more than dry enough to 4X out to and shoot.

The problem hasn't been the weather. The problem has been $; I just paid another $3k to the bloodsucking lawyer to defend myself against that bullshit state gun charge, with an Oct trial date, (this's been posted before, PM me if you really want more info). :sick:

I should get my new PK-23 early next week, and I still have a couple thousand rounds of 7.62x39, so I should get some good range time, (with video/pics), in soon :killer:

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • Like 1

...it isn't nearly as busy as it was 5 years ago when I moved here. I think shooters, like so many of you have already said, are feeling the pinch. I only go out twice a month now instead of once a week like last summer. Hopefully the economy improves soon. :dollar:

5 years ago when those "evil" Republicans were in charge? I think the fact that you blame Bush for our country's current economic problems is both ridiculous and intellectually dishonest. Democrats assumed control of Congress in 2007!!.

Anyway... here in picturesque western CO it's usually around 85. This summer we're getting some Monsoon bullshit so it's been far more rainy than is normal. We get some precip every day, and have for the last month. Still, my "range" is more than dry enough to 4X out to and shoot.

The problem hasn't been the weather. The problem has been $; just paid another $3k to the bloodsucking lawyer to defend myself against that bullshit state gun charge, (this's been posted before, PM me if you really want more info). :sick:

I should get my new PK-23 early next week, and I still have a couple thousand rounds of 7.62x39, so I should get some good range time, (with video/pics), in soon :killer:

$3k! Man, are you gonna get the 20 back?

The problem hasn't been the weather. The problem has been $; just paid another $3k to the bloodsucking lawyer to defend myself against that bullshit state gun charge, (this's been posted before, PM me if you really want more info). :sick:

$3k! Man, are you gonna get the 20 back?

Yeah, that makes $8k so far in legal fees. :ded:

If I win, (I think I will, else I'd be a fool to pay for the lawyer), I will get my SGL20 back, (rifle has XS iron sights and AK-103.com chromed '74 brake on it). What they've seized, (rifle, Bulgarian (30) poly mag, and 20 JHP 7.62x39 rounds), is worth quite a bit of cash.

Ultimately, the lesson I learn from this experience will be invaluable: Never, (and I mean fucking never), open the door of your home to a police officer unless he has a warrant in hand.

• Like 5

...If I win, (I think I will, else I'd be a fool to pay for the lawyer), I will get my SGL20 back, (rifle has XS iron sights and AK-103.com chromed '74 brake on it). What they've seized, (rifle, Bulgarian (30) poly mag, and 20 JHP 7.62x39 rounds), is worth quite a bit of cash...

I should clarify: I am spending ~$8k primarily to defend my good name, not just my property. Before this incident, I had zero police record, (I had never been arrested of course), and I am an honorably discharged USAF veteran.

...Ultimately, the lesson I learn from this experience will be invaluable: Never, (and I mean fucking never), open the door of your home to a police officer unless he has a warrant in hand.

This bears repeating. Read the above and fucking believe me. The police are not your friends. They are primarily revenue collectors directed to charge the citizenry with any and all crimes they can remotely fake justification for.

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • Like 3

...If I win, (I think I will, else I'd be a fool to pay for the lawyer), I will get my SGL20 back, (rifle has XS iron sights and AK-103.com chromed '74 brake on it). What they've seized, (rifle, Bulgarian (30) poly mag, and 20 JHP 7.62x39 rounds), is worth quite a bit of cash...

I should clarify: I am spending ~$8k primarily to defend my good name, not just my property. Before this incident, I had zero police record, (I had never been arrested of course), and I am an honorably discharged USAF intel veteran, (served the majority of my contract at NSA HQ, Ft Meade, MD).

...Ultimately, the lesson I learn from this experience will be invaluable: Never, (and I mean fucking never), open the door of your home to a police officer unless he has a warrant in hand.

This bears repeating. Read the above and fucking believe me. The police are not your friends. They are primarily revenue collectors directed to charge the citizenry with any and all crimes they can remotely fake justification for.

POST:> This, at least, we agree on. I will consider it a small victory against these thugs when you get your property back. I just wish you didn't have to shell out so much cash to the lawyer. :smoke:

ON TOPIC:> I dunno, its sad to see everyone cutting back, but that does mean ammo prices are getting back to normal (for surplus anyway).

Edited by bigsal

I've bought 2 Glocks within a month, but I won't be spending anymore any time soon. The last Glock was a G19, and I have a lot of 9mm on hand, so it won't hurt the wallet to go shoot that and my 9mm AR. I also have a dedicated .22 AR that obviously doesn't cost much to feed. Those will be my main shooters for awhile, because of cost.

Otherwise, I'm tightening down my spending for the time being.

I went out to my gun club this afternoon and I was the only one there. This is unusual for a perfect Saturday in Idaho.

As you guys can see, my VW was the only car in the place.

img1483w.jpg

Not a soul....

img1484py.jpg

The shells at my feet look as though they have been corroding for some time... Is this the end of our hobby? An omen of things to come? :cryss:

img1485.jpg

(I think I am the only guy to ever shoot at that range and wear Birkenstock's...__) :lolol:

Edited by bigsal

I went out to my gun club this afternoon and I was the only one there. This is unusual for a perfect Saturday in Idaho.

img1483w.jpg

Not a soul....

img1484py.jpg

The shells at my feet look as though they have been corroding for some time... Is this the end of our hobby? An omen of things to come? :cryss:

img1485.jpg

(I think I am the only guy to ever shoot at that range and wear Birkenstock's...__) :lolol:

I thought you were selling that thing?

img1483w.jpg

Not a soul....

img1484py.jpg

img1485.jpg

I thought you were selling that thing?

Its sold pending funds, but I had like 60 rounds left, so I shot her one last time before I have to ship her out on monday! :super: