Gun owners are fucked...

It's a terrible situation that these people died, and that the woman is injured so badly.. but it's also going to be a devastating blow to those that own firearms. Especially since this was against a government official.

It's even worse that the people pushing for new laws don't know shit about guns or ammunition in the first place.

Gun owners are fucked...

It's a terrible situation that these people died, and that the woman is injured so badly.. but it's also going to be a devastating blow to those that own firearms. Especially since this was against a government official.

It's even worse that the people pushing for new laws don't know shit about guns or ammunition in the first place.

I'm not too worried yet, but yes, McCarthy is the same nitwit who didn't know what a barrel shroud was although she tried to get them banned. She called it the "shoulder thing that goes up". :lolol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ospNRk2uM3U

Edited by DogMan

I will just say this.

If you dont think you can win the war with a single shot 22, then you probably arent as american as you might think you are.....

if more people were armed, ESPECIALLY in that warzone of a city, this shit would STOP HAPPENING.

spineless pussies. shoot back. grow a set.

• Like 1

I fucking hate that bitch. She can't make a statment about guns without coming across as ignorant, and she is one of the most vocal voices.

Can't the rest of NY realize she is a idiot with a chip on her shoulder, and not fit to lead?

evil-empire-state_design.png

What is interesting is when legislation comes out so quickly. The line "as soon as Monday" makes you wonder if legislators have a bunch of bills in the wings waiting for the right opportunity and then come out and say "tah dah!"

Pretty much. This incident would not have been stopped by any sort of gun control. People like McCarthy just have the bills waiting to go and then pounce on a tragedy to try and get it passed.

For those who don't know, McCarthy's whole career is built on the fact that her husband was killed in the LI RR massacre like 20 years ago, she then ran for senator in her (understandably) angry, emotional state and has been a gun control advocate ever since. I'm sorry her husband was killed by a looney, but there's no good reason several million people are denied their constitutional rights because of her own desire for vengeance.

Also, while this has a low chance of passing, it is something to keep an eye on. The anti's are not as stupid as many seem to think they are, and they have learned from their mistakes in the late 80's. A second "Assault Weapons" ban would be a 1-feature CA style ban, not a 2-feature east-coast style ban. Likely, even people in current ban states would be effected as well. Expect also for it to include clauses to allow the AG to deem guns "assault weapons" and/or modify the list as needed to stifle attempts to comply with the ban.

Edited by Classy Kalashnikov
  • Like 4

"...pounced on the shooting massacre in Tucson Sunday, promising to introduce legislation as soon as Monday targeting the high-capacity ammunition the gunman used."

http://www.politico....0111/47338.html

That's right folks... "high-capacity ammunition".

they are going to love the new program SONS OF GUNS

Well according to the folks at the Brady center Glocks are not suitable for hunting or SELF DEFENCE?

If someone else there had been armed they might have been able to stop the shooting before the mag ran dry.

The press will blame the gun, the mags, the ammo, the law, but not the shit for brains that did the shooting.

I fucking hate that bitch. She can't make a statment about guns without coming across as ignorant, and she is one of the most vocal voices.

Can't the rest of NY realize she is a idiot with a chip on her shoulder, and not fit to lead?

Bro, they seriously need to separate the rest of your state from that shitty city that resides in it.

Every time I'm there, it's like being in two different worlds.

• Like 2

What is interesting is when legislation comes out so quickly. The line "as soon as Monday" makes you wonder if legislators have a bunch of bills in the wings waiting for the right opportunity and then come out and say "tah dah!"

Pretty much. This incident would not have been stopped by any sort of gun control. People like McCarthy just have the bills waiting to go and then pounce on a tragedy to try and get it passed.

Ain't that the truth. It almost makes you wonder if somewhere along the line this guy was "encouraged" by someone to commit some sort of violent act. But I'm probably just paranoid there.

I did hear one positive interview though. Can't remember the guys name, but he basically stated that the shooter used a Glock.. "the same gun carried by many law enforcement officials... and in certain situations, that gun could be used to save many people's lives... it was just in the hands of an unstable individual.." something to that effect. You rarely hear people defending firearms after a situation like this. I think it was on Meet The Press.

Well according to the folks at the Brady center Glocks are not suitable for hunting or SELF DEFENCE?

If someone else there had been armed they might have been able to stop the shooting before the mag ran dry.

The press will blame the gun, the mags, the ammo, the law, but not the shit for brains that did the shooting.

Exactamundo. Hell after lincoln was killed did they outlaw small muzzleloading derringers? no. and he was PRESIDENT!! I do mourn this sad day, but like he said, the guns/ammo will be blamed, not the moron with a straight jacket using the gun.

At this rate if shit goes thru like it is I will never own an AK. Unless Rep. Gifford comes out fine and puts away with that bitches new proposal.

Bro, they seriously need to separate the rest of your state from that shitty city that resides in it.

I love NYC, for the city itself. I used to make semi-frequent trips there when I was living in NY. But I hate the politics there, obviously. Great place to visit, but I wouldn't live there in a million years.

That being said.....I agree, NYC should become it's own state and keep it's own politics. Let the rest of NY be free.

I'll never be able to wrap my head around how anti's think the 2nd Amendment has anything to do with hunting.

They don't. But if they can get population (us) arguing about it then it becomes an "issue". We give it credibility

by suffering it.

They sure don't waste time exploiting a tragedy.

They certainly dont! Im sure some of them have been waiting for just an occasion.

Its been on non stop for 3 days now. Im actually sick of hearing about it. They didnt spend too much time on the other 4 people killed, they talk

mostly about the congresswoman and judge. That poor little girl should be getting more press than any of them. Im sorry they got shot, but people get shot down every day

and we never hear about it, not to mention all the death, violence and tragedy overseas. If it was not a congresswoman and judge, it would have been old news by now.

• Like 1

That being said.....I agree, NYC should become it's own state and keep it's own politics. Let the rest of NY be free.

Try living in IL, Chicago has made this entire state into a bunch of unarmed targets.

Pennsylvania Rep. Robert Brady, a Democrat from Philadelphia, told CNN that he also plans to take legislative action. He will introduce a bill that would make it a crime for anyone to use language or symbols that could be seen as threatening or violent against a federal official, including a member of Congress.

So let's just throw away the first two Amendments to the Bill of Rights. Hell, isn't it threatening to Robert Brady if you vote for the Robert Brady's opponent in the next election? So let's make that illegal too while we're at it! That way we can throw away freedom, liberty and democracy in one fell swoop!

These anti-American Marxists seek to destroy everything this great country was founded on in order to make themselves more powerful! We're almost to a totalitarian government and these are the last few measures they need to insure that the people have no control over their lives while the government lives high on the hog.

• Like 2

If the guns instead of people were even one tenth of one percent of the problem then statistically there would be hundreds of these types of shootings happening around the country at any given moment. Instead, they are rare because these type of deranged individuals that are determined to act are also rare.

• Like 1

They changed the wording to:

One of the fiercest gun control advocates in Congress, Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.), pounced on the shooting massacre in Tucson, Ariz., Sunday, promising to introduce legislation as soon as Monday targeting the high-capacity ammunition clip the gunman used.

Gun owners are fucked...

I'm not too worried yet, but yes, McCarthy is the same nitwit who didn't know what a barrel shroud was although she tried to get them banned. She called it the "shoulder thing that goes up". :lolol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ospNRk2uM3U

I actually just watched a show on the top 15 most violent acts, or something. One of them was the story about her husband getting killed. Horrible situation, for sure, but no gun law would have protected anyone, like she seems to think it would.

They also had the story about the church that got shot up, and the woman security guard used her CC piece to drop the bad guy. She also happened to be former LEO. So the Brady Campaign guy they had commentating on it said "This is a situation where having a trained professional with a firearm did some good". Just for that reason, I wish it was Joe Schmoe citizen who had used their CC piece to end the carnage and drop the bad guy. It just pissed me off that these Brady douches think that only cops are qualified to handle and use firearms. :ded:

Here is an article stating that there was in fact a CW carrier who helped subdue the gunman but he didn't need to draw his weapon, so he didn't. The Brady Bunch would have everyone believe that ordinary citizens like this are not capable of this type of measured response. We are just idiots who start blasting away in all directions and kill innocent people. Good job by this guy. And make sure you watch the video. This guy is your Joe Shmoe all the way, no disrespect intended. (His name really is Joe)

My link

Edited by DogMan
  • Like 1