OK, I really just need to vent. I just read this on CNN:

Incidentally, it is important that this time the ban go further than the 1994 assault weapons ban. That law had a giant loophole -- it grandfathered all existing large-capacity magazines, and there were millions in circulation at the time in the United States (or that could be imported from Eastern Europe). This time, we would hope for a flat ban on transfer or possession, such as the one that exists, say, in New York state.

Hey dumbass, you may want to check NY state law, they grandfathered in "high" capacity magazines in NY state. They don't have a flat ban.

Is it that hard to Google shit? Couldn't he tab out of MS Word and at least check the crap he's writing????

Nah, the truth being? We should just ban stupidity. That would cure all the ill's that inflict the us........... Well, maybe not? Who would pick on the blind guy for running in the hall with scizzor's then? Let's inforce the tatoo law, "we told ya so"! On thieir forehead!

:super:

:haha:

Incidentally, it is important that this time the ban go further than the 1994 assault weapons ban. That law had a giant loophole -- it grandfathered all existing large-capacity magazines, and there were millions in circulation at the time in the United States (or that could be imported from Eastern Europe). This time, we would hope for a flat ban on transfer or possession, such as the one that exists, say, in New York state.

:lolol:

I love it when they're wrong! :super:

Hey dumbass, you may want to check NY state law, they grandfathered in "high" capacity magazines in NY state. They don't have a flat ban.

Is it that hard to Google shit? Couldn't he tab out of MS Word and at least check the crap he's writing????

You know, if that first class cretin takes you advice and realizes that NY state did grandfather "high" capacity magazines, he is going to proceed to write a new article claiming that the law grandfathering in such magazines did WTC.

That's why they are known as the Communist News Network. I was watching CNN the other day after the shooting, and could not believe things that were being said. I don't watch TV much and don't have cable but caught CNN in the lobby of a hospital. My first reaction was man what a leftist bias and slant to reporting.

Be safe,

Yakdung

Edited by yakdung
  • Like 1

So far we have only got the same old few politicians talking this stuff up along with a whole bunch of media hype. Let's just take a deep breath and act like we've been here before. The pitchfork rattling will die down just like it did after Virginia Tech and politicians will be back to thinking about what it takes to get re-elected. Most of them will come back to the hard reality fucking with our gun rights are not the way to do that.

• Like 2

So far we have only got the same old few politicians talking this stuff up along with a whole bunch of media hype. Let's just take a deep breath and act like we've been here before. The pitchfork rattling will die down just like it did after Virginia Tech and politicians will be back to thinking about what it takes to get re-elected. Most of them will come back to the hard reality fucking with our gun rights are not the way to do that.

Amen. The politicos don't have the balls to go for it right now. The republicans would risk losing Tea Party votes if they allowed it, and the Dems would face a very energized gun-owner voting block against them going into a presidential election cycle.

I give this a 10% chance of causing any new laws.

Edited by Heath_h49008
  • Like 1

That's why they are known as the Communist News Network. I was watching CNN the other day after the shooting, and could not believe things that were being said. I don't watch TV much and don't have cable but caught CNN in the lobby of a hospital. My first reaction was man what a leftist bias and slant to reporting.

Be safe,

Yakdung

No, I dont think ideology has to do with stupidity. The journalist here didnt do his research. Simple as that.

I think its an interesting comment on just how many people own firearms in the news industry.... I mean we think its pretty common to own these things, but really we are in the minority in this country....

I don't think this kind of sloppy journalism is restricted to just gun issues. I don't think we have the same kind of "Walter Cronkite" news industry we used to have where facts are checked and rechecked. Instead of news, we have "infotainment" and facts aren't quite as important as maintaining a constant chatter that will make people watch. If a few facts get twisted along the way, well at least you tuned in.

On a side note I just seen on the news where some lawmakers in SC are introducing a bill doing away with CCW's in favor of anyone who can buy a pistol can carry it concealed where ever its legal!!!! On the basis that MORE ARMED CITIZENS will make the streets safer!!!! It will probably never pass but hooray for SC, if it passes im moving across state lines!!

• Like 1

Be safe,

Yakdung

Couldnt have said it better myself. If you want the "truth" watch fox.

Here are Cook's & Ludwig's e-mail addresses: pcook@duke.edu jludwig@uchicago.edu. Why doesn't anyone contact them and ask why has the automobile not been banned since the death toll is greater the people killing people with guns.

Why buildings have not been banned since people get thrown off of them. Why alcohol has not been banned since it stimulates violence... You guys get the gist of what I am saying... Also mention that people can carry as many mags to compensate the loss of the so called hi-cap.....

Here are Cook's & Ludwig's e-mail addresses: pcook@duke.edu jludwig@uchicago.edu. Why doesn't anyone contact them and ask why has the automobile not been banned since the death toll is greater the people killing people with guns.

Why buildings have not been banned since people get thrown off of them. Why alcohol has not been banned since it stimulates violence... You guys get the gist of what I am saying... Also mention that people can carry as many mags to compensate the loss of the so called hi-cap.....

No matter what we might say, we can't make them have common sense.